NSMB - 2014 – Enduro / Trail Bike Thread

May 1, 2014, 6:12 p.m.

What shock Bradical? Oh and super nice bike!

May 1, 2014, 6:30 p.m.

I just installed needle bearings in place of my DU bushings. Haven't ridden it off road yet but I did have to slow the shock's rebound down a little to compensate for how much more easily the eyelets rotate. I may have to fiddle with the settings a little on the trail.

Anyone use these?

May 1, 2014, 9:53 p.m.

Sweet. What's it weigh?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

May 2, 2014, 9:41 a.m.

Bump…..
Lets get this thread back on track. CCDB Air CS just installed, not pictured…Sold the 2013 Nomad and 2014 Bronson for this….The Bastard Child of above mentioned bikes….(would someone please re-post with pics-not links- Cheers)

How does it ride compared to you old Nomad? Cheers!!

May 2, 2014, 10:06 a.m.

What shock Bradical? Oh and super nice bike!

Swapped to my Fav:

Cane Creek DB air CS

May 2, 2014, 10:08 a.m.

Sweet. What's it weigh?

Currently at 28.1 lbs…pretty f'n sweet for a bomber bike

However , my carbon rims were back ordered (Enve 70 in blue decals) Once these are installed and the CC DB Air shock I should be at 27.5 lbs

May 2, 2014, 10:10 a.m.

How does it ride compared to you old Nomad? Cheers!!

In comparison to the old Nomad it rides much better thanks to geo changes etc and proper frame sizing.
I'd say just as confidence inspiring on the descents ,but a much better climber…almost as good as the Bronson in fact or pretty darn close.

May 2, 2014, 11 a.m.

this is good news..it seems Santa Cruz made it right this time!…with this aggressive geo seemed difficult to be a good climber but your review and others all agree on that! I can't wait to have my new Nomad3 frame at home…btw, is the stock built-in chainstay protector enough to avoid chainslap?

In comparison to the old Nomad it rides much better thanks to geo changes etc and proper frame sizing.
I'd say just as confidence inspiring on the descents ,but a much better climber…almost as good as the Bronson in fact or pretty darn close.

May 2, 2014, 11:13 a.m.

a much better climber…

that's interesting, and good to hear. the geo number (74 sta / 65 hta) are next generation and hopefully this kind of feedback will help geo holdouts (i would have lumped sc in here before this bike) cut the norba chord once and for all

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 2, 2014, 12:50 p.m.

this is good news..it seems Santa Cruz made it right this time!…with this aggressive geo seemed difficult to be a good climber but your review and others all agree on that! I can't wait to have my new Nomad3 frame at home…btw, is the stock built-in chainstay protector enough to avoid chainslap?

That's the icing on the cake…the bike its so uber quiet.
Santa Cruz did a fantastic job that even the little things stand out…like the built in chain stay.

I did have to super glue mine back on…but it works.

May 2, 2014, 1:25 p.m.

That's the icing on the cake…the bike its so uber quiet.

Santa Cruz did a fantastic job that even the little things stand out…like the built in chain stay.

I did have to super glue mine back on…but it works.

Great!

May 3, 2014, 2:21 p.m.

Anyone use these?

I use these. The shop took the liberty of putting them in for me instead of bushings last round. They seem to figure they'll last longer for "riders like me", by which I think they mean abusive XC guys who ride a bunch. They've done it for other guys as well and I hear that the results have been good.

They work, and haven't developed any play yet (probably 3-4 months old, I generally get 6-8 months out of a set of shock bushings). No idea if they effect the shock performance at all but I'm not particularly sensitive to suspension stuff so you'll have to ask someone else about that.

May 3, 2014, 6:26 p.m.

Quiet bikes are so nice. My Adhoc when pedaling all you can hear is the knobs hitting the dirt. I have a Hope hub to offset that.

May 3, 2014, 6:30 p.m.

I use these. The shop took the liberty of putting them in for me instead of bushings last round. They seem to figure they'll last longer for "riders like me", by which I think they mean abusive XC guys who ride a bunch. They've done it for other guys as well and I hear that the results have been good.

They work, and haven't developed any play yet (probably 3-4 months old, I generally get 6-8 months out of a set of shock bushings). No idea if they effect the shock performance at all but I'm not particularly sensitive to suspension stuff so you'll have to ask someone else about that.

I have one ride in on them. First thing I noticed was that my shock settings were thrown outta whack because of how easily the shock eyelets rotate now. I had to slow the rebound down by a couple of clicks and add a couple of LSC. What I equate the feeling to is an under-inflated tire. Meaning, most of the smaller roots and rocks were almost invisible. I actually had to stop and look at my tire a couple of times to make sure. hahaha

This is one of those products that should come on stock bikes.

May 3, 2014, 7:21 p.m.

I have one ride in on them. First thing I noticed was that my shock settings were thrown outta whack because of how easily the shock eyelets rotate now. I had to slow the rebound down by a couple of clicks and add a couple of LSC. What I equate the feeling to is an under-inflated tire. Meaning, most of the smaller roots and rocks were almost invisible. I actually had to stop and look at my tire a couple of times to make sure. hahaha

This is one of those products that should come on stock bikes.

is the race that the needlebearing rides on heattreated ?? and is there provisions to lubricate them without have too remove the shock ??

#northsidetrailbuilders