NSMB - 2013 - Enduro/Trail Bike Build thread

Jan. 24, 2013, 8:29 a.m.

Yeti sighting on local Lower Mainland Mtns….
Its my Freeride/All Mtn spec…..30.08Lbs

(Anyone able to post my pic rather than it being a link, cant seem to figure that out)

Jan. 24, 2013, 10:05 a.m.

I've been waiting for the day I saw Bradical as the last poster in this thread. Nice new bike!

Jan. 24, 2013, 10:27 a.m.

I've been waiting for the day I saw Bradical as the last poster in this thread. Nice new bike!

Wow, yeah that's a nice one. Woodlot dream bike.

Cheez1ts did you pull the trigger on that Nickel?

Jan. 24, 2013, 10:33 a.m.

Damn that's a good looking bike.

Jan. 24, 2013, 10:54 a.m.

There have been some complaints about bearings or whatever. But how about general stiffness? I've definitely got my eye on an SB95…

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Jan. 24, 2013, 12:03 p.m.

There have been some complaints about bearings or whatever. But how about general stiffness? I've definitely got my eye on an SB95…

So far…..so awesome. Yeti used to ship with inferior bearings in the alloy models only, the Carbons have always shipped with the Enduro bearings.

My understanding is that all models now ship with Enduro bearing, so problems solved.
you could email John from Yeti…he's on a Yeti thread from early this year " no Yeti love on the shore" or something like that and get specifics. I did, he addressed my concerns, hence my purchase.(Along with Lynn Valley bikes behind the sale, I've got no fear ..excellent shop)

The bike is super stiff, light and down right fun. "Super Bike" (SB) for sure.

Jan. 24, 2013, 12:20 p.m.

So far…..so awesome. Yeti used to ship with inferior bearings in the alloy models only, the Carbons have always shipped with the Enduro bearings.

My understanding is that all models now ship with Enduro bearing, so problems solved.
you could email John from Yeti…he's on a Yeti thread from early this year " no Yeti love on the shore" or something like that and get specifics. I did, he addressed my concerns, hence my purchase.

The bike is super stiff, light and down right fun. "Super Bike" (SB) for sure.

I wouldnt say .. solved.. improved more like it. I had the sb66 aloy first, and have the carbon now. The bearings in the eccentric link are the problem bearings and they are the same in both the carbon and the alloy. The carbon does use enduro bearings for the other bits of the linkage though.

There is a lot of load on those eccentric bearings. That combined with their location, they pick up a lot of mud that doesn't clear easily.

I had to replace the bearings in my alloy a few times in the space of 8 months. I've had my carbon since September and they're still decent, but they are starting to go. With the carbon, I've started to avoid washing the bike, and when I do I avoid spraying the eccentric link. I don't want to force mud or water in there.

For more info on the bearings used check out the manuals (pages 28-29).

http://www.yeticycles.com/pdf/manuals/2013_OwnersManual_SB66.pdf
http://www.yeticycles.com/pdf/manuals/2013_OwnersManual_SB66C.pdf

The bike otherwise is awesome. Super stiff, pedals really well. I test rode a nomad carbon before getting the alloy sb66 and it was like night and day. It really is a great bike.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Jan. 24, 2013, 12:43 p.m.

saw that at lynn valley the other night…. nice work

Jan. 24, 2013, 12:55 p.m.

Sweet Carbon SB! I've been riding one since August and love it. I haven't had real issues with bearings on it and only replaced the ones in my alu after a year. They were pretty rough by then, though but hadn't developed any play. As I said in the other thread, I'm pretty meticulous about cleaning out the nooks and crannies of the linkage before a ride with a brush or a few blasts from the air compressor.

Anyway, as far as ride and stiffness goes, the Carbon SB (an alu for that metter) feel awesome, super stiff and responds really well to aggressive riding, they really come alive when pushed. I'm 6'2" and a large is a good fit. Unreal climbing traction as well.

Jan. 24, 2013, 1:19 p.m.

I wouldnt say .. solved.. improved more like it. I had the sb66 aloy first, and have the carbon now. The bearings in the eccentric link are the problem bearings and they are the same in both the carbon and the alloy. The carbon does use enduro bearings for the other bits of the linkage though.

There is a lot of load on those eccentric bearings. That combined with their location, they pick up a lot of mud that doesn't clear easily.

I had to replace the bearings in my alloy a few times in the space of 8 months. I've had my carbon since September and they're still decent, but they are starting to go. With the carbon, I've started to avoid washing the bike, and when I do I avoid spraying the eccentric link. I don't want to force mud or water in there.

For more info on the bearings used check out the manuals (pages 28-29).

http://www.yeticycles.com/pdf/manuals/2013_OwnersManual_SB66.pdf
http://www.yeticycles.com/pdf/manuals/2013_OwnersManual_SB66C.pdf

The bike otherwise is awesome. Super stiff, pedals really well. I test rode a nomad carbon before getting the alloy sb66 and it was like night and day. It really is a great bike.

Thanks Dutch,
The bearings in the eccentric link, are they common or special order? Wondering if I should order a set for later on…..cause I'm abusing this bike all winter long.

Jan. 24, 2013, 1:28 p.m.

I love this bike wow! Sorry is this DW or VPP?

Mine is nearly finished. Only thing I want to change, purely for looks, is the fork to a black 2013 36 Float :)

Jan. 24, 2013, 1:31 p.m.

Neither, It's Yeti's own system called Switch Technology. Here's a link to a video with the deets…

http://yeticycles.com/switch/

Jan. 24, 2013, 1:39 p.m.

Awesome video thanks! Love the high speed camera action. I couldn't help but think clutch derailleur in some of those sequences.

Props to Yeti on some creative and innovative engineering. And a sexy bike to boot.

Jan. 24, 2013, 1:40 p.m.

(Anyone able to post my pic rather than it being a link, cant seem to figure that out)

looks like shit. ha just kidding looks really sweet.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Jan. 24, 2013, 2:06 p.m.

Thanks Dutch,
The bearings in the eccentric link, are they common or special order? Wondering if I should order a set for later on…..cause I'm abusing this bike all winter long.

Yeti sells them on their online store at a big markup (which is a shame since sc replaces bearings for free for original owners).

You can get the bearings for a much better price at http://www.enduroforkseals.com/

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov