Not so baggy - baggy shorts

June 21, 2017, 3:09 p.m.

How skinny are you?

A few I've had good luck with, that might match your needs:

Giro Truant. Here's my review: https://nsmb.com/articles/giro-head-toe/

Specialized - pretty much all of their shorts (Atlas, Enduro, and Demo) will fit the bill. Their stuff fits well and is quite durable.

I would recommend the Race Face Stage shorts but they'll be similar to the Triggers that you already have and feel are too baggy.

Sombrio are not gone - they were purchased by Dorel, the same company that owns Sugoi, as well as Cannondale, GT, and Mongoose.

June 21, 2017, 4:57 p.m.

The truant looks interesting; I like the multipurpose-ness.  You wouldn't happen to have any shots of them on somebody, would ya?  Kinda hard to tell the fit from just seeing them, and stock photos make everything look photo-shop perfect which is misleading. 

I'm a pretty skinny dude (5'7", 32 waste), so fit can be a PITA for me sometimes.

June 23, 2017, 6:53 p.m.

I rock some Zoic shorts and they're awesome. Super comfy and not too baggy.

July 9, 2017, 7:29 a.m.

Have Fox Rangers, definitely too loose and baggy.

July 11, 2017, 12:27 p.m.

I'm also in the tall and skinny (6', 31/32") camp.  I've considered the Triggers because I like having proper hand pockets and at least one thigh pocket, but they did seem too loose on me.  Still searching.

July 11, 2017, 2:39 p.m.

Posted by: Ninjatarian

The truant looks interesting; I like the multipurpose-ness.  You wouldn't happen to have any shots of them on somebody, would ya?  Kinda hard to tell the fit from just seeing them, and stock photos make everything look photo-shop perfect which is misleading. 

I'm a pretty skinny dude (5'7", 32 waste), so fit can be a PITA for me sometimes.

I'm a similar size but I tend to find that length is more my issue. Shorts all seem to be for guys 6' plus. I've had good luck with Sombrio. My neighbor also gave me a pair of the Troy Lee Terrain shorts that were too thin in the legs for him. They are a 36" (I'm usually a 32") but sinch in the elastic and they fit well. Can't imagine who they are actually designed for.

July 11, 2017, 3:16 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

I found a set of Sombrio clipse half price when the LBS went under, slimmer cut for sure, big patch of velcro at the snap closure, 2 zipper back pockets

https://www.amazon.com/Sombrio-Clipse-Mountain-Bike-Shorts/dp/B00G7YA8YG

I thot Sombrio had gone tits up?

had a chance to ride these and they are the only short that has really stayed up on my skinny ass probably due to the shoes lace draw string you can add

July 19, 2017, 12:41 p.m.

Posted by: Ninjatarian

Sorry, I forgot to check back. I'm wearing them in all of the photos in this review: https://nsmb.com/articles/rocky-mountain-thunderbolt/  . The first few photos are Andrew, but scroll down and there are a few from different angles that you may find useful. I'm 6' 1", 200 (195 sometimes) with a short-ish 32" inseam and long torso.

July 21, 2017, 10:27 a.m.

The new Chromag tech shorts look good. Saw them at Lynn Valley.