New to clipless

April 14, 2015, 6:42 a.m.

Don't ever start learning how to ride clipped in on the street. You will inevitably fall over at the first busy intersection, while everyone laughs at you. Don't ask me how I know this.

April 14, 2015, 10:18 a.m.

I taught an ex ski instructor to ride clipless, she equated it with teaching newbies to put their skis on for the 1st time, she had no problems after a quick lesson and really SPD's are just like ski bindings IMO

yeah I fell over on spd's cuz they came set to 9 clicks so I set them back to 3 which I find good for newbies, I seem to end up running 5 or 6, if you don't move your ankle side to side you stay in the pedal no matter how many clicks you set the screw to

For MY knees I usually run the side to side float so I encounter resistance about 1" from the crank arm but YMMV, after getting the cleats where I want in the middle of the range of float and test riding my adj, I loctite the screws and crank them down HARD cuz I have had cleats loosen off so I was stuck in the pedal, only way to get out of the pedal was lay on the ground and take the shoe off

April 14, 2015, 7:04 p.m.

Don't ever start learning how to ride clipped in on the street. You will inevitably fall over at the first busy intersection, while everyone laughs at you. Don't ask me how I know this.

willington and hasting for me fell right over with a swagman trailer on the back out for a ride with the wife and kid LOL note to self back off spring tension and tighten cleats properly LOL

#northsidetrailbuilders

April 17, 2015, 9:09 p.m.

I'm a fan of clipless. I have 2 pairs of M545 and 2 pairs of M647.

This is the cheapest place I've found for Shimano clipless, cheaper than used.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/pp/mtb-bmx-bike/pedals-mtb/pedm

April 18, 2015, 10:37 a.m.

I've been clipped in for about 8 months now after a lifetime on flats.

As a flappy footed rider who took his feet off the pedals all the time, it's taken me quite a while to make the change. I've admitted defeat a couple of times and put the flats back on, but i'm back on the clips again.

I've been using Shimano Trail pedals [HTML_REMOVED] some 5-10 Maltese Falcon LT's. The shoes are great, the pedals I think I could do with a bit more platform on, for those moments its not ideal to get clipped back in. I may try some Mallets with the pins wound right back next. Overall though I think I enjoy it more, having going through the period of pain of really struggling with either.

Blur 4X - Sunday Factory.

April 19, 2015, 9:13 a.m.

m?t ngày t?t lành, anh ch? nào up dùm ?? link l?i cho mình nhé , thanks

www.dinhvichiakhoa.com giúp b?n tìm chìa khóa ch? b?ng ti?ng v? tay bán kính lên ??n 15m

April 21, 2015, 7:54 p.m.

I'm back on clipless. I want to get more comfortable on techy stuff with it. I do prefer the feeling of being connected to the bike in most scenarios. I like flats too though. Nothing wrong with switching back and forth. Probably make me better in the long run.

Wrong. Always.

June 29, 2015, 11:12 a.m.

And now I'm back on flats. Honestly I can make either work but I'm probably more aggressive and having a bit more fun on the flats. But for a long climb the clipless makes me smile. :idea:

Wrong. Always.

June 29, 2015, 8:41 p.m.

so far i am enjoying clipless again rode Vedder 2 weeks before the race and said no way would i be comfortable clipped in gave it another go a week before and was still debating it , race i said the hell with it and ran them and was glad i did .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Aug. 10, 2015, 12:54 p.m.

Well I never!! :mad:

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 11, 2015, 10:18 a.m.

Well that's just like, your opinion man

Aug. 11, 2015, 10:36 a.m.

I hope he gets an infraction warning from Cam over that. That kind of foul language just makes my skin crawl.

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 27, 2015, 10:18 a.m.

Anyone tried iSSi pedals: http://rideissi.com/

Lot's of colourways and apparently cheaper/lighter than Shimano XT M780s.

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

Oct. 27, 2015, 5:43 p.m.

Hm, those are neat. I like the color options. How do they compare in price to comparable shimanos?

I ride bikes, when I can.

Oct. 27, 2015, 6:05 p.m.

Anyone tried iSSi pedals: http://rideissi.com/

Lot's of colourways and apparently cheaper/lighter than Shimano XT M780s.

No.

You probably get wet when new flat pedal articles are posted on pinkbike don't you?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.