NSMB - 2013 - Enduro/Trail Bike Build thread

Nov. 27, 2013, 8:36 p.m.

Vertical levers

Dec. 11, 2013, 5:04 p.m.

That Stumpy is amazing. Very nice.

My Enduro has been dieting. Next SL cranks (single 30 tooth ring), Syncros TR 1.0 Carbon-railed saddle and a Jerome Truvativ bar. I think the Minion DHR IIs are a little heavier than the Purgatory/Butcher combo I was running because I think I have dropped a pound and a half elsewhere and I'm only a wee bit more than a pound lighter overall. Must find 63 grams to get under 26!

Apologies for crappy phone photo.

Dec. 11, 2013, 5:07 p.m.

Is that bike pink or red?
CCDBA on it? Enduro at 26lbs? FML

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 11, 2013, 5:09 p.m.

It's this bike with a bad photo (and aforementioned updates plus a Pike) so it's red.

Dec. 11, 2013, 5:22 p.m.

:censored::coo::bandit:

nice

…wait! u ride flats?

Dec. 11, 2013, 5:41 p.m.

My Enduro has been dieting. Next SL cranks (single 30 tooth ring), Syncros TR 1.0 Carbon-railed saddle and a Jerome Truvativ bar. I think the Minion DHR IIs are a little heavier than the Purgatory/Butcher combo I was running because I think I have dropped a pound and a half elsewhere and I'm only a wee bit more than a pound lighter overall. Must find 63 grams to get under 26!

for anyone that doesn't know that's cam's basement and not a bike shop.

:drool:

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 11, 2013, 5:52 p.m.

Do you think at this point that the Next SL cranks are burly enough for the intended use of that bike? It seems that the distinctions between big bike stuff and small bike stuff are getting really narrow. At one point it was Diabolus-type stuff or nothing. Now that Atlas and SixC are considered DH/DH-race is it feasible for a 200+lb rider to rock Next SLs on his AM bike in Vancouver? Cuz I really want to.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Dec. 11, 2013, 8:29 p.m.

Do you think at this point that the Next SL cranks are burly enough for the intended use of that bike? It seems that the distinctions between big bike stuff and small bike stuff are getting really narrow. At one point it was Diabolus-type stuff or nothing.
Now that Atlas and SixC are considered DH/DH-race is it feasible for a 200+lb rider to rock Next SLs on his AM bike in Vancouver? Cuz I really want to.

Great questions!!
I have been wondering the same.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

Dec. 12, 2013, 9:09 a.m.

I think the Minion DHR IIs are a little heavier than the Purgatory/Butcher combo I was running

If you are on EXO compounds it certainly is. I've found the control casing from the Big S doesn't cut the mustard like the EXO's for the North Shore. Unless you ride groomers. Sick bike Cammo.

:canada:

Dec. 12, 2013, 9:52 a.m.

Minion DHR2's front and rear are the best tires I've run. Both DH and trail.

Dec. 12, 2013, 9:58 a.m.

Unless you ride groomers.

oh no you didn't

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Dec. 12, 2013, 10:01 a.m.

If you are on EXO compounds it certainly is. I've found the control casing from the Big S doesn't cut the mustard like the EXO's for the North Shore. Unless you ride groomers. Sick bike Cammo.

Try the new Grid casings on the Butchers or Purgs. They're thicker but not much heavier than the Controls. I've had great luck with them.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Dec. 12, 2013, 10:19 a.m.

Try the new Grid casings on the Butchers or Purgs. They're thicker but not much heavier than the Controls. I've had great luck with them.

Looking at the Grid casing weights from http://www.fraserbicycle.com/product-list/tires-tubes-1101/tires-1103/26-inch-1105/?rb_br=349 they weigh more than the EXO's.

:canada:

Dec. 12, 2013, 1:38 p.m.

Looking at the Grid casing weights from http://www.fraserbicycle.com/product-list/tires-tubes-1101/tires-1103/26-inch-1105/?rb_br=349 they weigh more than the EXO's.

Sorry I thought you meant that the sidewalls on the Controls weren't up to snuff. Honestly I don't have a clue what the Maxxis tires are weighing in at right now, I just know that according to my scale, the Butchers run 745/714g and Purgatorys 729/688g for Grid/Control casings respectively. The Grid sidewalls aren't much thicker than the Controls (and only 72g overall weight gain to the bike), but I found they're much more supportive at lower tire pressures.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Dec. 12, 2013, 3:24 p.m.

Minion DHR2's front and rear are the best tires I've run. Both DH and trail.

I dunno, the front seems to like to slide too easy for me, I am gunna run a 2.35 minion dhf when it wears out I think