My YT Canada experience

July 11, 2018, 11:12 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Posted by: XXX_er

I think money is the same color no matter who gives it to you, 

Wrong wrong wrong! Canadian money is coloured differently by denomination!

" Some examples of common figures of speech include the simile, metaphor, pun, personification, hyperbole, understatement, paradox and oxymoron. However, these are just some figures of speech. Whenever a speaker does not intend the literal interpretation of his words, then he is using a figure of speech. "

whom besides drug dealers use cash anymore

July 12, 2018, 4:37 p.m.

Not sure what happened to this thread, but I thought I would leave a quick update on my Capra:

I love it. it rides beautifully. no issues so far, I wrapped it in 3M clear bra and have PR'd most of my local trails since owning it.

Highly recommended.

July 12, 2018, 7:55 p.m.

Yes I love my Jeffsy too.  It's quite awesome.  Only complaint is it's a little short or my monster sized frame, but I can deal with that.

What I struggle to deal with is YT's customer service in Canada.  Especially when most other places having nothing but positive reviews.  If YT Canada was more like YT USA, I think they'd simply dominate sales here.

July 12, 2018, 8:24 p.m.

Posted by: raidersroll

Not sure what happened to this thread, but I thought I would leave a quick update on my Capra:

I love it. it rides beautifully. no issues so far, I wrapped it in 3M clear bra and have PR'd most of my local trails since owning it.

Highly recommended.

Where did you buy or do the 3M Clear bra?

July 12, 2018, 8:31 p.m.

duno exactlty  what the "clear bra" you talk about is but you can get enough 3M from lordco in 4" widths for about 20$, using either an alcohol solution or some heatgun heat it will conform to curves pretty well IME

July 12, 2018, 8:48 p.m.

duno exactlty  what the "clear bra" you talk about is but you can get enough 3M from lordco in 4" widths for about 20$, using either an alcohol solution or some heatgun heat it will conform to curves pretty well IME

Clear bra is the automotive term.  When they started to wrap the front end of cars with 3M rather than using a 'car bra' (those hideous pieces of material that were supposed to stop rock chips, but ended up causing more damage than good) the term 'clear bra' came to be.

July 12, 2018, 11:36 p.m.

You two might be talking about the same thing.  It's available in sheets as well.

July 13, 2018, 7:35 a.m.

Waitaminute...does the OP have his bike yet, or are we all still waiting??

July 13, 2018, 9:19 a.m.

Yes same thing, different application.

July 13, 2018, 10:13 a.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

duno exactlty what the "clear bra" you talk about is but you can get enough 3M from lordco in 4" widths for about 20$, using either an alcohol solution or some heatgun heat it will conform to curves pretty well IME

Clear bra is the automotive term. When they started to wrap the front end of cars with 3M rather than using a 'car bra' (those hideous pieces of material that were supposed to stop rock chips, but ended up causing more damage than good) the term 'clear bra' came to be.

I didn't know exactly which clear product he was refering to cuz there are a lot of options if you look in the bike wrapping thread, I used lordco 84904 ( 84" long and 4" wide ) or  84906 ( 84" long 6" wide ) its shinny so not good for matte finished paint but on a glossy bike its almost invisible, one pack will do a bike  its cheap n readily available at many autoparts stores ... pretty good paint protection

yeah I had a Naugahyde bra on my golf for about 12months and it made a fucking mess !

July 13, 2018, 12:27 p.m.

Posted by: gotham

He has it and is shredding it! 

This thread is now for XXXer and Syncro to face off in. OP perhaps you could change the title?

July 13, 2018, 12:34 p.m.

Posted by: nouseforaname

Posted by: gotham

He has it and is shredding it! 

This thread is now for XXXer and Syncro to face off in. OP perhaps you could change the title?

We’re done. I think XXX’er finally realized what the debate was about.

July 13, 2018, 12:58 p.m.

we're done. i think Syncro finally realized what the debate was about

July 13, 2018, 2:25 p.m.

A period! I call that a victory for all of us. 🍻

I'm hearing that YT USA is problem free? A few friends did a group order recently here in the States, not a one of the bikes came out of the box without a problem. Watching them go through the weeks long process of getting it all straightened out with YT made me so thankful that I opted to go with a Giant from the shop across the street instead.

July 14, 2018, 11:48 a.m.

I used 3M clear protection 4" strip from Lordco. I cut the pieces to size and used the soapy water wet mount technique. Squeegeed all the water out, and finished it with a bit of time with the heat gun. Very happy with the result. No air bubbles, fingers or lifting.

YT had also done a pretty good job of protecting the bike with lots of rubber protection on chainstay and downtube, as well as thick, hazy vinyl strips in hi-risk areas.