NSMB - 2011 Light AM/FR bike build off 4-7"

April 6, 2011, 10:42 p.m.

Very sweet.

If you haven't already, updating the shock with the addition of the Inline Boost Valve (stock in current RP23 shocks) would make a notable performance difference without costing you an arm+leg.

More expensive, but even more impressive, if the new linkage/DRCV shock. It makes for a notable difference to small bump compliance and big-hit stability.

-D

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

April 7, 2011, 8:48 p.m.

So here is my re-finished Remedy

I REALLY like that.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

April 7, 2011, 9:17 p.m.

The Remedy looks great but Reveeeeeeeeeeerb!!!

:)

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

April 7, 2011, 9:38 p.m.

Very sweet.

If you haven't already, updating the shock with the addition of the Inline Boost Valve (stock in current RP23 shocks) would make a notable performance difference without costing you an arm+leg.

More expensive, but even more impressive, if the new linkage/DRCV shock. It makes for a notable difference to small bump compliance and big-hit stability.

-D

I heard that the DRCV was crap on this bike, but getting the boost valve mod was awesome.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

April 7, 2011, 10:55 p.m.

but getting the boost valve mod was awesome.

mmmm it's said to do wonders for poorly designed and controlled suspension

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

April 7, 2011, 11:07 p.m.

I heard that the DRCV was crap on this bike, but getting the boost valve mod was awesome.

don't know about the Remedy but the DRCV is pretty bottomless on my Fuel.

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

April 7, 2011, 11:53 p.m.

The DRCV shock definitely feels more controlled on a Remedy then the HV Air Cans that came stock in the previous generations.

More efficient pedaling, equal or better small bump sensitivity and way more controlled feel on big hits.

Wouldn't describe that as crap…

Opinion of 180 pound+ rider.

-D

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

April 8, 2011, 12:35 a.m.

Thanks guys. I think it looks pretty hot so I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Yes a Reverb is on the 'potential' list. I'm keen on the idea but have been biding my time for something that comes in at a reasonable weight and is reliable.

As for the rear shock… yeah that's something I've been looking at over the past while. I was almost going to pull the trigger on the ISX-6 but then realised that the linkage would need some significant mods.

Jon-boy.

April 8, 2011, 12:37 a.m.

mmmm it's said to do wonders for poorly designed and controlled suspension

Care to explain why it is a poorly designed and controlled suspension?

April 8, 2011, 7:29 a.m.

Yes a Reverb is on the 'potential' list. I'm keen on the idea but have been biding my time for something that comes in at a reasonable weight and is reliable.

sounds like you're in the market for a gravity dropper

Care to explain why it is a poorly designed and controlled suspension?

only fun'ing - when i was researching the new rp23 bv, i kept on being pointed to this article. they're conclusion on who the bv would be suited for is not encouraging:

Is it worth the upgrade? Again, yes and no, depending on your situation. If you're riding a bike with well-designed and well-controlled suspension, you may notice less improvement. If you find yourself riding with platform damping turned on frequently, you'll appreciate the smoother transition out of the platform. If you're simply not happy with the performance of your bike's suspension, or suspect the ride could be better, then a BV-equipped RP23 should be up for consideration.

damned with faint praise?

oh, and that remedy is hawt!

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

April 8, 2011, 7:37 a.m.

Sweet Remedy.

It's a shame that Trek decided to turn it "Most Of Mountain" after this model year and introduce the Scratch.

treezz
wow you are a ass

April 8, 2011, 10:49 a.m.

only fun'ing - when i was researching the new rp23 bv, i kept on being pointed to this article. they're conclusion on who the bv would be suited for is not encouraging:

damned with faint praise?

oh, and that remedy is hawt!

Werd. I thought you were saying that the suspension on the Remedy was poorly designed. Since I prefer a coil-like feeling, I feel that BV RP23s with a high BV pressure tune is an improvement on any bike.

April 9, 2011, 4:50 p.m.

2010 Norco LT6.2
6" front and rear
Folding bead tires

April 14, 2011, 9:04 a.m.

I just finished building up my mojo hd - I am heading down to moab/fruita today, so pictures will have to wait.

29.5 - 30.5 lbs depending on the amount of stans sealant in the tires and which pedals I have on (tasters choice or xtr)
dhx air 5
talas 36
reverb seatpost
single ply (minion dhf and dhr)
9 speed X0 and XTR
sixc bars
elixir cr brakes - 7inch rotors front and rear
hope pro 2 hubs laced to flow rims

April 23, 2011, 1:53 a.m.

Just got my new machine. Trek Scratch Aie 9. Swapped the fork out to a 180mm fox talas. Took The front deraileur off and through on a LG1 guide and a 32T ring. Shorter deraileur, MG1 pedals, Reverb post, Fizik sear, Thompson 4X 50mm Stem, Raceface Atlus FR bar, Maxxis exo 2.5 rubber (3C front, 60a raer). Rest is stock. Super super fun bike and a claimed 33.66lbs. Pictures to come

:england: