New seat dropper.

June 4, 2020, 11:36 a.m.

Posted by: Kenny

Posted by: craw

Posted by: rnayel

If you have coin to spend, get the Bike Yoke Revive.

If you're on a budget, get the OneUp dropper V2.

If you can live with 200mm of drop get the Bike Yoke. It's like a fine swiss watch. Silent and moves really well, user-serviceable - definitely the best post I've ever owned by a huge margin, but max drop is 185. The new Reverb with the updated remote is an improvement over previous versions - bonus for huge range of lengths (up to 200) and sizes (including 34.9). The OneUp is clanky and kind of cheap feeling but it costs less.

Pnw is the answer. Same price as one up, way better action.

215 US dollars with the lever included. Says shipping is free to Canada. Pretty good deal.

June 4, 2020, 11:52 a.m.

If you can live with 200mm of drop get the Bike Yoke. It's like a fine swiss watch. Silent and moves really well, user-serviceable - definitely the best post I've ever owned by a huge margin, but max drop is 185. The new Reverb with the updated remote is an improvement over previous versions - bonus for huge range of lengths (up to 200) and sizes (including 34.9). The OneUp is clanky and kind of cheap feeling but it costs less.

Agreed. I have owned 1 x 9.8, 3 x Reverb, and 2 x PNW posts. The PNWs win hands-down for serviceability, cost and reliability. Their loam lever can't be beat either.

Last edited by: skooks on June 4, 2020, 11:53 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 4, 2020, 10:12 p.m.

no love for 9 Point 8?

June 5, 2020, 5:50 a.m.

Posted by: taprider

no love for 9 Point 8?

I've got two of them the oldest one is 4 years old. They just keep working trouble free. They are also the only quality dropper I am aware of with a 1" setabck head option if you don't get along with really steep STAs on modern bikes. Made in Canada as well, which is nice.

June 5, 2020, 8:05 a.m.

no love for 9 Point 8?

Personally, no.

I've had a warranty "replacement" from the main shop plus a warranty rebuild, and the brake is still slipping, and slow/knotchy return. I've tried all of their tricks on the website and the problem remains. I plan to buy something else and toss this one...I don't think I can re-sell it in good conscience.

I may be the minority, but in all honesty the only good thing about this post is the Wolftooth thumb lever - its awesome.

Granted, its not as unreliable as my old reverb was, so I guess that stands for something. I just want a post that goes up and down when I want it to...maybe I should look at gravity droppers.

Last edited by: Taz123 on June 5, 2020, 8:07 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 5, 2020, 11:23 a.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

215 US dollars with the lever included. Says shipping is free to Canada. Pretty good deal.

Were are you guys seeing these deals on the PNWs?

Which PNW you guys eyeing? Rainier or Bachelor

June 5, 2020, 11:25 a.m.

The OneUp is clanky and kind of cheap feeling but it costs less.

not with he new version that I have

June 5, 2020, 12:22 p.m.

PNW

Discount code

GET10C-4EB5918

June 5, 2020, 2:05 p.m.

9Point8 has the Digit WTC remote free with all posts on sale now. 150mm = $410 delivered.

June 5, 2020, 2:24 p.m.

PNW

Discount code

GET10C-4EB5918

Nice! super cool of you to share- Didnt use it, no idea if its 1 time use only

June 5, 2020, 4:40 p.m.

Posted by: ehfour

PNW

Discount code

GET10C-4EB5918

Nice! super cool of you to share- Didnt use it, no idea if its 1 time use only

No prob doesn't matter will use a different email and get another. When I was filling in my deets the discount code popped up.

I wanna go with oneup because they are local but have nothing I want in stock. So gunna go with our Cascadia brothers south of the border

June 6, 2020, 8:33 p.m.

Posted by: ehfour

Were are you guys seeing these deals on the PNWs?

Which PNW you guys eyeing? Rainier or Bachelor

I have one of each and they are both good. The new Rainier is travel adjustable. Bachelor is lighter, speed adjustable, and more expensive.

June 6, 2020, 8:40 p.m.

no love for 9 Point 8?

Mine was pretty good, but a bit fussy to keep it working well. The brake sometimes slipped and had to be taken apart and cleaned up. Shipping cost for parts was outrageous too. I think there are other brands that are better value/less maintenance these days. PNW and one up are my choices.

June 6, 2020, 9:57 p.m.

Is there a guide on how to take the post apart to clean somewhere?

I agree, shipping and service are super-pricey from them - hence my resistance to just send the post in again.

June 7, 2020, 5:32 a.m.

Posted by: Taz123

Is there a guide on how to take the post apart to clean somewhere?

They have service videos online that I have used to open up the posts for lubrication and total tear downs. I have actually never taken either 9.8 apart to clean it or do anything more ambitious than lubricate it.

https://www.9point8.ca/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=33

Getting oil inside the brake area due to contaminated shock pumps has been an issue for some people leading to the brake slipping. So I'd use a separate shock pump for the 9.8. I keep getting new pumps with each fork and shock so that's not a big deal for me. I haven't had any such issues.

Last edited by: Vikb on June 7, 2020, 5:34 a.m., edited 2 times in total.