NSMB - 2012 Light AM/FR bike build off 4-7"

March 24, 2012, 7:46 p.m.

It will alter the handing of the bike, likely negative as the Enduro was designed for a 6" travel fork not an 8" fork

I don't know, there's only a 20mm axle to crown difference between the two, weight seems to be about the same, slightly slacker may get me closer to the feeling of my dh bike?

www.travelswithtyler.com

March 25, 2012, 7:31 a.m.

Just picked up a 2012 Specialized Enduro Comp. Any reason not to throw on an old boxxer world cup on the front instead of the lyrik that's on there?

Why would you want to? If you want a DH bike, buy a DH bike. The Enduro is already pretty slack for a trail bike.

March 25, 2012, 7:42 a.m.

Super slack wallowy bikes feel like shit as well.

March 25, 2012, 9:12 a.m.

Day 3 on my reign yesterday and some general thoughts. Last weekend we rode Seymour and it was a bit slick, Last two days have been laps in Pemberton. First, even a crank bros joplin is better than a regular seatpost, regardless of the posts many shortcomings, and already after 3 rides I can see it's going to be a maintenance headache, ordered a reverb yesterday. Going to a reverb will also push me an inch and change forward on the bike which I think will be even better for climbing and allow me to stay with a 70mm stem. The joplin post rail clamp is offset to the back of the post, so it'll be nice to be a bit more forward, for me anyway.

The nevegal tires are only on right now because the clutch control 2.3s I ordered aren't in yet. Slow speed stuff on the shore they seemed pretty decent, but in looser rockier Pemberton conditions I finding them kind of unpredictable, and they don't lose grip as predictably as a minion f.

Aside from those minor quibbles, I am absolutely loving the bike. It's taken basically no time to feel really really comfortable. Climbing is a breeze with the steeper headangle and also the talus fork, the rear sus handles ledgey features (rocks, roots) very smoothly. I've ridden a glory dh the past few years too, and the reign handles to the descents very similarly, have gotten myself into trouble a few times going a bit too fast and loose into sections, but it loves being pushed!

Well, that wraps up this mini review. Very happy with my purchase and I feel that, as much as I loved my Hustler, it's been a pretty big step up performance wise switching to the giant. can't wait for more trail shredding fun.

edit, still no scale shot, because I still don't care!

March 25, 2012, 9:13 a.m.

36.6lbs with 2 ply wire bead DH tires and steel stanchion coil Domain fork.

March 25, 2012, 4:15 p.m.

Why would you want to? If you want a DH bike, buy a DH bike. The Enduro is already pretty slack for a trail bike.

I have a 62 degree ha makulu dh bike that is beyond amazing. I bought the enduro to be close to a dh bike for days when I'm by myself and decide to pedal up and down. the enduro is sitting at 66 stock, haven't actually measured it though. It's more the fact that I have a boxxer sitting in the garage that feels a lot better than the lyric so far. I guess there's no harm in trying it out. The sole reason for the enduro was to make the up more bearable before enjoying the down, that's the "why I would want to" part.

The geometry change would likely only be a degree based on axle to crown, negligible, so just the performance gain was my main thought. Just mainly wondering why more people hadn't tried it before?

www.travelswithtyler.com

March 25, 2012, 4:33 p.m.

because trail bikes with dual crown forks make me sad.

Check my stuff for sale!

March 25, 2012, 6:01 p.m.

I have a 62 degree ha makulu dh bike that is beyond amazing. I bought the enduro to be close to a dh bike for days when I'm by myself and decide to pedal up and down. the enduro is sitting at 66 stock, haven't actually measured it though. It's more the fact that I have a boxxer sitting in the garage that feels a lot better than the lyric so far. I guess there's no harm in trying it out. The sole reason for the enduro was to make the up more bearable before enjoying the down, that's the "why I would want to" part.

The geometry change would likely only be a degree based on axle to crown, negligible, so just the performance gain was my main thought. Just mainly wondering why more people hadn't tried it before?

Try the DH damper in the Lyrik. It isn't the head angle its the lack of low speed compression that's the problem.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

April 23, 2012, 11:20 p.m.

Bump… Fourth page

April 24, 2012, 9:49 a.m.

go faster.

April 24, 2012, 10:01 a.m.

go faster.

:werd:

April 24, 2012, 1:54 p.m.

So do super steep twitchy bikes

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

April 24, 2012, 2:12 p.m.

So do super steep twitchy bikes

go slower…wait wat?

April 24, 2012, 4:17 p.m.

:lol: :lol:

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 6, 2012, 10:07 p.m.

My 2012 Entourage:

35 and a bit:

Highlights include carbon handlebars.