new dh bike?

Nov. 20, 2008, 5:41 p.m.

Or the Glory, if you want better value or are buying it new and looking at the life time warranty.

It is hard to think of many solid DH bikes that you'd want to own though.

.:NSTP:.

Nov. 20, 2008, 5:55 p.m.

my picks.

demo 7, session 88, wilson, v-10. outsiders such as gambler, commy, morewood giant would have a chance if the new photo wasnt so sexy, but for the sticker shock might be up there so i can get something else as well

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 20, 2008, 6:40 p.m.

Myself, I am going to wait out the winter and then try and scoop a Used Glory or check out some shops and see who wants to move em.

On the shop note, as I have never bought a new bike. I have owned a few but never that new bike smell. How flexible is a shop with customizing a new bike. ie: parts swapping, weight and such? Is it a shop thing that they would or they wouldn't, or does it come down to the manufacturer?

The Glory is known for being a tad robust.

Nov. 20, 2008, 7:42 p.m.

I found the demo 8 really comfortable at speeds (my first actual ride on mine was at whistler). What i did notice was that it felt strange in the air, but i quickly adapted to the feel. The bike is probably one of the better cornering dh bikes out there, with the super short chain stay, really low COG, and pretty low bb height.

Not knocking it, it's a great bike. I just think being a bit more central between the wheelbase gives more neutral handling.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Nov. 20, 2008, 8:19 p.m.

Not knocking it, it's a great bike.

..but the big S will release something better next season

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 20, 2008, 9 p.m.

Santa Cruz will be coming out with a VP free upgrade (V8, or something) and a V10. The bigger the number here, the more DH race specific they get. A V8 could easily serve as a DH race bike as well as a park bike, unless it ends up some how worse than its predecesor…Also another vote for Demo.

WTF, Over?

Nov. 20, 2008, 9:11 p.m.

So i did end up ordering a banshee scythe frame,seems like good build quality vs weight and to those that have ridden one say its great so im happy with my decision, a little deeper into the winter ill post up my build pics.

http://carcraftautorepair.ca/

Follow Us On FaceBook

Nov. 20, 2008, 9:49 p.m.

So, is that the main reason that you went with the Scythe? build quality vs. weight?

Nov. 30, 2008, 8:48 p.m.

How did Gee's end up weighing 40lb ?

one word, old Saint

that said, it really does show you how important a reliable bike is versus trying to get the lightest bike out there

Canada's Largest Super D, DH and 4X race series
www.sirbikealotracing.com

Nov. 30, 2008, 9:11 p.m.

one word, old Saint

that said, it really does show you how important a reliable bike is versus trying to get the lightest bike out there

he uses xtr.

Dec. 1, 2008, 12:30 a.m.

or new saint.

Dec. 1, 2008, 12:47 a.m.

and backwards pedals.

Check my stuff for sale!

Dec. 1, 2008, 12:57 a.m.

and backwards pedals.

:lol:

Thanks for pointing that out, perhaps it's because its late, but I almost collapsed a lung laughing at that.

22 Pride

Dec. 1, 2008, 1 a.m.

So, is that the main reason that you went with the Scythe? build quality vs. weight?

I think he ment a good quality to weight ratio. As in the Glory's are nice bikes and come with a lifetime warrenty but they weight a lot. Others might be really good as well, weight a lot less but break after a season.

The scythe is a good weight able to be built up to sub 38 (from what I have seen so far), and are good quality. (I'm 200lbs then plus gear and pushed it for most of the season and it is just as good as new).

www.knollybikes.com

:canada:

Dec. 1, 2008, 3:29 a.m.

oh and I almost forgot. A two year manufacture's warranty on the Banshee Scythe instead of the one year offered by Transition

Trans offers a lifetime crash replacement:

Transition Bikes Standard Warranty:
All Transition Bikes full-suspension frames are warranted against material defect, and manufacturing quality for 1 full year from the original date of purchase for the original registered owner. The Trail-or-Park hardtail is warrantied for 2 years from the original date of purchase. In the event that there is an issue with your frame, it is up to Transition Bikes to decide whether it is a warranty issue or if it falls under our crash replacement policy (ie, you did a 20 foot drop to a flat landing). If in the event there is an issue with the frame that falls outside of the warranty we have our "Crash Replacement Policy". This policy is a lifetime guarantee that if you crash or destroy your bike from being stupid or you ran over it with your car, we will send you a new section of the frame you damaged at a nominal charge.

In the event you have to send back part or all of your frame for a warranty, you are responsible for the shipping costs to get it to us and we will pay for the shipping to return the frame back to you. If you need to send something back to us, you can provide us with a credit card number and we will ship out a replacement part ASAP and then evaluate the broken part when we receive it. We know there is nothing more frustrating than waiting for parts to be shipped back and forth while your bike is unrideable and the trails are calling your name.

cancer curing hurricanes cock down my throat.