New RMX R3 good, left over parts after build bad

May 4, 2005, 2:17 p.m.

I got a couple of left over parts from putting together my RMX R3 that I can't figure out where the heck they go.

Two yellow plastic blocks that say Shimano on them. They look like shipping spacers.

Two cone shaped dust boots for the Saint Hubs, heck if I know how to install them on the hubs as they don't fit nicely to any side.

One last thing are the bikes ready to go out of the box, the assembly seemed pretty easy, almost too easy. Is there anything that I need to do to the forks or shock.

May 4, 2005, 2:25 p.m.

the 2 plastic blocks that say shimano i think are the break stoppers so they dont shut

(\ /)
(O.o) help bunny achieve world domination. sig him.
(> <)

May 4, 2005, 5 p.m.

the 2 plastic blocks that say shimano i think are the break stoppers so they dont shut

They had orange brake stoppers in between the pads.

May 4, 2005, 5:54 p.m.

They had orange brake stoppers in between the pads.

ok nvm then

why didnt u get the shop to put it together for you if you were unshure?

(\ /)
(O.o) help bunny achieve world domination. sig him.
(> <)

May 4, 2005, 6:34 p.m.

Just make sure everythings tight and the only thing those shimano things could be would be a bb spacer perhaps? or its shipping. Just make sure its tight and take it for a bit of parkinglot testing to make sure its all good.

May 4, 2005, 8:19 p.m.

The 2 dust boots will fit over the rotor mount spline on the saint hub if you are using the hub without disc brakes. You will have no need for them. The 2 yellow blocks probably have a groove cut into one side of them. If you need to cut a hydraulic line you put the blocks on either side of the line with the line sitting in the grooves. You can then clamp the line in a vise without crushing it. The blocks are also used when bleeding the brakes. If you remove the brake pads the block will fit in between the pistons and hold them in the fully retracted position. :nerd:

May 5, 2005, 11:48 a.m.

ok nvm then

why didnt u get the shop to put it together for you if you were unshure?

I though it would be a challenge, infact it was pretty easy. RM did a nice job of making the whole thing pretty easy.

May 5, 2005, 3:12 p.m.

The 2 dust boots will fit over the rotor mount spline on the saint hub if you are using the hub without disc brakes. You will have no need for them. The 2 yellow blocks probably have a groove cut into one side of them. If you need to cut a hydraulic line you put the blocks on either side of the line with the line sitting in the grooves. You can then clamp the line in a vise without crushing it. The blocks are also used when bleeding the brakes. If you remove the brake pads the block will fit in between the pistons and hold them in the fully retracted position. :nerd:

This guy is awesome…

https://nsmba.ca/product-category/memberships/

May 5, 2005, 3:28 p.m.

The two yellow blocks enable you to bleed correctly without pads in. Stops contamination.