Naked Bikes

Jan. 23, 2020, 12:19 p.m.

Posted by: Ddean

Bumping this thread for the love of Nakeds.

Someone, anyone, who has anything to say about them, please do! 

Im still lusting for one but am having trouble with the concept of funding it. If I found a used one with modern geo in a 29+ that fit well and I liked the look of, Id be all over it. That bike is proving to be a unicorn. 

Post your pics - tell your stories -  Im doing everything that I can to convince myself I need one as a second bike or third bike. Ive got a Slayer as my trail bike and may replace the DH rig I sold, undecided.

Looking for a used custom bike with ultra modern numbers is going to be tough, people who've ordered those bikes are still in the honeymoon phase.

Maybe consider saving up and buying one directly from Naked, that suits your custom needs. Or consider or something similar from a more mainstream brand, say Chromag's Arcturian: https://chromagbikes.com/collections/29-27/products/frames-arcturian while not cheap, at 1900, it's about $1,000 less than a Naked, which is the price of customization.

Jan. 23, 2020, 1:07 p.m.

Sam's been awesome to chat framebuilding stuff with, super nice every time I talk with him. I don't think you'll ever find a used custom Naked with modern geo, well maybe in 15 years.

Jan. 23, 2020, 7:57 p.m.

I think the Naked is a better buy than a Surface Ti ¯\(ツ)