New Bike Rack - NSR4 or Hang5

Dec. 16, 2014, 4:28 p.m.

Here you go:

Just a u-clamp with a steel bar with a flat machined surface for the nuts to snug up to. The rack gets cinched down so you're not fighting the whole weight of the rack and bikes if cinching up.

One custom thing I asked for to further prevent movement is eliminate the pivoting mechanism in my rack. Can't fold it down but it hasn't bothered me since I've had it. Had it done to my previous rack as well.

In the near future, I will get a swing out carrier for both my tire and rack. The tire is too heavy for the door mount and I'm planning a camping kitchen out the back of the truck so I will need access without the rack and bikes in the way, even it it did pivot down to the ground.

July 13, 2015, 8:54 p.m.

I saw a recon rack down here in Colorado the other day. It is about the nearest thing I have seen to my Arbutus rack. They make them in 4, 5 or 6. I forget how much the Arbutus was but I don't think the 4 bike rack is that more expensive at Recon.

http://recon-racks.com/new-products/

July 14, 2015, 3:12 a.m.

I saw a recon rack down here in Colorado the other day. It is about the nearest thing I have seen to my Arbutus rack. They make them in 4, 5 or 6. I forget how much the Arbutus was but I don't think the 4 bike rack is that more expensive at Recon.

http://recon-racks.com/new-products/

Was that website made by a 12 year old on MySpace?

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

July 14, 2015, 7:10 a.m.

Was that website made by a 12 year old on MySpace?

Yeah…. that browsing experience pretty much sucked dogs balls…

Sept. 13, 2015, 12:21 a.m.

I gotta say, reading the last two replies made me giggle! I'm Cody, i build the Recon Racks. I don't build websites. In not selling websites and i don't really care if it blows. I refuse to use flash and pretty lights to sell my product. I actually refuse to use ANYTHING to sell my racks. I do not advertise, i don't bribe people with them to get my name out there. I do not plan on getting rich and retiring early. Anyone who currently owns one of my racks saw one in person, shuttled in one, or a prior customer turned them my direction because they believe in them as much as i do. I've used the same rack for two years now right here in the pnw. And not on the paved roads on the shore, but in 4wd clawing up to some of the rowdiest shuttle zones here.
I work 60 hours a week as a high end fabricator at a job i LOVE and build racks when i get home at 7 at night and on weekends while you guys are riding bikes.
Seriously…if you don't like my racks that's totally cool. Tons of options out there, This is simply one more. But if you don't like my racks because i don't have time or the desire to build a flashy website to convince you that you want one…then you didn't really want one to begin with. Right?
I post all updates and improvements on IG and the Facebook page, don't really care about the website.
Now get off your computers and phones and ride a bike! The rain is coming, its time to build!

Sept. 13, 2015, 7:10 a.m.

I gotta say, reading the last two replies made me giggle! I'm Cody, i build the Recon Racks. I don't build websites. In not selling websites and i don't really care if it blows. I refuse to use flash and pretty lights to sell my product. I actually refuse to use ANYTHING to sell my racks. I do not advertise, i don't bribe people with them to get my name out there. I do not plan on getting rich and retiring early. Anyone who currently owns one of my racks saw one in person, shuttled in one, or a prior customer turned them my direction because they believe in them as much as i do. I've used the same rack for two years now right here in the pnw. And not on the paved roads on the shore, but in 4wd clawing up to some of the rowdiest shuttle zones here.
I work 60 hours a week as a high end fabricator at a job i LOVE and build racks when i get home at 7 at night and on weekends while you guys are riding bikes.
Seriously…if you don't like my racks that's totally cool. Tons of options out there, This is simply one more. But if you don't like my racks because i don't have time or the desire to build a flashy website to convince you that you want one…then you didn't really want one to begin with. Right?
I post all updates and improvements on IG and the Facebook page, don't really care about the website.
Now get off your computers and phones and ride a bike! The rain is coming, its time to build!

I can't tell if I would like your racks or not as I can't really see them in the pictures when they are loaded with biked or easily read the black text that overlays a picture with black in it.

Take some better pictures of your racks; without bikes, close ups but no so close I can't tell what the hell I am liking at.

You probably make a good product and it sounds like you enjoy making them, but I'm not going to shell out hundreds of dollars sight unseen.

Of course it's your business and you are free to do whatever you want….

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Sept. 13, 2015, 8:05 a.m.

I've got a recon rack. Guy in Blaine builds them. Kinda pricey especially with the exchange. But he builds them to order so you can ask for a little extra height or choose your color.

http://recon-racks.com/

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Sept. 13, 2015, 8:32 a.m.

Still loving my Nsr4
North shore racks have been great to deal with and my rack does its job without me having to think , or worry about it.

Sept. 13, 2015, 10:10 a.m.

Do you make an 1 1/4" bike rack that holds 2 bikes?

Sept. 13, 2015, 10:15 a.m.

Hey bud. I build websites. ill shoot you a pm and I can help you out with your website if you like. Doesn't have to be fancy and flashy graphics. Just a nice way to show people what you do and let them know how to buy them

Sept. 13, 2015, 2:56 p.m.

Hello again… let's see…try to respond to all here…
Let's start with the racks as that's why I'm here: I'm priced as low as i can already go and on the smaller racks i really lose my ass as all the most expensive parts are still in play. So 3 bike is as small as i go now.
The racks are spendy, just so many parts involved! Every single part is replaceable should you get in an accident, tree falls on it, use it to pull trees out of your yard…. unfortunately they are even worse for you guys up north. It totally sucks, but i can't really do much about that! When i am king I'll squash all the borders and we'll have only the Earth Dollar, same value everywhere!
Um…oh, changed the text body to yellow, garbaged the blog page and sacrificed my only possible ride this week to do so.
No thanks on the website offer. I have a graphic designer(does everything for me and reminds me daily that my media ideas are crap and i need to just keep my welding hood down, lol)already angry at me for my horrible website and has all but threatened my life to let him fix it. Thing about things like websites: i won't appreciate what others can do until I've tried and failed. Yes, I'm failing! But I'm learning.
I don't want any of you to buy a rack because my website was awesome. Come down and ride with me, I'll shuttle you all day. Or maybe i can bring a couple of my buds with racks up and host a shuttle and build day? THAT'S how id like to sell racks. Should be a sale condition: i ride with every customer!

Sept. 13, 2015, 2:57 p.m.

I've got a recon rack. Guy in Blaine builds them. Kinda pricey especially with the exchange. But he builds them to order so you can ask for a little extra height or choose your color.

http://recon-racks.com/

Hey Dutch, how's the rack treating you??

Sept. 13, 2015, 3:14 p.m.

How's the rack treating you, Dutch??

Sept. 13, 2015, 4:20 p.m.

Sorry for popping in my own unrelated question here…

Anyone happen to have a recommendation for an ultra light weight hitch mount 2 bike rack for a small car?

I've seen cars with models from Saris and Thule.

https://nsmba.ca/product-category/memberships/

Sept. 13, 2015, 4:47 p.m.

Sorry for popping in my own unrelated question here…

Anyone happen to have a recommendation for an ultra light weight hitch mount 2 bike rack for a small car?

I've seen cars with models from Saris and Thule.

http://www.mec.ca/product/5016-603/swagman-xc-2-bike-folding-dual-receiver-hitch-rack/?q=swagman

http://www.mec.ca/product/5018-825/swagman-xtc-2-bike-xc-dual-receiver-hitch-rack/?q=swagman

http://www.swagman.net/products/bike/hitch-mount/