Norcos Warrenty policies

Feb. 23, 2005, 8:59 p.m.

About a week ago i noticed a 1 inch crack on the bottom of the down tube on my 2002 norco drop. The crack is right on the edge of the weld for the cable guides. I called my bike shop and they got in touch with norco who told me to send the frame in ($20 shipping) and they'll take a look at it and send me a 2005 atomik frame. The problem is my shock and hub won't fit the new frame so now they want me to pay 200 bucks for a new shock (which is a good deal for the new shock, but still) and i have to buy a new hub and get my wheel built up again. The bike shop gave me an estimate of $500. FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS to get my frame warrentied. Why should I be paying that much money for a bike that is supposed to be covered incase of breakage? An added kick in the pants is that i just spent $150 getting my shock rebuilt after that crapped out. Why am I getting stuck with the bill even though it would be a manufacturers defect and there fore their fault?

Feb. 23, 2005, 9:37 p.m.

take it to another bike shop that carries norco amd see what deal u can get with them….u shouldnt have to pay for n e thing except the shock unless ur doing crash replacement

www.thecoastalcrew.com

Feb. 23, 2005, 9:39 p.m.

first off the fact the shop made you pay shipping astonds me…i was told by one shop that the shop gets re-embersed for shipping charges on warrenty things so never pay shipping…i dont get how it ads up $500 though, 200 for shock, whata re they giving you a hadley hub?

Feb. 23, 2005, 10:10 p.m.

Norco is really good with warranty. I just got my 2003 aline warrantied, and they gave me a 2005 aline with a fow dhx 3. i had to pay $200 for the shock, so it was a good deal.

$300 for a new hub and wheel build your getting ripped off, you can get a complete wheel for way less than that. I say find a different shop.

Feb. 24, 2005, 7:43 a.m.

i hope they don't give me a 2005 4by if mine breaks :mad: i want a six:thepimp:

when my front hayes caliper split in two pieces, my lbs sent it away and bled it, for free:D how good is that? free pads too:)

bikes:
04 norco 4by w/ 05 sherman firefly :(
07 KTM 144sx :)

I like to throw up prior to dropping into a-line. I find it makes jumping easier.

Feb. 24, 2005, 7:49 a.m.

different shop, you are being ripped off, or contact the warrenty guya t norco and ask him about the situation..just say your shop wont give you a stright answer and you want one

Feb. 24, 2005, 7:49 a.m.

paying shipping is normal.

but it does seem like you are getting a slightly raw deal. i don't think you should be paying for the new shock, that should come with the new frames as a unit on warranty.

but, if Norco has no frames with 135mm hubs and you have to upgrade, they don't owe you anything here. a new 150mm frame is a lot better than the other options they could have given you… like nothing. and don't buy a new wheel at your LBS if you can help it… call around and check places like OverTime and the used market…

Feb. 24, 2005, 7:51 a.m.

Originally posted by statix
paying shipping is normal.

I have never payed shipping and as i was told you shouldnt have to

Feb. 24, 2005, 7:58 a.m.

well, not every LBS covers it. you do realize that the LBS pays for shipping and not the manufacturer? it's going to vary at each LBS… and around here it is "normal".

Feb. 24, 2005, 9:20 a.m.

ya that ain't right.. norco should cover you

Feb. 24, 2005, 9:34 a.m.

Originally posted by GRIZZ
first off the fact the shop made you pay shipping astonds me…i was told by one shop that the shop gets re-embersed for shipping charges on warrenty things so never pay shipping…i dont get how it ads up $500 though, 200 for shock, whata re they giving you a hadley hub?

With all warranties in the sporting goods business that I have dealt with, the shop has to pay the shipping to return the potentially defective product to the manufacturer or distributor, the return shipping is then covered by the manufacurer/distributor. It is the shops right to charge the consumer for the shipping if they wish, and also good business to do so, as a retailer, you could get stuck shipping back all sorts of product that is not a justifiable warranty claim, these expenses add up. Be thankful they told you up front what the costs woudl be, it will save you a bunch of hassel.

Feb. 24, 2005, 9:43 a.m.

if you don't like having to buy a new shock, you could always just have them send you the same old frame you already had…

your old frame is 3 years old - you're getting a new bike for $200 plus an upgraded wheel. I wouldn't sweat it - that's cheap for a new bike that's gonna last you another 3 years…

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Feb. 24, 2005, 9:44 a.m.

Originally posted by statix
well, not every LBS covers it. you do realize that the LBS pays for shipping and not the manufacturer? it's going to vary at each LBS… and around here it is "normal".

ok sorry, they told me that they get re-embersed for the hipping fees frok the company it is getting sent into…w.e

Feb. 24, 2005, 9:47 a.m.

If the bike was bought at the shop that's sending it in, they should and usually do pay the shipping. But if you didn't buy it there, what do they owe you? Nothing. Except that they are a Norco dealer and will assist you with your warranty claim.

I'd like to think manufacturers should be 100% responsible for keeping us rolling. If they can't replace our frames as they were originally purchased…their problem.
BUT…I can see where they are gonna draw the line.

Feb. 24, 2005, 9:53 a.m.

btw…..check into the geometry of the new frame vs your 02 Drop on the website. There are two quite different geo setups depending on which frame and what yr model. The toptube # to be specific.