NSMB - 2013 - DH/FR Build thread

Jan. 3, 2013, 6:21 p.m.

Very nice… yellow seatpost though looks odd to me?

Ordered for the build and put it on and felt the same way. It works so I'm not about to change unless another post magically appears in my hands.

Shed head!

Jan. 3, 2013, 10:38 p.m.

Rode 4-6" bikes for the last 6 years decided id build up a big rig finally. 35.75 pounds

Jan. 3, 2013, 10:57 p.m.

Nightwolf seat looks great on there.

Jan. 3, 2013, 11:17 p.m.

Nightwolf seat looks great on there.

Thanks, I still find pivitol far superior to rails/I beam

Jan. 4, 2013, 7:21 p.m.

Here she goes. 35 pounds on the dot.

Jan. 13, 2013, 8:41 p.m.

I could put this in the Enduro/Trail bike thread as this is my do-everything bike. It mostly sees action in Woodlot (where I have finally managed to pedal all the way up without walking, although with a few breaks!) and XC loops in Golden Ears. Around 42lbs but for a big guy like me it is lightweight.

Details:
-2010 Cove STD Size large
-Chromag seatpost clamp: my poor man dropper post
-Saint brakes: reliable and fade free, unlike my old Avid Codes
-Straitline Silent Guide with 32 Tooth Single Ring: excellent fit on this bike, silent and has never dropped a chain and has saved my poor knees climbing
-SRAM X7 10 speed rear with X9 shifter: After breaking my X9 derailleur I went with a much cheaper X7 and have enjoyed better, problem free shifting ever since
-Older Totem with a new DH rebound damper (thanks Brother Lu)
-Mavic Deetraks: say what you must, but these have remained straight as an arrow and problem free since new
-Truvativ and Thomson bits: I like the width of the Booobar but have never been a fan of the sweep or rise

Wishlist:
-Titanium rear spring: not for the weight savings but several other STD owners have told me it really improves the suspension action
-New seat without bent rails
-Dropper post
-Front derailleur??? If it was up to Dean…I am fighting the fight

www.FVMBA.com

Jan. 13, 2013, 9:46 p.m.

I could put this in the Enduro/Trail bike thread as this is my do-everything bike. It mostly sees action in Woodlot (where I have finally managed to pedal all the way up without walking, although with a few breaks!) and XC loops in Golden Ears. Around 42lbs but for a big guy like me it is lightweight.

Details:
-2010 Cove STD Size large
-Chromag seatpost clamp: my poor man dropper post
-Saint brakes: reliable and fade free, unlike my old Avid Codes
-Straitline Silent Guide with 32 Tooth Single Ring: excellent fit on this bike, silent and has never dropped a chain and has saved my poor knees climbing
-SRAM X7 10 speed rear with X9 shifter: After breaking my X9 derailleur I went with a much cheaper X7 and have enjoyed better, problem free shifting ever since
-Older Totem with a new DH rebound damper (thanks Brother Lu)
-Mavic Deetraks: say what you must, but these have remained straight as an arrow and problem free since new
-Truvativ and Thomson bits: I like the width of the Booobar but have never been a fan of the sweep or rise

Wishlist:
-Titanium rear spring: not for the weight savings but several other STD owners have told me it really improves the suspension action
-New seat without bent rails
-Dropper post
-Front derailleur??? If it was up to Dean…I am fighting the fight

Nice bike.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Jan. 13, 2013, 10:18 p.m.

I'd put the Ti spring at the bottom of the wishlist. Much better off getting the post first.

Jan. 14, 2013, 10:33 p.m.

New cranks arrived today. Getting my new fork tomorrow. Still to come: Brakes, chain ring, guide, pedals, stem, hubs, rims, and a few other small parts to keep me happy this coming summer.

:england:

Jan. 15, 2013, 1:37 a.m.

the cuffs dont match the collar

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 15, 2013, 6:48 a.m.

Waiting for a few bits… hoping to come in at 35 lbs…

Jan. 15, 2013, 8:59 a.m.

2011 SX Trail
66 RC3 EVO
Code R Brakes
X9 Shifters
Reverb
Butcher SX

Jan. 15, 2013, 5:18 p.m.

XL V10

Tried to keep the build cost down and reused my old wheelset (DT swiss 440 on WTB FR rims) and fork (boxxer with avy cartridge)

Zee brakes and drivetrain
Race Face chester bars and stem
Thompson post

Around 38 Lbs with a minion and a High roller and ghetto tubeless.

EDIT:

Dont bust my balls….ran out of tie wraps so the cables are all over the map. Sigh!

I think all in I am under $2800. (not including reused parts fork and wheelset.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Jan. 19, 2013, 8:48 a.m.

Waiting for a few bits… hoping to come in at 35 lbs…

Pretty damn light and it is not even a carbon bike!

Jan. 19, 2013, 9:39 a.m.

Also in the Enduro thread but this is my big bike for the park etc this summer