NSMB - 2010 Light AM/FR bike build off 5-7"

June 10, 2010, 10:02 a.m.

^^and that was his (All Show - No Go) bike!!!

FYP.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

June 10, 2010, 12:12 p.m.

FYP.

niggawut?

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

June 10, 2010, 12:35 p.m.

FYP.

PYP (Pffffft your post)

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

June 10, 2010, 7:14 p.m.

niggawut?

You guys missed my point. That is a sick sick picture.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

June 11, 2010, 8:03 a.m.

Figured i'd post a quick review of the 2010 reign xo i've been riding.

This bike freaking rocks! At 30.9 lbs(I posted the scale shot earlier) she climbs like a goat. I rode a reign x1 all last year and the 5 lbs weight difference on the x0 is huge. The 24/34 front ring combo took some time to get used to but I found the bike works best in granny. It will tractor over roots and rocks with no effort.

When she is pointd down the ride gets even better. The 36 took a bit of tuning to get the high/low speed dampening dialed but I think I found the sweet spot where it is plush at speed but does not dive when riding slow tech sections. One or two clicks on the adjusters really makes a difference. I have made a few mistakes on big hits and the fork took it like a champ and kept tracking straight.

The dhx air is ok but it lacks the plushness I would like when things get choppy. The back end works well on the big hits and is stiff enough to allow you to really dive into corners with confidence.

I was leary about the small rotors but they have tons of stopping power. I have been running hayes brakes since 2000 and the avids are in another world. They are in need of a bleed though as the last run I did(top to bottom 2500'ish) the levers were at the bars when I hit the bottom.

The chain guide is really annoying, the bottom roller hangs up and does not spin after a few kms no matter what lube I use on it. I removed it for my xc night and the difference in pedal efficiency was noticable.

Kenda tires are pretty good when things are wet but are a bit sketchy in our desert like terrain. 1 pinch flat so far on a high speed drop to root section so they may or may not stay on the bike.

This is a true do all bike. I ride it on weekly xc put the hammer down rides and pedal up the local mtns to rip the dh trails. It is the first bike I have owned that makes me want to ride it every day, all day if I had the time.

I now have 300km on it and a goal of 1000km for the season.

June 11, 2010, 12:36 p.m.

Do you guys know of anyone running a Trance X as their do-it-all bike, from long XC to extreme DH, albeit slower speeds on the DH side? I heard a few saying on MTBR that several Northshore/Whistler riders are running Trance Xs all AMed out. I had to sell my V10 a while back and now want to get back into DHing. If for real on the claims, I'm curious what type of builds are being ran on the TX and to what extreme of terrain they're able to deal with regularly without breaking. I live about 15 min. from Windrock, which is well known in the southeastern part of the US for its extreme DH terrain.

The reason I'm asking you guys is because, you all know what's up, in terms of seriously technical terrain, given the freeride/dh wonderland around the Whistler area and BC for that matter.

I may be asking too much out of my TX, but maybe not, as I've heard stories of others pushing the envelope on them with the right build.

A sort of local friend rode at Whistler and said that Windrock's terrain is on par with it's most technical offerings, as a reference point.

June 11, 2010, 2 p.m.

One of our crew rides a trance x with a 15 mm fox 32 and he is not keen on ripping dh trails on it, he is an ex dh pro. He still rides the Glory.

Another one of the crew is riding a reign 0 with a 36 and he sold his dh bike after a few runs on the 0.

I think the Trance is a little steep in the h/angle to feel comfortable at speed, but it could be done.

June 11, 2010, 2:56 p.m.

One of our crew rides a trance x with a 15 mm fox 32 and he is not keen on ripping dh trails on it, he is an ex dh pro. He still rides the Glory.

Another one of the crew is riding a reign 0 with a 36 and he sold his dh bike after a few runs on the 0.

I think the Trance is a little steep in the h/angle to feel comfortable at speed, but it could be done.

Very helpful info. here man! Thanks!

The one in your crew rocking the Reign 0, is it the regular Reign or the X?

June 12, 2010, 6:06 a.m.

It's a 6" travel reign.

June 13, 2010, 11 p.m.

Agh. I want a new bike but no idea what to build up.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 15, 2010, 10:54 a.m.

My wife's new ride: Rocky Mountain Altitude 30 new shiny bits…

June 15, 2010, 1:08 p.m.

31 1/2# with coil shock, and nearly 1000g each 1.5 ply UST rubber.

June 15, 2010, 1:14 p.m.

^nice. i could learn to live with something like this.

June 15, 2010, 1:16 p.m.

Start collecting empties.

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

June 15, 2010, 1:38 p.m.

Nice looking handbuilt wheels ;)