Nomad C or Mojo HDR - Discuss!

June 26, 2013, 10:46 a.m.

This is bang-on imho:
http://www.nsmb.com/5273-push-industries-nomad-upper-link/

I ride my NomadC everywhere but WBP. I was underwhelmed by the stock suspension with the factory RP23 and stock linkage. I switched to a coil shock, Push linkage, and slackened the HA by 1 degree. Feels amazing now, very plush on small stuff/low speed but ramps up like crazy for bigger hits/higher speeds. SA is a touch slack but manageable.

P.S. I went through the same steps as the article's author. I found I needed both the coil shock [HTML_REMOVED] Push linkage, the switch to coil wasn't enough by itself.

June 26, 2013, 11:21 a.m.

I went from a Remedy 7 26er to a Remedy 9 29er this year. If you like your Remedy, you'll most likely like the 29er version as well. Wagon wheels are good times!

June 26, 2013, 12:30 p.m.

At 6'4" I'm very leery of the wagon wheel experience.

June 26, 2013, 11:47 p.m.

Get the Nomad. Carbon meh, save your money.

diggin

June 27, 2013, 8:28 a.m.

I'm also on my third season with the Mojo HD. It's an awesome bike and while the latest improvements on the HDR aren't enough of a reason to upgrade, I do think that they give it the edge over the current Nomad C (although I suspect SC will upgrade the Nomad soon enough). But really they're both great and you'll probably love either one.

Consensus among my crew (a couple of us have Mojos, one other has a Nomad C) is that the Mojo has slightly better pedaling dynamics while the Nomad has a slightly more cushy mini-DH bike feel. Both can rip on the downhill regardless, both can climb quite well. One thing I like about the DW-Link on the Mojo is that I no longer feel the need to run any platform on my shock. Get the air pressure right in the can and then just forget about it. My experience with SC VPP (on a Blur LT) is that a little platform for climbing is nice.

I run a 160/120 Talas on mine and it climbs like a goat with the fork dropped. In 160mm, I can climb pretty much anything but the steepest walls although that does require me to get a aggressive over the bars given my 50mm stem. I've heard similar things about the Nomad.

Some interesting points about the seat angle… hasn't been an issue for me but I'm 5'9" running a medium so I probably don't get much of the angle pushing the saddle back. I could see it being an issue if you're tall or on an undersized frame.

June 27, 2013, 10:34 a.m.

I've only seen 1 XL Nomad and the seat tube looked anything but slack.

As I'd be running a 120mm/160mm Talas 36 on the front I think I'd be well forked.

The consensus seems to be the HDR is a bit better when pedaling and the Nomad is a bit better when you point it down.

I assume that both bikes are equally stiff when it comes to lateral flex?

June 27, 2013, 11:44 a.m.

Out of your choices I would go with the Ibis, there's just something I don't like about the Nomad.

You may also want to consider a Transition Covert carbon (or alu). I have only heard great things and after only a brief test ride I have one waiting to be built…

June 27, 2013, 1:16 p.m.

I absolutely love the ride of my XL NomadC because of the amazing torsional stiffness and the pedal up and bomb down suspension but find it a tad too short in reach (6'5" with a tall upper body). I'm debating what to get into next because there aren't all that many options in bigger AM bikes.

BTW, the seat tube is slackish but nothing like a Knolly so it is pretty easy to get a decent climbing position with a no-offset post and a Talas fork.

June 27, 2013, 2:04 p.m.

I'd run a Bronson with 26".

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

June 27, 2013, 2:09 p.m.

At 6ft and 36.6 inch inseam I can't ride anything slacker than 74degrees STA comfortably.
I have to move the saddle forward with a strait seatpost.

But my shins are really long. Odd proportions.
The Enduro with a non setback post is perfect for me.
I'd prefer to ride a Santa Cruz, but they just don't work for me personally.

No problem though. Enough choice for everyone nowadays.

June 27, 2013, 5:05 p.m.

At 6ft and 36.6 inch inseam I can't ride anything slacker than 74degrees STA comfortably.
I have to move the saddle forward with a strait seatpost.

But my shins are really long. Odd proportions.
The Enduro with a non setback post is perfect for me.
I'd prefer to ride a Santa Cruz, but they just don't work for me personally.

No problem though. Enough choice for everyone nowadays.

Yeah it ain't your inseam but the femur tibia proportion. I am the opposite, long femurs so I like a slacker seat angle. My inseam is 31 and I am under 5'5" now. I shrunk which partially explains the back issues, compressed and shrunk discs. My small Nomad fits me with 90mm stem and flat bar. Probably in hindsight should have gotten the medium which has the same standover and head tube length but the extra length would allow a short stem. Anyone want to swap medium for small Nomad Carbon? ?

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

June 27, 2013, 10:37 p.m.

I'm the fool who went thru 3 frames this past fall to present .
Let me just say if I would have started with the Nomad Carbon …. I'd be no fool

June 27, 2013, 10:41 p.m.

I'm the fool who went thru 3 frames this past fall to present .
Let me just say if I would have started with the Nomad Carbon …. I'd be no fool

Did you have the Yeti and Knolly, or was that someone else?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 27, 2013, 10:58 p.m.

Yes, the knolly was rad but I've been bitten by the carbon bug so I couldnt return to the Chilly… Almost did.
TheYeti got me hooked on carbon but (personally) felt quite overwhelmed on Shore type trails
…… In the end …finally evolving to a Carbon Nomad which seems to be the total package ….at least for me

Gotta love 2013 so many options, maybe too many

June 28, 2013, 1:57 p.m.

I'd run a Bronson with 26".

premium $$$$ for those I hear

I use my Nomad C as a park/DH bike - Totem, Angleset, offset bushings, 1x10. Its a pretty different application so I don't think I have much advice to offer. But ask away if any of that piques your interest

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40