NSMB - 2015 – Hardtail Thread

Aug. 24, 2015, 7:42 a.m.

If you can't find that stem let me know. I have a massive polished one that is probably right around 150mm that I'd part with.

DeKerf Team SL '96

Dug this out of the shed [HTML_REMOVED] gave a good once-over. A lot of memories on this on.

In the next couple of days, I'll be switching the flat pedals to some Ritchey Logic SPD styles, [HTML_REMOVED] changing the carbon bar (old!) [HTML_REMOVED] riser stem to a Ti bar with Onza bar-ends and original Syncros 150mm stem (if I can find them in a bin somewhere).

Vintage notes:

- V-Brakes had just been launched [HTML_REMOVED] this was one of the first bikes with'em (note the cable router for cantilevers on the rear wish-bone stay)
- Red sidewalls (as well as grips)to match the DeKerf logo
- Original Syncros seatpost broke a few years ago
-Original Judy's (a whopping 2" travel!)
- North Shore Big Ring

Aug. 26, 2015, 10:02 p.m.

Just curious - why not go up a size? Your inseam seems a little much for that one, and there's shorter stems out there to keep the reach from growing too much.

NSMBA member.

Aug. 27, 2015, 10:36 a.m.

not bad numbers on the new dmr trailstar - slack, low, [HTML_REMOVED] clearance for the new big meat. seat tube is a bit on the slack side tho, and pricing ($750usd) is no longer in the realm of the cheap as dirt dmr's of yore.

Aug. 27, 2015, 11:48 a.m.

Just curious - why not go up a size?

ian, who is sized and proportioned very similarly to me, actually recommended i go down a size - glad i went with a large, fit is great plus the XL frame looks like a gate, imo. i've been riding it with a 5" dropper and a 50mm stem recently and i wouldn't change a thing, though i do wish the rear end had room for 27.5+ meat…

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Sept. 13, 2015, 7:32 a.m.

Images were taken this summer near a small village called Ottsjö, near Are, Sweden.

I still can't believe how much fun that bike is.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Sept. 13, 2015, 10:38 p.m.

Images were taken this summer near a small village called Ottsjö, near Are, Sweden.

I still can't believe how much fun that bike is.

Nice bike and nice looking trails!

Sept. 14, 2015, 8:58 a.m.

I needed a bike to ride to the beach and back, so old faithful got pressed into service, cruiser style. Maybe I should bring this along to the Show [HTML_REMOVED] Shine next year?

Or perhaps not.

Sept. 14, 2015, 9:19 a.m.

I needed a bike to ride to the beach and back, so old faithful got pressed into service, cruiser style. Maybe I should bring this along to the Show [HTML_REMOVED] Shine next year?

Or perhaps not.

This is my favourite bike of the thread.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Sept. 14, 2015, 9:19 a.m.

Or perhaps not.

Maybe I'm mentally disturbed but that's one of my favourite bikes on here :D

treezz
wow you are a ass

Sept. 14, 2015, 9:40 a.m.

why not? considering this year's winner, i'd say the unorthodox build gives her a puncher's chance

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Sept. 14, 2015, 9:50 a.m.

Woah. That's quite the thing. Looks like I need to make the trip to Whistler next year after all…

Sept. 14, 2015, 10:22 a.m.

wait, did you bolt the coaster brake arm to the frame's disk tabs?

Sept. 14, 2015, 10:27 a.m.

That's an eye for detail you have. Yes, I did. It just happened to line up - so why not, right? Between that and the chain tension working out perfectly, the whole endeavor was a lot easier than I expected.

Sept. 14, 2015, 4:29 p.m.

That's totally choice to the max braaaah!

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 14, 2015, 6:58 p.m.

ian, who is sized and proportioned very similarly to me, actually recommended i go down a size - glad i went with a large, fit is great plus the XL frame looks like a gate, imo. i've been riding it with a 5" dropper and a 50mm stem recently and i wouldn't change a thing, though i do wish the rear end had room for 27.5+ meat…

Can you please tell me what pump/bottle cage that is?