NSMB - 2011 Light AM/FR bike build off 4-7"

Nov. 16, 2011, 7:30 a.m.

Hopefully they put some bearings in the F'in thing.

Nov. 16, 2011, 2:34 p.m.

yup^^^ bearings and iscg 05 tabs and i would buy another. esp that carbon beauty. i wonder if thats 150mm travel?

Nov. 16, 2011, 2:40 p.m.

Wasn't that pic an April Fools joke a couple years ago?

Nov. 16, 2011, 3:37 p.m.

How are you liking the Hans Dampf tires?

Nov. 16, 2011, 4:11 p.m.

that'd be a shame. their med has great standover. that black nomad c has me drooling. everything except SO

Nov. 16, 2011, 6:11 p.m.

ja, es war nur ein witz

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Nov. 17, 2011, 10:31 a.m.

re:Hans Dampf…talk to me yo!

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 18, 2011, 6:58 a.m.

Since no one else is speaking up I will. I have been on the Hans Dampf since August and the grip truly is amazing. I found myself climbing this I could not climb the week before due to my tire breaking loose. I was running them front and back but for the dry summer riding the tire is way to soft on the back. I had maybe 6-7 rides and I already had a few nobs have ripped off and most were showing signs of wear. The front was still great. I took the back off and still have the one on front and it still shows almost no sign of wear after 3 months and is grippy as hell. Great tires but for the price I would not run one on the back.

Nov. 18, 2011, 10:20 a.m.

which compound have you been using?

Since no one else is speaking up I will. I have been on the Hans Dampf since August and the grip truly is amazing. I found myself climbing this I could not climb the week before due to my tire breaking loose. I was running them front and back but for the dry summer riding the tire is way to soft on the back. I had maybe 6-7 rides and I already had a few nobs have ripped off and most were showing signs of wear. The front was still great. I took the back off and still have the one on front and it still shows almost no sign of wear after 3 months and is grippy as hell. Great tires but for the price I would not run one on the back.

Nov. 18, 2011, 10:38 a.m.

This is exactly what I keep reading. Sounds like a great front tire though. It's the trailstar compound I assume? I know they're coming out with a harder pacestar compound as well (which might solve the problem of rear tire wear) but I don't know if it's out yet.

For rear tire, I'm probably going to go with trail king 2.2 in black chili. I run one up front right now and it's pretty grippy but wears a lot longer than most grippy tires.

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 18, 2011, 10:40 a.m.

This is exactly what I keep reading.

why do you keep asking the question if you keep getting the same answer? i've never even seen one of these tires but i could have told you the same thing… because i've been forced to read the response of everyone you've nagged about them. buy a set or stfu already

edit: but don't take it from me:

I mean I should just stfu ffs.

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Nov. 18, 2011, 11:21 a.m.

why do you keep asking the question if you keep getting the same answer? i've never even seen one of these tires but i could have told you the same thing… because i've been forced to read the response of everyone you've nagged about them. buy a set or stfu already

edit: but don't take it from me:

Ha. Yes. Good point. Maybe I should ask you about your Chromag Kamui then. But that's for the hardtail thread. Better yet I'll pm you so I don't bother anyone. FFS.

Edit: There's a lot of grouchiness out there today. People in general need to ctfu or gtfo. Ffs.

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 18, 2011, 11:36 a.m.

^ It's the snow on the trails, and the prospect of not riding for a few months.

Nov. 18, 2011, 12:05 p.m.

^ It's the snow on the trails, and the prospect of not riding for a few months.

Yeah…I guess that's it. I'm going to keep riding as much as I can. I'll have to be creative. Might even do spin classes just to maintain/improve my cardio. I can't go into another spring puking the first time I do a climb. Just can't do that anymore.

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 18, 2011, 11:51 p.m.

Here's one more for the collection.

This is my girlfriend's, updated, 2011 Specialized Safire.

26.6 pounds.

150mm/120mm Talas 32 RLC / 120mm Rear Travel.

2.2 Conti Rubber w/ reinforced sidewalls (set up tubeless)

-D

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather