NSMB - 2010 Light AM/FR bike build off 5-7"

Dec. 19, 2010, 1:48 p.m.

Unbelievable bike. Climbed from Lynn Valley mall today from my buddy's house up through Princess Park under the powerlines and kept up with my buddy who was on his hardtail and is a very strong rider and climber. Continued on up the Dempsey and along the Baden up to Bobsled. Made our way to Ladies and was blown away that I hadn't completely died on the climbs. My fitness is ok but the bike was such an great climber I forgot I was on a 6" bike. Descending on Ladies was a blast, super confident! Norco has hit the mark with this bike and I feel is now in the realm of the top echelon of "all-mountain" bikes from Santa Cruz, Trek, Giant and Specialized.

Here's some more photos post ride and clean.

Now all I need is my Reverb to come to make it complete:)

Shed head!

Dec. 19, 2010, 3:06 p.m.

So, my bike is a porker.

But there's a Ti spring on the way, and I'm enjoying it more than ever! Even with the snow.

Dec. 19, 2010, 5:37 p.m.

^^^^^^Nice bike pete, you ever try climbing on that thing? How is it?

Shed head!

Dec. 20, 2010, 3:18 a.m.

In it's current configuration I haven't climbed anything more than a slightly angled road on it. But I did a little when I first got it and had the right drivetrain. It climbs surprisingly well, very little feedback and the back end is really stiff so there's little wasted effort. The problem is I'm a short ass and I can't get an adustable seatpost on it as they're too long. For taller riders this should be fine, and the larger frames also gain a longer seattube with an extra support.

Dec. 20, 2010, 7:19 a.m.

In it's current configuration I haven't climbed anything more than a slightly angled road on it. But I did a little when I first got it and had the right drivetrain. It climbs surprisingly well, very little feedback and the back end is really stiff so there's little wasted effort. The problem is I'm a short ass and I can't get an adustable seatpost on it as they're too long. For taller riders this should be fine, and the larger frames also gain a longer seattube with an extra support.

You're at 99 posts!

1 more…

How are things back home? Looks snowier than usual - heard stories of cars being snowed into the Heathrow parking lots?

Dec. 20, 2010, 8:19 a.m.

I can only see two tyres and a saddle.

I bet that totally owns Haughmond Hill!

treezz
wow you are a ass

Dec. 20, 2010, 8:34 a.m.

It's no Canadian snow for sure. Even if the British try to make it out to be apocalyptic! Maybe 2-3 inches and we're hovering around minus 7 degrees down here. You can still drive anywhere you want.

:) Haughmond hill! They're turning that into a lake, which will give the regular dogging crew up there a nice scenic view and the kids from the nearby estate won't be able to set it on fire!

100 posts will surely make me ride faster, right?

Dec. 20, 2010, 10:18 a.m.

awesome bike pete

this might not be the right place to bring this up but anyhow, when I see builds with the sixc bars on here and on the fanatik bikes site the rise of the bars looks alot more apparent then when I look at my own sixc bars on my bike…

did I tilt them too much (front or back), do you guys have any advice on setting up the bars so that I get the maximum rise out of it?

Dec. 20, 2010, 7:15 p.m.

Just a curious question because one of these frames is on the way for me:clap:

Shed head!

Dec. 21, 2010, 7:14 a.m.

You are pretty close to becoming a total bike whore:)

Dec. 21, 2010, 3:58 p.m.

You are pretty close to becoming a total bike whore:)

Oh I think he's already totally there. But I mean that in the nicest possible way.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Dec. 21, 2010, 5:02 p.m.

I'm a whore and proud of it;) Makes me feel like I'm joining the world of gentlemen. Watch this commercial and insert Intense where needed…….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoQXao7Zjpg

Shed head!

Dec. 21, 2010, 5:18 p.m.

I'm a whore and proud of it;) Makes me feel like I'm joining the world of gentlemen. Watch this commercial and insert Intense where needed…….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoQXao7Zjpg

That made me smile.

You and Bryan should make your own commercial modeled after that one. :agree:

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Dec. 21, 2010, 5:24 p.m.

I think DaveM started that one last year….
It's what has had JCL hating for so long now.

Dec. 21, 2010, 5:25 p.m.

The wife and I had our SS's(she has the II) out at the woodlot the other day….such fun bikes.

Wife's bike