NSMB - 2011 Light AM/FR bike build off 4-7"

March 4, 2011, 5:27 p.m.

Already posted my bike in the dh thread but i guess it belong in here as it's a fr bike.

08 santa cruz bullit, 7' front [HTML_REMOVED] rear, 20mm, 1.5 ply tires

34.08 with ti spring, 33.8 with dhx air

March 10, 2011, 6:33 p.m.

I have finally got my Enduro finished. No complete weight yet but on paper it is around 32lbs. Real life will probably be closer to 33lb but I will post up a scale shot as soon as I get around to it. Definitely will not be winning any lightweight prizes but I have built it as beefy as I think is necessary for around here.

150mm rear/160mm front
2.25 single-ply rear, 2.4 1.5-ply front
20mm front axle

Final step was getting the guys at SuspensionWerx to service the shock and set the bike up for me. Very impressed with the work they do over there, and the care they have to get bikes dialed for customers. Thanks James and Arthur!

March 12, 2011, 1:22 p.m.

There's no records being broken this year for sure!

My bike is no longer a real weenie rig, pretty much anything proper light has died a death overdue, the only parts leftover from the mad stages are the rotor's. Which are to be replaced with Shimano RT76 next week so I can have proper power and not have my bike smelling like an electrical fire after each run.

But on the flipside I can haul ass and not worry about breaking things like before. Looks like 32.5 is my safety zone. Angleset soon = 63.5 H/A, 13.4 BB.:high:

March 12, 2011, 2:03 p.m.

I have finally got my Enduro finished. No complete weight yet but on paper it is around 32lbs. Real life will probably be closer to 33lb but I will post up a scale shot as soon as I get around to it. Definitely will not be winning any lightweight prizes but I have built it as beefy as I think is necessary for around here.

150mm rear/160mm front
2.25 single-ply rear, 2.4 1.5-ply front
20mm front axle

Final step was getting the guys at SuspensionWerx to service the shock and set the bike up for me. Very impressed with the work they do over there, and the care they have to get bike dialed for customers. Thanks James and Arthur!

this gen of enduros/sx trails were the sexiest specilaized to date

, however, notice the black guys pants don't leave much to the imajination.

March 14, 2011, 10:01 a.m.

There's no records being broken this year for sure!

My bike is no longer a real weenie rig, pretty much anything proper light has died a death overdue, the only parts leftover from the mad stages are the rotor's. Which are to be replaced with Shimano RT76 next week so I can have proper power and not have my bike smelling like an electrical fire after each run.

But on the flipside I can haul ass and not worry about breaking things like before. Looks like 32.5 is my safety zone. Angleset soon = 63.5 H/A, 13.4 BB.:high:

any updated pics?

March 17, 2011, 5:31 p.m.

Finally got my wheels. Here's the finished product:

Major pieces:
2010 Coilair Supreme frame (6" + 2" travel)
Cane Creek Cloud Nine shock
2011 Lyrik RC2DH w/ 1.5" tapered steerer (170mm/6.7" travel)
Hammerschmidt AM BB [HTML_REMOVED] crankset (22T for now)
Kona Wah Wah pedals
X9 rear derailleur [HTML_REMOVED] shifters
Easton Haven wheels and bar
Maxxis High Roller UST 2.35 tires
Hayes Stroker brakes
WTB Silverado saddle
Mostly bought at local shops (thanks Wentings and Cranky's!)

Not the lightest, but pound for pound it goes down like a champ. The Hammerschmidt is my favorite part and ain't that heavy.

It's damn close for the DH category but as much as I like this bike, I'd pick a real DH bike for real DH.

March 17, 2011, 5:40 p.m.

Nice one with the Cloud Nine shock. I didn't think that shock was still around, and now I see they have a new one on the market. The trade-in option seems really cool as well.

March 18, 2011, 3:41 p.m.

are those the carbon wheels?
nice build

March 18, 2011, 7:56 p.m.

I did the trade in option for the shock. Turned in a different size, pooched Roco R for the trade. It is a great little piece of hardware.

Nope, no carbon. It was approx. $1400 more to save 200 grams. Couldn't quite justify the $7/gram price tag. I'm hoping these will hold up just as well, if not better.

March 19, 2011, 10:59 a.m.

are those the carbon wheels?
nice build

The Carbon Havens have the writing as an outline, not filled in like the alloy versions.

Much more subtle.

March 19, 2011, 12:41 p.m.

The Carbon Havens have the writing as an outline, not filled in like the alloy versions.

Much more subtle.

didn't know the alloys came in black :stupid:
that's why I was thinking bout the carbons

April 3, 2011, 11:39 a.m.

So here is the Dixon in (probably) its final configuration. Changes include Minion 2.35 tires, Race Face Atlas bar and stem, and a Reverb post. This is the most versatile, fun bike I have owned.

April 3, 2011, 7:46 p.m.

So here is the Dixon in (probably) its final configuration. Changes include Minion 2.35 tires, Race Face Atlas bar and stem, and a Reverb post. This is the most versatile, fun bike I have owned.

That's impressively light. How do you like your reverb?

Buy my DEMO!
http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=30958

April 3, 2011, 8:47 p.m.

Very nice… you might want to consider running the Reverb remote under the bar on the left… its uber fragile and very exposed where it is now… I busted mine and there are currently no spare parts available from SRAM for the Reverb Xloc remote. However, you can fix it with standard Xloc parts and some ingenuity.

April 6, 2011, 10:25 p.m.

So here is my re-finished Remedy. I loved the way that the bike rode but was wanting it to look hot again. This is a 2008 frame that was originally the multi-tone orange. I decided that I would get the frame repainted and go for a stealth look. I had the frame repainted by Toxic Harald and it's a metallic gunmetal under a matt clearcoat, with the chain stays left in bare brushed aluminium. Add a smattering of new parts and there we go. The paint looks awesome in the sun, the metal flake picking up the light. I'm really happy with how the bike looks now.

Well I know it's a faux-pas to not have a scale shot, but when I weighed it in Steed is came in at 30.4lbs. Honest. That's with 1.5ply 2.4" Schwalbe tires.

I also checked out the head angle as I'm running a 160mm fork and it comes in at 67deg static.

Build highlights are;

Fox 36 Talas RLC
RF SixC cranks
ENVE DH Carbon bar trimmed to 29"
Sram XO
Hope Hubs
XTR trail pedals

Jon-boy.