Night riding light brand/model recommendations

March 3, 2021, 7:30 p.m.

I think you’re talking to a bot 🤖

March 3, 2021, 9:58 p.m.

You are right I think.

Here is their other post; what? I don't get bots. Are they just for fun? What's the deal with insane pointless posts?

"I also had such a situation and got scared a lot. In general, I am not a fan of modern technologies but it is clear that they are very useful and make life much easier. For example, I have many appliances in the kitchen that help me a lot. One of them is the grill for the apartment balcony from https://www.thewindupspace.com/best-over-the-range-microwave-convection-oven-combo/ which saves me time and makes the taste amazing. Many times when I had guests I used this grill and everyone was delighted with what was received. I'm glad we're in the twenty-first century and we have such technologies."

March 3, 2021, 10:15 p.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

You are right I think.

Here is their other post; what? I don't get bots. Are they just for fun? What's the deal with insane pointless posts?

"I also had such a situation and got scared a lot. In general, I am not a fan of modern technologies but it is clear that they are very useful and make life much easier. For example, I have many appliances in the kitchen that help me a lot. One of them is the grill for the apartment balcony from https://www.thewindupspace.com/best-over-the-range-microwave-convection-oven-combo/ which saves me time and makes the taste amazing. Many times when I had guests I used this grill and everyone was delighted with what was received. I'm glad we're in the twenty-first century and we have such technologies."

Bots are there to basically post spam. The newer generation are "smarter" and engage in a way that seems like a real person and then they slip in their advertising in the form of a link to some website that either tries to mine your data or separate you from your wallet. Think of it like a virus that disguises itself to your your immune system by appearing to be something harmless or like some sort of normal bacteria that is supposed to be there and then it goes to work to take what it needs from you.

March 4, 2021, 11:30 a.m.

I think they use forums to train them too. 

Super curious how one would act after a couple weeks in NBR...

Jan. 24, 2022, 8:01 a.m.

Hi all! Does anyone here use a Fenix BC30 (v1 or v2) ? It seems well priced, it is made of aluminium and I like the fact that it uses 18650 batteries and has a remote. I'm wondering if it's durable or if anyone has something to say about it. The Lezyne batteries in my MegaDrive are getting shorter run times and I an't find new ones anymore. Also, they don't make a 35mm clamp mount for those older models so I had to use a handlebar extension bracket to install the regular clamp mount on my bike, which I don't find ideal. Thanks for any input!

Last edited by: martin on Feb. 4, 2022, 5:35 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 27, 2022, 10:20 a.m.

I like my Serfas True MTB 750 & 1300. I also have the Outbound Hangover, but I think both Serfas lights have more lumens and a beam pattern that better illuminates trail features. The Serfas lights also have field swap-able rechargeable batteries, so they light doesn't become landfill garbage when the internal battery wears out. And you can carry a spare and ride longer.

Jan. 27, 2022, 9 p.m.

Thans for the recommendations, I'll check those out. That's what I liked about the old Lezyne that I have : you can use a rechargeable 18650 battery in the SuperDrives that are easy to find so the light can keep on going for many years. My batteries and lights are around 10 years old so I got a few new 18650 last year. The MegaDrive uses a pack of 2 x 18650 but they are soldered into a wrap and I'm not confident enough to replace those!

Feb. 4, 2022, 1:13 a.m.

I'm using Fenix BC30R. Also, I have a small pocketable Fenix flashlight to carry as an EDC. Even, whenever at the roadside or adventure side.

Feb. 10, 2022, 11:12 p.m.

My trusty Dinotte is acting up so now I’m in the market for a new bar light (to complement my helmet spot).  Does anyone have hands on experience between the outbound trail vs the gloworm xs?

Feb. 11, 2022, 5:02 a.m.

Posted by: Useless

My trusty Dinotte is acting up so now I’m in the market for a new bar light (to complement my helmet spot).  Does anyone have hands on experience between the outbound trail vs the gloworm xs?

I haven't used the Gloworm, but I've been using the Outbound Trail Evo since it came out and have been nothing but impressed. Good battery life, very wide beam and it seems well-built. I've killed one Hangover and the warranty response was very quick.

Feb. 14, 2022, 9:32 a.m.

I've got one word for you. Go-Pro Mounts.
I have the outbound hangover and what's now called the Road Edition. Both have go-pro interfaces and the glue on mounts are so easy to set up that it was a no brainer.
I have one on each helmet and a garmin out-front mount on the bars. All I have to do is snap the lights into the mounts and I'm ready.

Feb. 15, 2022, 2:16 p.m.

+1 to that.

And Amazon has all kinds of Go-Pro mounts, no need to shell out $50 or whatever for a K-Edge handlebar mount.  Last ones I got were $3.