NSMB - 2012 Light AM/FR bike build off 4-7"

Dec. 29, 2012, 5:46 p.m.

The Roco rotated upwards inside the regular linkage at full compression. It snapped the shock shaft inside the coil, pretty disastrous!

Managed to find the last Evo linkage available from Specialized and went the correct route of converting to an Evo. Luckily the shock rotating didn't do much damage to the frame when it snapped! It was a fun experiment machining the notches into an aftermarket shock but much easier using the Evo linkage

Dec. 29, 2012, 5:51 p.m.

Damn!It sounded good anyway.

Dec. 29, 2012, 7 p.m.

I'm still concerned about those dangly things under the b/b.

You keep up like that'n you'll end up like the buck who didn't quite clear the barbed wire fence………

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 29, 2012, 7:05 p.m.

I'm still concerned about those dangly things under the b/b.

You keep up like that'n you'll end up like the buck who didn't quite clear the barbed wire fence………

If you snag them, then you are bashing your bash ring first. I've had a bike like that for three years, and it's never been an issue, it looks tidier and keeps a better path for cables on suspension frames.

Dec. 29, 2012, 7:37 p.m.

Haven't had any issue with the cables and hoses during the last year of solid riding on this frame. Don't expect to either. The more sagged the suspension is when riding, the closer the loops are to the frame too. Something would have to come into them from the side (not too common) for it to be an issue.

They work well routed down there IMO and act as a bash guard/rock deflector for the downtube

Dec. 29, 2012, 10:56 p.m.

Didn't have any problem with my sx with cables hanging below bb this year.