SixC bar and HiFi stem off my old bike

Shed head!

March 11, 2015, 6:20 p.m.

Some upgrades-
Blunt 35 with Ardent Race front Ikon rear
Fresh rebuild on the Pike warrantied Reverb
XTR cranks off my old bike
SixC bar and HiFi stem off my old bike

Looks great.. always good to have some nice hand-me-downs for a build.

March 11, 2015, 8:32 p.m.

Looks great.. always good to have some nice hand-me-downs for a build.

Yeah, can't give up this frame. Over 2500km on it. Stuck with old standards but there's still lots of 26" stuff around:)

Shed head!

March 12, 2015, 8:21 a.m.

I'll play along with this years incarnation. Gone is the 3x9 (gasp!), fulcrum wheels (Mmmm Tacos), and Marzocchi 44 (R.I.P.). In with the Flows, LEV, Fox 34 RLC [HTML_REMOVED] 1x10 One Up kit.

March 12, 2015, 11:14 a.m.

I'll play along with this years incarnation. Gone is the 3x9 (gasp!), fulcrum wheels (Mmmm Tacos), and Marzocchi 44 (R.I.P.). In with the Flows, LEV, Fox 34 RLC [HTML_REMOVED] 1x10 One Up kit.

Nice.

Out of curiosity what you do to the 44's that killed it?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

March 12, 2015, 12:44 p.m.

Nice.

Out of curiosity what you do to the 44's that killed it?

It would constantly get stuck down on descents despite running above recommended air pressure which was probably why it was notchy all through the first 1/4 of the travel. A couple of services trips to the city couldn't resolve it. Then the rebound and lockout functions broke, it got another service [HTML_REMOVED] repair and was sold off. All under warranty though and those guys were great. It was the TST2 version, not the Micro.

So I didn't kill it kill it, but it is dead to me.

March 20, 2015, 9:38 p.m.

terrible intro, but the riding is fun

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/400780/

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 23, 2015, 11:04 a.m.

this is more to everyone in here with a surface / rootdown
i'm in the market, and kinda torn on the sizing. I'm 6-1. but more torso than legs ( 32" inseam jeans usually have a one roll cuff or i'm walking on it.). i've always ridden 'smaller' hardtails, thus i'm tempted by the M/L sizing for more aggressive-ish riding.

anyone have any fit stories to chime in with?
cheers.

March 23, 2015, 11:20 a.m.

Fasia, that gold chromag is a beauty. This thread is full of beautiful bikes, love me a hardtail.
This is my one and only currently (had to sell my other hardtail to make the trip out to BC).
It's special to me because it is the first bike I ever built up from nothing and I feel bad ass riding it around town :coo: and I selected every single component down to the valve caps.
Frame is an Octane One Zircus, crank is Octane One 3pc Pro BMX crank, gearing is 25-12, mostly deity components on it. Lightest bike I've ever owned (as it should be being so bare-bones).
Hoping to hit some decent dirt jump/mountain bike parks in town, since I don't drive and getting from Richmond up to the mountains won't be the easiest thing for me.
P.S willing to trade bad ass photography for rides to the mountains ;) haha
P.S.S anyone selling a FS 650b?

March 23, 2015, 1:43 p.m.

Fasia, that gold chromag is a beauty. This thread is full of beautiful bikes, love me a hardtail.
This is my one and only currently (had to sell my other hardtail to make the trip out to BC).
It's special to me because it is the first bike I ever built up from nothing and I feel bad ass riding it around town :coo: and I selected every single component down to the valve caps.
Frame is an Octane One Zircus, crank is Octane One 3pc Pro BMX crank, gearing is 25-12, mostly deity components on it. Lightest bike I've ever owned (as it should be being so bare-bones).
Hoping to hit some decent dirt jump/mountain bike parks in town, since I don't drive and getting from Richmond up to the mountains won't be the easiest thing for me.
P.S willing to trade bad ass photography for rides to the mountains ;) haha
P.S.S anyone selling a FS 650b?

Cheers and nice bike.

Shed head!

March 23, 2015, 4:32 p.m.

i'm in the market, and kinda torn on the sizing. I'm 6-1. but more torso than legs ( 32" inseam jeans usually have a one roll cuff or i'm walking on it.). i've always ridden 'smaller' hardtails, thus i'm tempted by the M/L sizing for more aggressive-ish riding.

anyone have any fit stories to chime in with?
cheers.

I'm 6'2" and similar in that I'm longer in torso than leg, 32" inseam is pretty bang on for me. I have the large Surface and love the longer cockpit on that size. Stand over is nice and low for me, so the bike flows nicely under me in the technical stuff. I have a 50mm stem and a 800mm bar.

It sounds like you are just a touch shorter than me and i would say that the large definitely felt quite roomy for me at first but I've liked the size as I've got used to it. Having said that depending on what bike you have right now, you may want to do for the m/l just for familiarity and that sense of having a nimble bike under you.

Jon-boy.

March 23, 2015, 4:50 p.m.

i'm the same height as john (6'2") with slightly longer legs, on a large surface. sometimes wish the reach/tt was a bit longer but mostly i'm happy with the sizing. that said, ian ritz and i are the same height and proportions and he strongly suggested i go with a m/l frame…

so really, you could go either way. maybe try to jump on one? i definitely found it helpful in making my decision

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 23, 2015, 5:40 p.m.

I'm 6'2" and similar in that I'm longer in torso than leg, 32" inseam is pretty bang on for me. I have the large Surface and love the longer cockpit on that size. Stand over is nice and low for me, so the bike flows nicely under me in the technical stuff. I have a 50mm stem and a 800mm bar.

It sounds like you are just a touch shorter than me and i would say that the large definitely felt quite roomy for me at first but I've liked the size as I've got used to it. Having said that depending on what bike you have right now, you may want to do for the m/l just for familiarity and that sense of having a nimble bike under you.

currently on a large (18") On*one 456 SS - however i think these frames fit quite small. it's definately on the 'nimble small sized frame that rips the DH'
its a fun bike, but it's quite cramped in the cockpit department
also, being the SS, i find the head angle to be a little too slack for the mild riding on the island. the 95-140 travel old school pike helps a lot though
![]([HTML_REMOVED]

March 23, 2015, 6:05 p.m.

currently on a large (18") On*one 456 SS - however i think these frames fit quite small. it's definately on the 'nimble small sized frame that rips the DH'
its a fun bike, but it's quite cramped in the cockpit department
also, being the SS, i find the head angle to be a little too slack for the mild riding on the island. the 95-140 travel old school pike helps a lot though
![]([HTML_REMOVED]

That the older 456?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

March 23, 2015, 6:34 p.m.

i guess it's the older one. no idea. i don't think they made the summer season for many years. maybe 2?