new e13 tires

Jan. 13, 2018, 6:27 p.m.

No but I've been wanting to try them and bit found them locally ( I really try to buy tires and such things local). Are you in the mower mainland?

I've also considered picking up the continental der barons (can be had from MEC) as well but although they're listed as 2.4s they seem pretty narrow... But they seem similar to the trs.

Jan. 13, 2018, 10:57 p.m.

In terms of the Conti's, I tried them and found the grip good, but they felt harsh. Very stiff sidewalls maybe. They also don't have the volume that I remember the trail Kings having.

Much happier with a Magic Mary soft apex on the front

Jan. 15, 2018, 7:54 p.m.

not sure about this new e13 but the original is a big tire with huge footprint

Smaller than Magic Marys. Every way.

Feb. 13, 2018, 5:09 a.m.

I have a set of brand new 650B E13 tires for sale if you are still looking. one is TRS-R other is TRS+

Feb. 13, 2018, 12:35 p.m.

I'm 3 rides in on a pair of the trsr. Coming from years of riding 2.5 minion dhf (front and rear) in both dh and exo casings. Most recent tires were dhr2 in 2.4 with exo casing max terra. I have no experience with the previous e13 tires. Set up tubeless in 29x2.35. These trsr tires have ridiculous grip but are noticeably slower rolling than the maxxis tires I'm coming off. The ride is damp compared to the maxxis exo casing. Cornering grip is the best I've experienced. They are a bit vague at moderate lean angles but dig really hard when leaned over aggressively. Will definitely be swapping the rear out for something faster for late spring and summer but the excellent grip seems like a worthy trade off this time of year.  I should also note that the tires come up very square (mounted on e13 trs+ rims, 30mm).

Last edited by: Bushpilot on Feb. 13, 2018, 1:18 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 13, 2018, 6:02 p.m.

Posted by: Bushpilot

I'm 3 rides in on a pair of the trsr. Coming from years of riding 2.5 minion dhf (front and rear) in both dh and exo casings. Most recent tires were dhr2 in 2.4 with exo casing max terra. I have no experience with the previous e13 tires. Set up tubeless in 29x2.35. These trsr tires have ridiculous grip but are noticeably slower rolling than the maxxis tires I'm coming off. The ride is damp compared to the maxxis exo casing. Cornering grip is the best I've experienced. They are a bit vague at moderate lean angles but dig really hard when leaned over aggressively. Will definitely be swapping the rear out for something faster for late spring and summer but the excellent grip seems like a worthy trade off this time of year.  I should also note that the tires come up very square (mounted on e13 trs+ rims, 30mm).

I can attest to the slower rolling. I am also running the TRSr in the front and rear. Now that the rear has worn some it is rolling a bit faster but still not minion quick. That being said I just got a TRS+ for the rear and the center knobs are noticeably firmer than the TRSr so it should be a faster rolling, longer wearing tire. So far Im impressed with the cost and performance and will be a repeat customer. As for the grip, holy s**t they stick on roots.

Feb. 13, 2018, 7:18 p.m.

Posted by: T-mack

I can attest to the slower rolling. I am also running the TRSr in the front and rear. Now that the rear has worn some it is rolling a bit faster but still not minion quick. That being said I just got a TRS+ for the rear and the center knobs are noticeably firmer than the TRSr so it should be a faster rolling, longer wearing tire. So far Im impressed with the cost and performance and will be a repeat customer. As for the grip, holy s**t they stick on roots.

I need faster rolling tires , any slower rolling and I will be stopped dead LOL.

What shop you getting the tires thru Ty ??

Feb. 13, 2018, 7:40 p.m.

Posted by: DemonMike

Posted by: T-mack

I need faster rolling tires , any slower rolling and I will be stopped dead LOL.

What shop you getting the tires thru Ty ??

I got mine through Velocity. LTP is the E.13 dealer so any shop locally should be able to get them for you. I'll post an update on the TRS+ when I get some time on it. I've blown up way too many Maxxis to every go down that road again for what they cost.

Feb. 14, 2018, 4:46 p.m.

I've been on them for a few weeks now (TRSr front and TRS+ rear). I'm coming off the old version and they feel very similar (crazy good wet grip and bite in corners), but I'm able to run them with 2 or 3 less PSI due to the more supportive sidewalls. Should be as good as the original but more durable. I don't really care about a fast rolling tire. Grip is more important to me so I'm a big fan!

March 8, 2018, 8:21 a.m.

Came on my bike. Rode around the parking lot took off put on minion. I am in Nanaimo but know people that go to van on the weekends.

March 8, 2018, 8:22 a.m.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2326845/

April 5, 2018, 1:55 p.m.

I have a TRSr/TRS+ set on the way, but was thinking of running one of them on the front with something else that’s faster rolling. My thought it to run the faster TRS+ in front over the summer, then move it to the back in the fall.

Is the TRS+ closer to a Maxxis 3C Maxx Terra or more like the harder dual-compound? Is it too hard for a front tire or would it work well?

Last edited by: D_C_ on April 5, 2018, 1:56 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
April 5, 2018, 4:01 p.m.

TRS+ would work fine as a front tire in the summer. It's still plenty grippy. I'd say it's prob in between the 3C Maxx Terra and the harder dual compound. 

In my experience, once a TRS+ is worn in just a bit it's not that slow of a rear tire....I don't notice too much more rolling resistance compared to my old DHR