Norco Aurum?

Sept. 24, 2012, 8:54 p.m.

I've seen some good reviews on the Aurum. Anyone ridden one care to offer up some opinions how how it rides compared with some of the other popular dh bikes? Have seen some deals on the Aurum 2, but not sure if it such a good idea to jump in on a first year production bike. Also the X-fusion shock it's specd with, what's the verdict on it?

Sept. 24, 2012, 10:51 p.m.

I've seen some good reviews on the Aurum. Anyone ridden one care to offer up some opinions how how it rides compared with some of the other popular dh bikes? Have seen some deals on the Aurum 2, but not sure if it such a good idea to jump in on a first year production bike. Also the X-fusion shock it's specd with, what's the verdict on it?

not the first year of production brah

Sept. 25, 2012, 7:56 a.m.

not the first year of production brah

umm the 2012's were the first year for the Aurum, Brah…..just sayin.

Sept. 25, 2012, 8:22 a.m.

I loved mine - i have another on order for 2013 - but mine is the higher spec frame with the Cane Creek so i can't comment much on the X Fusion shock specifically.

I have ridden in the last 5 years:

Norco Team DH
Specialized Demo 7
Specialized Demo 8
Kona Operator Supreme
Norco Aurum LE

I think the Aurum is definitely the pick of the bunch - i haven't owned one of the new Demos, but i think you are unlikely to get into one of those at the price of an Aurum 2.

Light enough to feel happy flicking it about, stable enough to feel like i had got out of my depth a couple of times when initially riding it 12 months ago.

Re: X Fusion - i think they are a company clearly on the rise and i plan on running one of their forks next year, so i would be happy to jump on a bike with one of their rear shocks. Companys who are working hard to gain ground are much more incentivised to try hard to fix customer issues IMO.

Here's a review i did.

Disclaimer - i obviously work for a Norco dealer, so heap however many grains of salt you feel like in with what i've said. That being said, i could also run Santa Cruz, Specialized, Kona, Pivot or Cannondale.

Sept. 26, 2012, 8:16 p.m.

Here's a review i did.

Thanks for the info [HTML_REMOVED] review, it was most helpful.