NSMB - 2012 Light AM/FR bike build off 4-7"

Feb. 1, 2012, 3:46 p.m.

Wow, that's a great looking bike. One of the only frames that I've seen in the past few years that makes me want to upgrade..what's your impression? Is it more of a pedally bike than can descend, or a descender that can pedal?

Sorry I missed your comment among the drama.

It was was either the sb66 or the nomad c. I test rode both before choosing the yeti. Personally I think the yeti descends and pedals better than the nomad c.

I was shocked at how well it pedals even with pro pedal off. Flip pro pedal on, and the difference is tiny. The nomad c had noticeably more bob with propedal off.

With Descending its very good, maybe not the best on high frequency stuff stuff, but on big hits its shocking how smooth it is. Riding the nomad, it didn't feel like it was using it's travel, but after checking the shock it was. The push link apparently does wonders for the nomad though.

I haven't had much seat time on it (snow), and I'm still getting used to the head angle and the lower front end (had a bullit before this). But its really fun to play around with and super stiff. Really enjoying it, can't wait for this weekend. My friend calls it the cheater bike as it's so stable all low and high speed (he's got one too).

My only issue with it is that it had some burs in the seat tube and messed up my seatpost. A few other owners have mentioned this. Also I have noticed some wheel flop which takes a bit of getting used to.

Pic of our sb66s at ledgeview :)

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Feb. 1, 2012, 5:48 p.m.

Dogboy and dutch,I'm a Nomad fanboy,but both your bikes make me:drool:

Feb. 8, 2012, 1:52 p.m.

Knolly Chilcotin. It is everything I expected and more. As you can see it's set up a little more for descending. I left the steertube long incase I want to raise the cockpit for steep/fast downhill riding. I have 2 rides on it so far. I have the suspension at baseline settings and haven't really dialed it in yet, but feels amazing as is so far.

Feb. 8, 2012, 2:26 p.m.

^Nice rig. How do you find it on the uphill?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 8, 2012, 3:17 p.m.

^Seconded. Weight on that bad boy too?

Love the colour, I had a Ibis in that colour years ago.

Jon-boy.

Feb. 8, 2012, 6:08 p.m.

The bike pedals uphill quite well I thought. The full seat tube is a plus. I have it in the low bb/slack shock position so obviously thats going to compromise the uphill performance, but I am more concerned about dh performance. I would like to be able to do everything I can do on a downhill bike with this bike, just a little slower in highspeed stuff. Judging from the little bit of riding I have done, it is totally possible. Also the rear end is really stiff.

The weight is 34 lbs. The heavy parts are the dh tires, straitline pedals, and cane creek shock. Maybe by swapping those parts you could get it down to 32, but that would be ghey.

Feb. 20, 2012, 7:37 p.m.

So I just bought an all mountain rig with a 10spd setup. Is a single 34tooth chainring with a chainguide a good setup for say riding up fromme? I've had a few people tell me now that I don't really need the granny gear with such a tall cassette. This all mountain pedal up business is foreign to me.

Feb. 20, 2012, 7:42 p.m.

So I just bought an all mountain rig with a 10spd setup. Is a single 34tooth chainring with a chainguide a good setup for say riding up fromme? I've had a few people tell me now that I don't really need the granny gear with such a tall cassette. This all mountain pedal up business is foreign to me.

the last bit of mtn. hwy might be a bit much. the gravel road will be cake with that setup. I've meandered up with a 36 ring on a 32t cassette.

Check my stuff for sale!

Feb. 20, 2012, 7:52 p.m.

Ok sick, I'll be looking into changing some stuff over then. Thanks!

Feb. 20, 2012, 8:03 p.m.

the last bit of mtn. hwy might be a bit much. the gravel road will be cake with that setup. I've meandered up with a 36 ring on a 32t cassette.

I have been riding up Mtn. Hwy. with a 36/32T combo and it is only hard a few times you know.

You will be fine climbing with a 1x10 especially if it is something like a 32/36T combo. But, there is nothing wrong with running a front D, especially if you like your knees.

Feb. 20, 2012, 8:05 p.m.

Sweet Chilcotin. I am going to try to hold out on buying a shuttle bike until the 'new' Delirium is revealed. The Chili looks amazing but too much overlap with the trail bike I think.

Feb. 20, 2012, 8:40 p.m.

I'd buy a 32T ring for starters. Then graduate to the 34T. You might even want an 11-36T cassette in the back.

Best make those changes while the bike is new so it will cost you less.

Feb. 20, 2012, 9:03 p.m.

New bike built up.

33.6 lbs with heavy winter rubber on there

Feb. 20, 2012, 10:05 p.m.

I'd buy a 32T ring for starters. Then graduate to the 34T. You might even want an 11-36T cassette in the back.

Best make those changes while the bike is new so it will cost you less.

I just checked and my bike does come with a 32t middle ring so I'm going to start with that seeing as I already used it to climb yesterday without to much problem. When it got a little hard I got lazy and grabbed the granny ring so that's something I will have to get over.

Feb. 20, 2012, 10:52 p.m.

So I actually rode my bike! Suspension is just about dialed in. Need a hair less air pressure in the fork, but this bike is heaps of fun. Slack [HTML_REMOVED] low trail bikes are awesome. Can definitely feel the extra wheelbase on really slow and tight stuff, but everywhere else I'm loving it.

Check my stuff for sale!