My YT Canada experience

July 9, 2018, 8:41 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

" All this said, LBS did not cause this. It's sites like this and the manufacturers that are causing this fucking mess."

well yes why would a shop stock everything if peeps buy everything somewhere else than the LBS, again just making an observation not a judgement on whether this is good or bad

you could/should have said the reason you were wrong is that you couldn't understands my posts but its too late eh

you guys spend lotsa time working out on each other acting like right cunts over nothing/for no helpful reason but to one up,

but thats ok ... bad spelling is not Ya ?

Let me translate.

"Shops struggle to stock everything.  Even if the internet didn't exist, there's no way they could have on hand every esoteric part the manufacturing monkey's are churning out every week."

I agree 100%.

If spelling was your only problem, I could look past it.  Your form of communication is a mix of homeless drunk and terrier.

July 9, 2018, 9:02 p.m.

well yes we were talking about stocking levels of  parts,they have probably dropped since the internet

so is this the point where I am suposed to  make the usual comments about your  mother or wife ?

or just forgive you for acting like a cunt?

July 9, 2018, 9:08 p.m.

Yes I understand, it is easier/preferable to be too lazy to read a few posts than admit you were wrong but then your posts are so often rambling or incoherent

I give zero fucks why a bike store might refuse service, I think money is the same color no matter who gives it to you, but it did happen

obviously those shops had enough business or were pissed or sft, I don't know/don't care  

the point would be buddy was refused service a few ( 3 times, maybe he was wearing a MAGA ball cap ? ) so while you snow flakes are all "ooooh it shouldnt happen" I be pontificating on the fact this is what actualy did happen and the possible thot process behind it for a shop owner who has his ass on line when a million+ inventory is sitting in the showroom,  

So when you do the internet bike thing and it goes sideways own it instead of whining like a little girl that wants to have her cake and eat it too

lol - that's choice on the first post. Maybe instead of getting upset when a number of people are questioning your posting style/coherency you could put a little more effort into what you're trying to say? 

Re the second part, if a shop owner has money tied up in inventory wouldn't it be a smart move to take the business of a new customer ready to pay for service to create cashflow? There's a good chance that customer may return and spend even more money based on getting good customer service. It's an opportunity, why turn it away? You say you don't care why a shop would refuse service and that it shouldn't matter to a shop where the cash comes from but then proceed to flame people who find it strange that a shop wouldn't take that cash and that it's somehow their own fault for getting an internet bike. Your line of thinking is a bit contradictory. Or maybe you are so focused on only one part of the issue that you're failing to see the bigger picture? To be honest I really can't tell, but apparently that's an issue with my reading comprehension and not your writing style/ 

For the most part the discussion on the last few pages seems to be revolving around whether shops should be refusing service to someone with an internet bike (and parts) and whether that's in the best interests of the shop who does, right? For someone who supposedly doesn't care, you sure seem to making the effort to be tell those who do care about the issue to fuck off.

July 9, 2018, 9:14 p.m.

well yes we were talking about stocking levels of  parts,they have probably dropped since the internet

so is this the point where I am suposed to  make the usual comments about your  mother or wife ?

If there are a bunch of people taking issue with your posts and the point you're trying to make and the only one supporting your position is yourself, then there's a pretty good chance that somewhere along the line you've made a mistake or two and it might be to your benefit to try and figure that out.

July 9, 2018, 9:23 p.m.

So  now it would seem you are not too lazy to go back and look

Yeah you would think the shop would want that business but thats not what happened the guy got turned away, so why ?

yeah I merely pointed out what happend and you don't seem to understand that

I didn't tell anyone to fuck off I did comment on the behavior so whinny girl , acting like a cunt

which is different

July 9, 2018, 9:25 p.m.

I can't imagine the levels I'd need to sink to to seek your forgiveness.

When you converse with the people around you, do you use the time when others are talking as a moment to formulate what you will be saying next?

Don't confuse ad hominem with a completely valid attack on ones method of communication.  If you suffer from some form of whatever mental ailment, let me know and I will pull punches.  Until then, I will close with saying there is a damn good fucking reason why we have come to agreement on language and grammar.  If we were to reinvent it every fucking time we met we'd still be flinging shit at each other.

July 9, 2018, 9:29 p.m.

I forgive you for acting like a cunt

July 9, 2018, 9:38 p.m.

I forgive you for acting like a cunt

You capitalized the I!  You forgot the period, but I will look past that.  Keep up the good work.

July 9, 2018, 9:41 p.m.

I could correct that but it would change the post entirely and you might not understand it !

July 9, 2018, 9:48 p.m.

So now it would seem you are not too lazy to go back and look

Yeah you would think the shop would want that business but thats not what happened the guy got turned away, so why ?

