Need new hub

Dec. 3, 2018, 4:30 p.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

Posted by: Ouch

Posted by: Endur-Bro

^Look on the German sites for a complete DT wheel.

A link to those German sites? Or name of stores?

Thanks

My favorites for tires are: https://www.bike-discount.de/en, https://www.bike-components.de/en/ and https://www.hibike.com/

I assume they have good prices on DT stuff as well.

Are the prices that much better than Colorado cyclist?

When I was searching for wheels, their discount code and the fact that they had non-centerlock hubs made them seem like the better deal.

Dec. 3, 2018, 8:11 p.m.

I always try to support local bike shops. Is there significant savings from Colorado cyclists or stores in Germany? If so, how much?

Dec. 3, 2018, 9:46 p.m.

The sites are listed right there...why not take a look for yourself?

Dec. 4, 2018, 7:05 a.m.

Posted by: pedalhound

I've looked at their sites, I just don't know how the prices compare locally. I guess I didn't clarify that in the previous post.

Dec. 4, 2018, 8:18 a.m.

I've looked at their sites, I just don't know how the prices compare locally. I guess I didn't clarify that in the previous post.

Since we dont actually know what 'local' is for you, it would be hard for us to guess.  If you are talking LBS vs online, you will be hard pressed to find any local shops that can match online prices/availability for the majority of parts.

Dec. 4, 2018, 8:46 a.m.

I always try to support local bike shops. Is there significant savings from Colorado cyclists or stores in Germany? If so, how much?

🍻. I order everything from the LBS in my neighborhood these days. Gets there at approximately the same speed, price difference is usually negligible and the they install the part for me. While I drink their beer. 

The only reason I ever order something online is when the LBS can't get it. 

And get an I9 Ouch, live your best life.

Dec. 4, 2018, 9:13 a.m.

This thread took a weird twist

i9 vs DT vs Hope

You cant lose with any of those, the only think you lose over another is $

Dec. 4, 2018, 10:31 p.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

Since we dont actually know what 'local' is for you, it would be hard for us to guess.  If you are talking LBS vs online, you will be hard pressed to find any local shops that can match online prices/availability for the majority of parts.

NSMB = North Shore Mountain Bike.

Local is North Shore! Hahahaha.

Yes LBS.

I did order a BikeYoke dropper post online(direct from BikeYoke)because none of the LBS can get them through their distributor. The only distributor in Canada is S4 suspension in Quebec, the post would've cost me an extra $150 through S4.

Dec. 4, 2018, 10:32 p.m.

Posted by: ehfour

This thread took a weird twist

i9 vs DT vs Hope

You cant lose with any of those, the only think you lose over another is $

Agreed. Whatever one I can get the best deal on! i9 was more expensive if I recall.

Dec. 5, 2018, 9:26 a.m.

I9 gave us a deal when we (LBS) called them directly. Never know.

I was going to add, as long as your rim isn't made of cheese, your spoke tension will likely be more important than the rest of your choices above (given that you use brass ProLock nipples).

Now you got me thinking about building up a lightweight alloy wheel...

Dec. 18, 2018, 9:35 p.m.

All our Hubs have wi-fi as standard, and it's easy to connect a whole range of computers and devices to them. All you need is the Hub's network name (SSID) and password. Click on the dropdown for your Hub to get started.more

Dec. 19, 2018, 6:09 a.m.

Posted by: mosesbrodin99

All our Hubs have wi-fi as standard, and it's easy to connect a whole range of computers and devices to them. All you need is the Hub's network name (SSID) and password. Click on the dropdown for your Hub to get started.more

WTF!!! The link to "more" is a Bitcoin Tumbler website.

SPAM Alert!!

Last edited by: Ouch on Dec. 19, 2018, 6:10 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 19, 2018, 6:59 a.m.

SPAM Alert!!

Pretty obviously spam. I do enjoy how that bot misinterpreted the use of ‘hub’ and ran with it.

I wish my Hopes had wifi...

Last edited by: D_C_ on Dec. 19, 2018, 6:59 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 19, 2018, 7:22 p.m.

Posted by: D_C_

SPAM Alert!!

Pretty obviously spam. I do enjoy how that bot misinterpreted the use of ‘hub’ and ran with it.

I see you deleted you post after mosesbrodin99.......

I don't think I would've clicked on it.......Had you not replied!😋

Dec. 19, 2018, 8:51 p.m.

Posted by: D_C_

SPAM Alert!!

I see you deleted you post after mosesbrodin99.......

I don't think I would've clicked on it.......Had you not replied!😋

Yeah, sorry about that. That was a bad call on my part. But the spam bot post made me chuckle.