new hub$$ and future fear

Dec. 11, 2016, 8:43 p.m.

It really does seem like a better system but so few people use them that it just seems simpler to stick with 6 bolt.

Odd, most people I know have them on at least one wheelset and most are looking for CL hubs when building up new wheelsets. Problem is that only a few select manufacturers do hubs with CL. Luckily for me I'm a fan of Shimano and DT hubs.

Dec. 12, 2016, 1:10 p.m.

I have 240S CLs on one of my bikes. Ran both SRAM IS-6 and Shimano XT and XTR Freeza CL rotors with no issue.

King has CL road hubs now. ONYX Racing makes CL hubs as well.

Next wheel set I'm likely binning carbon fibre rims in favour of quality hubs. Pro2s on my DH bike are rather blah. Don't understand the hype.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 15, 2016, 10:33 a.m.

Pro2s on my DH bike are rather blah. Don't understand the hype.

Theyre just cheap and light and run forever. Ak47 of hubs

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 18, 2016, 12:10 a.m.

CL makes huge sense for disc brakes in terms of heat management, and placing a very uniform clamping torque across the structure to give a straighter running rotor

I've spoken to Shimano techs about this before, when they would not make a 140mm 6-bolt rotor (for road bikes), only 140mm Centre-Lock, and I was a bit confused why so rang 'em up?

they said there was not enough mass in the 6-bolt interface for rotors under 160mm in terms of sustained heat management.

Others disagreed, this is why you saw a number of big brand road bikes coming with Tektro 6-bolt 140mm rotors despite otherwise full Shimano groupsets.

Whilst manufacturers who chose CL hubs got to buy the 140mm Freeza CL rotors from Shimano

Hayes used to make excellent rotors (not used their brakes for years now) and Shimano have been generally very good, other brands no so…