I didn't tell anyone to fuck off I did comment on the behavior so whinny girl , acting like a cunt

which is different

I didn't say that I wouldn't go back and look, just that it would be a painful process. Having taken the time to re-read your posts I can confirm that it was in fact a painful process. In terms of what actually happened to the dude with the bike, I understood it fully and I'm not sure how you would get the impression I didn't. What seemed to be not clear were your posts on the topic which is what I questioned you on. And yes you're right that you didn't tell anyone to fuck off specifically, but your general attitude towards people who didn't agree with you was shitty enough that you may as well have actually said the words fuck off.

At the end of all this it seems that you don't care whether shops take money or not or where it comes from and that the only thing you cared about was making sure that people who disagreed with shops not wanting to service internet bikes/parts knew they were snowflakes, whinny girls or whatever. If you could have made some valid point about why it makes good financial sense for a bike shop to refuse service to someone with an internet bike/parts then I think people might have been willing to take you more seriously. Unfortunately you didn't do that and to be honest I don't think it's possible to do so.

Last edited by: syncro on July 9, 2018, 9:49 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 9, 2018, 11:05 p.m.

It honestly feels like this guy is arguing just for the sake of arguing.

Last edited by: thaaad on July 9, 2018, 11:10 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 10, 2018, 8:08 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

So now it would seem you are not too lazy to go back and look

which is different

I didn't say that I wouldn't go back and look, just that it would be a painful process. Having taken the time to re-read your posts I can confirm that it was in fact a painful process. In terms of what actually happened to the dude with the bike, I understood it fully and I'm not sure how you would get the impression I didn't. What seemed to be not clear were your posts on the topic which is what I questioned you on. And yes you're right that you didn't tell anyone to fuck off specifically, but your general attitude towards people who didn't agree with you was shitty enough that you may as well have actually said the words fuck off.

At the end of all this it seems that you don't care whether shops take money or not or where it comes from and that the only thing you cared about was making sure that people who disagreed with shops not wanting to service internet bikes/parts knew they were snowflakes, whinny girls or whatever. If you could have made some valid point about why it makes good financial sense for a bike shop to refuse service to someone with an internet bike/parts then I think people might have been willing to take you more seriously. Unfortunately you didn't do that and to be honest I don't think it's possible to do so.

so you detected a  shitty attitude on the the internet ... say it isnt so

you FEEL like I told people to fuck off

so a  common strategy when losing an argument on the internet is to personally attack the person you are arguing with or say something nasty about their mom

I gave reasons why a shop might chose to not deal with a customer, obviously they got enough money, its possible to do more work and net less money but  its all in there ^^  if you want more pain read it again and read between some of the lines

you still haven't suggested any good reason why multiple  shops  might refuse service to internet customers

July 10, 2018, 8:29 a.m.

Posted by: Cabana76

I remember reading about your challenges on that other website.  

That's crazy about your brakes.  Was it because SRAM had no parts?  A massive amount of brakes were affected. My experience was different than yours - JM responded within a day or two and offered to either send me the repair kit or I could send him the brakes. I chose the former and the kits arrived within days.  The fix was easy and no problems since.

Shops refusing you service is BS. As stated in many previous posts, good customer service will take on the customer no matter what bike they have and where they bought it.  If you're still in the GTA I suggest a shop like Bicycle Hub for your maintenance needs. 

I'm curious what the timeline is if you need to warranty the frame. I have not seen any posts about that process.  Maybe this is a good sign?

I think it was a combination of YT not sending them on time, and SRAM being short parts.  Rumour has it, that SRAM was supplying parts for their local Canadian dealers but not for online companies.  Either way, it was a huge annoyance.

As for local shops.  Yes I thought it was odd that they wouldn't work on my bike but this was middle of summer so maybe they had all their replacement parts/kits already allocated to other customers.  Or they just didn't want to deal with me.  Who knows, I didn't really get an explanation other than being told I'd have to go through YT to have my faulty parts replaced.  I've since moved cities and the shops here haven't given me any problems with servicing. 

I also have to shout out Dave at Bicycle Hub.  I went back to Vancouver for work this year and suddenly started having brake issues with my XTs while riding the shore.  I had heard good things so stopped by there and he had totally repaired my brake issue in like 15 minutes and showed me how to prevent it from happening in the future.  Dude had a YT shirt on and was working on a Capra at the time and was stoked that I was riding a YT.  Def did not get that warm of a welcome at a few other lower mainland shops.

July 10, 2018, 9:35 a.m.

you still haven't suggested any good reason why multiple shops might refuse service to internet customers

That's because there isn't one that we can logically see. It's a dumb idea and shops are stupid for doing it.

Last edited by: thaaad on July 10, 2018, 10:39 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 10, 2018, 10:25 a.m.

Posted by: thaaad

you still haven't suggested any good reason why multiple  shops  might refuse service to internet customers

That's because there isn't one that we can logically see. It's a dumb idea and shops are stupid for doing it. If you

I didn't actually