New Bike Rack - NSR4 or Hang5

Sept. 13, 2015, 6:23 p.m.

Gotta say: the Recon racks look worth it. There's a prototype on the FB pages that has a swing out option. That might make me give up my Arbutus.

Sept. 13, 2015, 6:38 p.m.

There's currently 3 people running the swinger system…while they claim they like it i think it's a pile of garbage, crude at best. I really really want to devote more time to it since nothing like it is really offered, but I'm currently tapped on time!
But it's nice to hear some feed back on it… I'm kind of hoping it slows down a touch this "winter", maybe i can produce something worthy.

Sept. 13, 2015, 9:35 p.m.

Hey Dutch, how's the rack treating you??

Hey Cody, it's been good. Only problem is my friends have ns racks which mangle my fork ;)

One thing ive noticed is the nut is backing off the bolt at the pivot over time causing some extra play. Any tips for that? Should I just put some lock tight on?

Heres a pic for those interested:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/2aJMuTlwcKzJh8B5xe71lHrZ2HlJ8yQq2NLAZcJU7rNcb6Gy-8c=w1434-h1075-no

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Sept. 13, 2015, 9:50 p.m.

Hey Cody, it's been good. Only problem is my friends have ns racks which mangle my fork ;)

One thing ive noticed is the nut is backing off the bolt at the pivot over time causing some extra play. Any tips for that? Should I just put some lock tight on?

Heres a pic for those interested:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/2aJMuTlwcKzJh8B5xe71lHrZ2HlJ8yQq2NLAZcJU7rNcb6Gy-8c=w1434-h1075-no

Mangle forks…? really ?

Sept. 13, 2015, 10:25 p.m.

Mangle forks…? really ?

White boxxers and other painted crowns seem to be the most common victims…

Yeah i started using a shorter nylock nut, yours must have been an earlier version. I like to avoid excessive exposed threads, but the 3.5" bolt just wasn't quite enough to engage the nylon lock ring.
Crank it back down until i can get a nut to ya!
Headed stateside anytime soon again?
I'm hoping to get to get up there again soon as well. I'll get you fixed up. How's the height still?

And yeah…really sucks when i do get to ride and some shows up with a friggin nsr or a welcome mat over a tailgate…kinda defeats the entire purpose of me killing myself in my shop to create non-harmful bike racks and end up with a trashed frame anyway…

Sept. 13, 2015, 10:31 p.m.

They rub the paint off pike's. Mangle might be a bit extreme, but im not too stoked about having to put my bike on an ns rack.

My friends carbon wilson doesnt fit properly on it. I've heard demo 8's don't fit that nice either. I'm sure there are others as well.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

July 10, 2016, 9:26 p.m.

So what should I buy in 2016. I just bought a short box tacoma, and my old wood tray will not work. I hate putting a bike over a dakine (even though I have one) as it often damages the downtube.

I love the 1up rack. But shelling out a grand plus for a four bike tray, is killing me.

What is the killer rack these days for a truck, that does not cosmetically damage forks, and will allow me to carry 24 inch wheel bikes plus those adult sized bikes.

I read the thread - and not sure what to do. Swagman, NSR4, thule etc.

July 11, 2016, 5:49 a.m.

So what should I buy in 2016. I just bought a short box tacoma, and my old wood tray will not work. I hate putting a bike over a dakine (even though I have one) as it often damages the downtube.

I love the 1up rack. But shelling out a grand plus for a four bike tray, is killing me.

What is the killer rack these days for a truck, that does not cosmetically damage forks, and will allow me to carry 24 inch wheel bikes plus those adult sized bikes.

build a new wood tray and save yourself hundreds of dollars

July 11, 2016, 11:16 a.m.

build a new wood tray and save yourself hundreds of dollars

THIS!

July 11, 2016, 11:23 a.m.

Ive seen some pretty slick PVC tube racks that people have built for the back of their pick-up trucks. Im sure you can find a DIY online for one if you want to keep the bikes in the bed.