NSMB - 2014 – Hardtail Thread

July 8, 2014, 12:12 p.m.

what they just have some large surface frames lying around? that knowledge could lead to a dangerous impulse purchase decisions… for someone

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

July 8, 2014, 12:49 p.m.

Fromme regulars may have seen a fillet brazed Wishart frame on the trails. Rob is kindly making me a frame to my specs which I am stoked about. I've always wanted a fillet brazed frame and getting to design it myself is a pretty big bonus (although I can't blame anyone else if it rides like shit :D ). I'll throw a few photos up as it gets built. It currently looks like this:

Fun project

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

July 8, 2014, 2:31 p.m.

what they just have some large surface frames lying around? that knowledge could lead to a dangerous impulse purchase decisions… for someone

yeah it was at my door pretty quick considering i'm on the other side of bc. they had a few larges ready plus a large red rootdown, i got to choose from a few colours. if i wanted to wait, i could have chosen my very own colour i guess

July 8, 2014, 3:32 p.m.

ya rob, come over for a visit. trails are fun here, although i really do miss the riding in nelson/cgar/rossland/etc. we might be back for a week in sept or oct.

here is the best this bike is going to look before some old and boring bits go on it. but i'm a sucker for a nice bold coloured frame with all black parts. it'll look good.

That is sweet!!! Man, I need a road trip something bad… soon, I hope.

July 8, 2014, 3:57 p.m.

13 Chromags

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

July 9, 2014, 9 a.m.

13 Chromags

These belong here:

http://www.worca.com/events/chromag-bikes-exile-steel-st-august-23rd-2014/

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

July 15, 2014, 5:13 p.m.

I built up my dad's 2005 Kona Cowan frame with some of the parts that came off my Enduro, fork and tires that were borrowed from Bradical, and the chain from a different friend.

I put a front brake on just so I could get comfortable riding trails before attempting dirt jumps, but it did not function very well and has already come off.

Pretty much the first time I tried to ride dirt jumps I broke my collar bone. I've been very afraid of them for nearly two years since. I finally started to get over that fear last week when I cleaned the dirt jumps at the Maple Ridge skills park. I enjoyed myself and can't wait to do a bit more dirt jumping this summer.

July 16, 2014, 10:52 a.m.

July 16, 2014, 12:10 p.m.

Welcome to the party. Are you going to the Chromag hell ride in August?

July 16, 2014, 12:28 p.m.

Welcome to the party. Are you going to the Chromag anniversary ride in August?

uh, rachid, i think it would be advisable to call it something other than an "anniversary ride" when promoting the dea. i mean yes it is that - but its also tony's coming out of retirement party as a race/event planner. he's had what, 3 years? to build up a repertoire of heinous, soul crushing ride ideas. and from the slideshow, it looks like he's throwing them all into one day. it's bound to be and epic epic. (almost) makes me wish i still owned a hardtail ;)

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

July 16, 2014, 12:50 p.m.

Welcome to the party. Are you going to the Chromag anniversary ride in August?

Ha that looks awesome. Don't think I will be in the area that weekend but I am starting to think I should be. I was in Whistler recently and rode/crashed the Rootdown on the Zappa Trails. Lots of fun to be had in there. Lots of people saying "nice Chromag." Also rode some xc in the Cheakamus River area which is really beautiful.

You guys/gals that live up there are lucky.
:heart:

July 16, 2014, 12:59 p.m.

A more recent picture except I am running flat pedals and it's a hell of a lot dirtier.

July 16, 2014, 1:02 p.m.

uh, rachid, i think it would be advisable to call it something other than an "anniversary ride" when promoting the dea. i mean yes it is that - but its also tony's coming out of retirement party as a race/event planner. he's had what, 3 years? to build up a repertoire of heinous, soul crushing ride ideas. and from the slideshow, it looks like he's throwing them all into one day. it's bound to be and epic epic. (almost) makes me wish i still owned a hardtail ;)

I'm planning on it, you can always borrow a bike Omar. Maybe get a hold of Morgan's if there is a way to get it down here and if he's not planning on being in Whistler.

July 16, 2014, 2:01 p.m.

I'm planning on it, you can always borrow a bike Omar. Maybe get a hold of Morgan's if there is a way to get it down here and if he's not planning on being in Whistler.

I'm sad that it requires a Chromag to do it. Maybe I could put Chromag stickers on my bike :)

July 16, 2014, 2:34 p.m.

I'm sad that it requires a Chromag to do it. Maybe I could put Chromag stickers on my bike :)

Second this. I've actually been watching the buy-n-sell for a cheap frame just for the event.