NSMB - 2014 – Hardtail Thread

Feb. 5, 2014, 4:36 p.m.

Or a couple months of use…ahem Rocky's first Scandium Turbo. I went through 2 from what I remember, then I cracked the second replacement's yellow standard Alu Turbo. Maybe it wasn't a good month for their welder;) :)

They broke at the welds? Like the head tube falling off the main tri? That hoppen long ago but that 'cause the welder wasn't heating the base material enough. Management. love him though 'cause he turn out alotta' of work!
Brraaaaaaaaaappppppppppp………..
Scan have different needs than 6061, both in welding and heattreating process.
I think those Scan frames should have a weight limit. No hamburger mashers allowed…..:nono:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 5, 2014, 5:24 p.m.

This hardtail project is a bit of a long termer as it isn't for me. It's for my daughter. Got this Gary Fisher for free and she was with me when I picked it up. Needs some work to make it a bit more rideable for when she is a bit bigger. Haven't tried to get her into mountain biking at all. Just rides to the park and such. But last October she out of the blue talked about the bike and suddenly made a specific request. She wanted it to be more like daddies so that when she is big enough to ride it she can go riding with daddy.

Deal is. She has to do her chores, clean up when she has to, and all the other stuff kids are expected. You know…work for it a bit. So far earned a pair of grips and a fork.:D

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 5, 2014, 8:03 p.m.

My friend and his hardtail last Sunday afternoon !

Feb. 5, 2014, 9:01 p.m.

My friend and his hardtail last Sunday afternoon !

ugh, getting passed by you guys on the road up to 7th was embarrassing

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Feb. 6, 2014, 7:38 a.m.

This hardtail project is a bit of a long termer as it isn't for me. It's for my daughter. Got this Gary Fisher for free and she was with me when I picked it up. Needs some work to make it a bit more rideable for when she is a bit bigger. Haven't tried to get her into mountain biking at all. Just rides to the park and such. But last October she out of the blue talked about the bike and suddenly made a specific request. She wanted it to be more like daddies so that when she is big enough to ride it she can go riding with daddy.

Deal is. She has to do her chores, clean up when she has to, and all the other stuff kids are expected. You know…work for it a bit. So far earned a pair of grips and a fork.:D

Nothing feels better than working on your kids bikes. Mine are the only kids in the neighbourhood who's brakes acutally work.

My oldest has a sweet Specialized built with an XTR deraileur and other pass me down pimp parts from the spares bin.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Feb. 6, 2014, 9:40 a.m.

Currently to fat to climb and planning to peak in June?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Feb. 6, 2014, 11:21 a.m.

Currently to fat to climb and planning to peak in June?

something like that

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Feb. 6, 2014, 3:01 p.m.

nice, but where's the ti honzo :thepimp:

http://timetogetnaked.com/

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

Feb. 6, 2014, 3:23 p.m.

haha well we walked a couple times so were not that boss.

Feb. 6, 2014, 7:51 p.m.

Nothing feels better than working on your kids bikes. Mine are the only kids in the neighbourhood who's brakes acutally work.

My oldest has a sweet Specialized built with an XTR deraileur and other pass me down pimp parts from the spares bin.

Yep. Gabi seems to be more excited with the arrangement of earning bike parts instead of money as allowance right now.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Feb. 6, 2014, 8:45 p.m.

Yep. Gabi seems to be more excited with the arrangement of earning bike parts instead of money as allowance right now.

The actual cash value of the product endorsement is better than you could do in loonies and toonies anyway - she's getting an early taste of what it's like to be sponsored!

flickr

March 3, 2014, 2:08 p.m.

Not a new bike by any means but made a few changes over the winter.

Cleared off most of the Cove stickers off other than the skull head badge and on the seat tube. Drilled out the top tube cable guides for full coverage. Added a chromag fubar and chromag grips to the cockpit. Fjnslly, experimenting with 1x9 with a chromag clocker 32tooth, will be upgradung the drivetrain when this one gets sloppy.

Because I do a lot of short, near civilization rides I also added a bare essentials saddle bag and need to reinstall the dual bottle cages.

Upgrades this spring will include slx or xt brakes to replace the gawdawful juicy's and more than likely a gravity dropper.

March 3, 2014, 6:11 p.m.

That is a impressively small EPMS.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

March 4, 2014, 7:05 a.m.

I had to kook that up! It holds a couple tube patches, multi tool, and CO2 inflator with two cartridges. Comprrsses tight so no jingle, planning to throw it on the park bike this summer so I can ride without a pack but still be able to fix the odd small problem.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

March 10, 2014, 9:12 a.m.

Poz how do you have the Sektor set up? I'm still not that happy with mine. The Blender felt perfect with my old 454 dual air Pike at 120mm - I used to run 20psi less in the -ve which gave it a firmer and more solid feeling ride. Currently my Sektor RL feels a bit spongey with the standard spring and no compression, I'm 74kg. Bit better with compression set to about half but not ideal. Thinking of going up to the firm spring, have a feeling it may be a bit too hard to get full travel though.

Oh yeah I actually rode my mountain bike today as well, here's a pic at the top of the funnest descent at Cannock. Not that high or anything particularly hard, but still a good laugh. Loving having the hardtail again, its made riding fun again rather than a slog/chore