My DIY tubeless inflator with bonus carbonizer

Jan. 11, 2016, 10:27 a.m.

Wanted to share this DIY project with you guys! Cost me around 100 bucks, seats tubeless tires in a jiffy and carbonates any liquid (water, wine, vodka, you name it) for around 3 cents a liter, or 1/10th of a soda stream.

You'll need:

5-10 lbs CO2 tank with CGA-320 valve
Draft beer CO2 regulator
Hose from old bike or auto pump
Spare schrader valves (for auto rims)
2L PET soda bottles with caps

See pictures. For the caps I just drilled a hole and pushed the valve through. Make sure the fit is really snug.

Using as a tire pump is self explanatory. To carbonate:

- Set regulator to 40-50 psi
- Fill a 2L bottle with beverage of your choice, leave some space at the top
- squeeze bottle to get rid of air and put the cap with valve on
- Connect to pump hose, open up the regulator and shake the bottle violently for about 30 seconds
- Close regulator and disconnect
-Enjoy!

Cool liquids will absorb more CO2 so chill before carbonating rather than after. And even though soda bottles are rated for 100+ PSI, I wouldn't push it beyond 50… you've been warned 8)

The best option I've found for for filling up the tank is DBC Marine in Delta. Go around back and ask the guys in the shop, they'll usually fill my tank right away for $10 cash… you can check marine, fire safety or brewing supply shops as well but expect to pay more and possibly wait.

Jan. 11, 2016, 1:17 p.m.

Interesting science experiment. I just my pour the stans into the tire pop the rst of bead , make sure air compressor is set to 55psi max and inflate. Done. In fact I just replaced a leaking shitty mavic stem with a stans stem a few minutes ago.

Jan. 11, 2016, 2:27 p.m.

Interesting science experiment. I just my pour the stans into the tire pop the rst of bead , make sure air compressor is set to 55psi max and inflate. Done. In fact I just replaced a leaking shitty mavic stem with a stans stem a few minutes ago.

Compressors are great if you have a dedicated shop/garage to put it, and other uses for it than inflating tires. I'm definitely getting one myself at some point… but can it carbonate tequila?

Jan. 11, 2016, 2:38 p.m.

Compressors are great if you have a dedicated shop/garage to put it, and other uses for it than inflating tires. I'm definitely getting one myself at some point… but can it carbonate tequila?

my 2 gallon air compressor takes up amount of space as a briefcase and only cost 99$ bucks at crappy tire. don't need a shop for one. Plus use the air nozzle for cleaning out dust in my van, occasional airbrush use , and just did flooring and baseboards in my basement with it. Invaluable tool.

Jan. 11, 2016, 7:04 p.m.

The best option I've found for for filling up the tank is DBC Marine in Delta. Go around back and ask the guys in the shop, they'll usually fill my tank right away for $10 cash… you can check marine, fire safety or brewing supply shops as well but expect to pay more and possibly wait.

Just got my 25lb filled at the extinguisher place in po mo for $20..

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.