New seat dropper.

Aug. 11, 2020, 12:21 p.m.

My biggest issue with the reverb was that when I rode in cold weather the dropper would malfunction. Friends also had same problem. I know I have seen a thread on this issue in the past.

Aug. 11, 2020, 12:32 p.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

My biggest issue with the reverb was that when I rode in cold weather the dropper would malfunction. Friends also had same problem. I know I have seen a thread on this issue in the past.

My last reverb (B2) had the Wolftooth reMote installed. It's a cheap fix. If this one develops the same cold weather issue, I'll swap the system from hydraulic to cable. it's a 2 beer home mechanic job.

Aug. 11, 2020, 1:30 p.m.

Im not sure i'd consider $100US for the Wolftooth a 'cheap' fix for a $400 post. I see the new Reverb finally has a vent valve, but you have to take the seat off and use a special tool to reset it?

Last edited by: shoreboy on Aug. 11, 2020, 1:32 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Aug. 11, 2020, 2:55 p.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

Im not sure i'd consider $100US for the Wolftooth a 'cheap' fix for a $400 post. I see the new Reverb finally has a vent valve, but you have to take the seat off and use a special tool to reset it?

The conversion kit from WolfTooth is actually ~40 once you factor out the lever price, which to be fair, you'd need for any other post and is included with the Reverb.

As for venting, you can buy the $13 branded tool, you can do it with a 9mm thin-walled socket. From the NSMB review "Taking a page out of BikeYoke's book, the new Reverb incorporates a 'Vent Valve' to allow you to release any air that makes it into the oil side of your IFP. This is a quick job that involves removing your saddle, the valve cap and then depressing the saddle and actuating the Vent Valve. Reverb AXS also incorporates this feature but the release is at the bottom of the post so you can leave your saddle bolted in place."

Aug. 11, 2020, 5:51 p.m.

Posted by: velocipedestrian

Yeah, I've seen that, thanks (and just added my question there too). They don't list tilt angle in their comparison.

Couldn't find this info anywhere,so took the punt. 

Can confirm that OneUp has significantly more range of forward tilt available than a Giant Contact, phew! 

Haven't ridden the post yet, but from test sitting after fitting in the workshop, it looks like I'll have 0-10mm remaining stack over the full 210mm drop. Quite exited to get my saddle back down as low as I used to before droppers.

Aug. 11, 2020, 6:10 p.m.

Posted by: rnayel

Posted by: shoreboy

The conversion kit from WolfTooth is actually ~40 once you factor out the lever price, which to be fair, you'd need for any other post and is included with the Reverb.

As for venting, you can buy the $13 branded tool, you can do it with a 9mm thin-walled socket. From the NSMB review "Taking a page out of BikeYoke's book, the new Reverb incorporates a 'Vent Valve' to allow you to release any air that makes it into the oil side of your IFP. This is a quick job that involves removing your saddle, the valve cap and then depressing the saddle and actuating the Vent Valve. Reverb AXS also incorporates this feature but the release is at the bottom of the post so you can leave your saddle bolted in place."

They make you pay for the tool as well? Wow. You are able to buy just the conversion portion from Wolftooth for $40? Everywhere I have seen it comes with the lever as a kit. Ill be interested to hear how often you have to 'revive' your Reverb. Im on my third season with my BikeYoke with zero revives required so far. Revives require a 4mm allen wrench, and can be done with the saddle and seat post in place.

I just went back and read the review, and forgot I had posted my rant there in the comments :). Hope it works out well for you and is an improvement over the older Reverbs.

Last edited by: shoreboy on Aug. 11, 2020, 6:25 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Aug. 11, 2020, 8:26 p.m.

^Next Dropper will be a BikeYoke Revive. 

Saying that it’s nice to have an actual functioning Dropper now that I rebuilt my 9.8

Aug. 25, 2020, 4:16 p.m.

What’s the opinion on shimming a dropper post?

Frame I’m looking to acquire has a 34.9mm inner tube. I’d rather not limit myself to that size as it seems to be a few and far between size. Would rather use my 31.6 9.8 or go to a 30.9 Revive. 

Thoughts?

Aug. 25, 2020, 7:04 p.m.

Worked for my Rootdown, zero effect on anything. 

I buy droppers in 30.9 so they can go to any frame.

Jan. 12, 2021, 12:43 p.m.

So, is the Reverb lever a massive upgrade over that awful plunger or should I spend 3hun on a PNW set up?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 12, 2021, 12:57 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

So, is the Reverb lever a massive upgrade over that awful plunger or should I spend 3hun on a PNW set up?

PNW.   

Put down the Reverb and step away.

Jan. 12, 2021, 4:37 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

PNW.   

Yes. If you can just keep using a Reverb as is I get not wanting to spend the $$ on something else, but if you have to spend any serious $$ on a Reverb I'd prefer to get something else.

Jan. 12, 2021, 5:13 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Posted by: tungsten

PNW.   

This.

My PNW since starting this thread has been flawless. Was also super affordable IMO.

Jan. 20, 2021, 8:55 p.m.

So I bought the WolfTooth Sustain Remote for the Reverb. 

Got here so fast I didn't even have time to unlock teh gate wife found it stuffed in mailbox.

Looks dick simple even I can prolly do the install.