NSMB - 2014 – Enduro / Trail Bike Thread

Jan. 1, 2014, 10:52 p.m.

A couple of months old now, but so much fun. Might have to splash out on some carbon hoops though, the bigger wheels are definitely not as strong…

I would recommend that upgrade. Changed the handling of my Tallboy. Increase in stiffness is significant and cleans up the handling.

Jon-boy.

Jan. 2, 2014, 12:26 a.m.

Here is my Banshee Spitfire.

Jan. 2, 2014, 4:35 a.m.

My Intense Carbine 275..

Nice bike. What do you think of those rims? I have been considering getting a set of the new 29" hookless ones.

Jan. 2, 2014, 6:20 a.m.

Nice bike. What do you think of those rims? I have been considering getting a set of the new 29" hookless ones.

I haven't had any ride time on these wheels yet. The rims are certainly light (around 390grams), seem to be very stiff and are reasonably priced. Setting them up tubeless was a breeze. Definitely looking forward to spring.

Jan. 2, 2014, 6:48 a.m.

I haven't had any ride time on these wheels yet. The rims are certainly light (around 390grams), seem to be very stiff and are reasonably priced. Setting them up tubeless was a breeze. Definitely looking forward to spring.

Thanks, I might have to give the rims a go, the 29" hookless, reinforced rims with an extra layer of carbon are still not much over 400g each and are meant to be even stiffer.

Jan. 2, 2014, 10:47 a.m.

Sticking with this. Might even try a race this summer….

Jan. 2, 2014, 10:56 a.m.

A couple of months old now, but so much fun. Might have to splash out on some carbon hoops though, the bigger wheels are definitely not as strong…

can't reps you due to crappy photo..

Jan. 2, 2014, 12:16 p.m.

My Dixon rips. It's not carbonium or anything, and the wheels are too small, and the dropper cable is on the outside, and the derailleur is too floppy, and I have at least one too few gears on the cluster, and I still use a chainguide. ;)

At least my fork doesn't have silly switches. :P

That is funny.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Jan. 3, 2014, 9:58 a.m.

This will be the 4th season on my MK2 Nomad frame although it's gone through a few complete fork/wheel/component swaps in that time.

This year the only changes I'll likely make will be a new wheelset at some point, pedals and some other wear items…just can't justify a new bike when this one is still riding really well

light enough for me…

Jan. 3, 2014, 10:47 a.m.

This will be the 4th season on my MK2 Nomad frame although it's gone through a few complete fork/wheel/component swaps in that time.

This year the only changes I'll likely make will be a new wheelset at some point, pedals and some other wear items…just can't justify a new bike when this one is still riding really well

light enough for me…

I am in the same boat as your trail worker. I still have 3 bikes (XC converted to commuter, trail, and FR/DH). Don't ride the FR bike as the trail bike can cover most of the ground the FR bike can, but at under 32lbs. The FR bike with the ligher wheelset is just over 35lbs.

My trail bike is now 4 years old but with some newer parts, KS Lev, 2 newer sets of wheels, XO Trail brakes, pedals.

I keep looking at the new stuff out there, like the Trance SX 27.5 or the Intense 27.5 listed above certainly looks great, but nothing that has me having to upgrade as the old bike does everything quite well (except ride up the hill, but that is the pilots fault and not the bikes').

Still great to see the new gear. Keep the posts coming.

Jan. 3, 2014, 5:08 p.m.

New for 2014, My Nomad has a new Pike
Bike is weighing in at 29.1 lbs

Jan. 3, 2014, 8:41 p.m.

New for 2014, My Nomad has a new Pike
Bike is weighing in at 29.1 lbs

How do you like the Pike in the rough and on landings?

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

Jan. 3, 2014, 8:48 p.m.

How do you like the Pike in the rough and on landings?

Butter smooth, rides high in the travel in the rough and the 35mm stanchions/ 15 mm axle seem plenty stiff

In my humble opinion, it's the best

Jan. 3, 2014, 8:55 p.m.

Jan. 3, 2014, 9:22 p.m.

Butter smooth, rides high in the travel in the rough and the 35mm stanchions/ 15 mm axle seem plenty stiff

In my humble opinion, it's the best

the .8 of a pound weight loss is very appealing and scary!

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.