MTB 4X Weight Weenie thread..

Sept. 8, 2008, 2:04 p.m.

Here we go. Pipeline indoor rules:

8. 4X BIKE REQUIREMENTS: BIKE MUST CONFORM TO TWO OF THE FOLLOWING: 26[HTML_REMOVED]#8221; WHEELS, FRONT SUSPENSION, OR SHIFTING GEARS. 4X IS A SPORT RIDDEN ON MOUNTAIN BIKES. TRY AND KEEP YOUR BIKE LOOKING LIKE ONE.

Really, I think they all have suspension forks, but we can go by indoor rules if you guys want..

Scale shots only, no claimer BS..

who's up first??

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Sept. 8, 2008, 2:17 p.m.

You are racist against my white bike. Racist. BTW apparently CCA rules state that 26" wheels and 2 brakes are mandatory, not gears or shocks.

Sept. 8, 2008, 3:21 p.m.

You are racist against my white bike. Racist. BTW apparently CCA rules state that 26" wheels and 2 brakes are mandatory, not gears or shocks.

I said indoor rules, isn't your bike 26in? you are fine.

8. 4X BIKE REQUIREMENTS: BIKE MUST CONFORM TO TWO OF THE FOLLOWING: 26[HTML_REMOVED]#8221; WHEELS, FRONT SUSPENSION, OR SHIFTING GEARS. 4X IS A SPORT RIDDEN ON MOUNTAIN BIKES. TRY AND KEEP YOUR BIKE LOOKING LIKE ONE.

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Sept. 8, 2008, 3:26 p.m.

BTW apparently CCA rules state that 26" wheels and 2 brakes are mandatory, not gears or shocks.

the indoor 4x is run by matt from the pipeline track in coquitlam, and you have to have a membership to the track to do the indoor. unfortunately i can't find info on the site re the 4x requirements, but connor's correct about the 2 out of 3. however it's "fork" not "shocks" :P

matt has let people race on a bmx as well but you're in your own class then.

ps i think i have all the info from an email at home, will post up later.

Sept. 8, 2008, 3:31 p.m.

A Couple of Notes to remember before Wednesday's Series Kickoff:

1)BMX Safety rules apply. Full Face Helmets, Covered Arms (Jersey or pads), Covered Legs (Pants or pads) and gloves are required. If you don't have a full face, let us know. We may be able to help.

2) Races are held at Abbotsford Indoor BMX. Directions can be found here!.

3) Race will be set up as a 3 moto mixed qualifier followed by elimination rounds, mains, and consolation rounds. This means you're guaranteed at least 3 races per entry.

4) There are 4 official classes: Pro, Open, Women, and Juniors. This may change depending on how many entries we have. If you're under 12, new to the sport, or whatever, Don't Worry! We'll have a competitive, yet fun class for you. Series Points will be based on your class, not who you end up racing.

5) PLEASE BRING A NUMBER PLATE. There's a special prize on Wednesday for those riders who really love regulated boring number plates. A pair of Kona Wah Wah pedals will be given to the rider who displays the BEST number plate. Be creative! Speed holes, Graphics, Gigantic Fig Newton decals, whatever… Letters instead of numbers? Sure! As long as the plate has 1-3 characters. Do it.

6) Riders who sign up for a Pipeline Membership can only practice at the Abbotsford Indoor on the Wednesdays we have the track reserved. If you want to ride more at this awesome venue, please support your local track and buy a full membership. Special rates apply for 07 AND 08 memberships.

7) Be Safe out there! Block passes and lane changes get really tight when the racing goes indoor. If you're racing Pro, the racing will be tight, but no one out there is racing to take anyone down. Don't take it personal if you get run high or blocked, you just got caught in a bad spot. Shake hands across the line, and please speak to the organizer if you feel your claim deserves a protest.

8) 4x Bike Requirements: Bike MUST conform to TWO of the following: 26[HTML_REMOVED]#8221; Wheels, Front Suspension, or Shifting Gears. 4x is a sport ridden on mountain bikes. Try and keep your bike looking like one.

9) The track came together really nicely. We'll be using the 07 CCA/NBL gate call until Abbotsford's system gets updated to include the new UCI random gate call standard. Pics of the track can be found in the gallery. Please get as much practice as possible before you race.

10) Points Breakdown is as follows:
1st Place - 6 pts
2nd Place - 4 pts
3rd Place - 3 pts
4th Place - 2 pts
5th Place - 2 pts
6th Place - 1 pt

Everyone who shows up to the race gets at least 1 point, so even if you're not a contender for the title, it's still worth hitting all the races to gather points towards the final. We also award the same points for 4th and 5th to award the rider who worked their butt off to win the consolation round. If you don't make the main, it's still worth the effort.

http://www.pipelinebikepark.com/news.php?action=fullnews[HTML_REMOVED]id=65

Sept. 8, 2008, 3:37 p.m.

Yet another reason why I want to live on the mainland

Sept. 8, 2008, 4:02 p.m.

http://www.pipelinebikepark.com/news.php?action=fullnews[HTML_REMOVED]id=65

you are waaay too slow, and you didn't even edit it so the stoner smiley isn't there…

Sept. 8, 2008, 4:12 p.m.

Alot of this should have been posted in the Race forum. This is a weight weenie thread. Once I get a scale shot I'll get mine up here.

Sept. 8, 2008, 4:12 p.m.

When does this start?

After watching the BMX at the Olympics I am stoked to do some 4x racing.

Sept. 8, 2008, 4:20 p.m.

When does this start?

After watching the BMX at the Olympics I am stoked to do some 4x racing.

the first build of the track usually happens in mid-november. it'll be posted up here http://www.abbotsfordbmx.ca/

ps thanks davem!

Sept. 9, 2008, 1:47 p.m.

No one has anything? I guess winter hasn't started yet, keeping everyone burrowed in their basements plotting and building light bikes.

Sept. 9, 2008, 3:08 p.m.

I need a new fork. You've got pretty much what I want. F100?? but they're too damn expensive. There are some good deals on MTBR. I'm looking for something ~100mm travel, air, regular QR.

Sept. 9, 2008, 3:24 p.m.

Hunt around for a used "RL" series fork, way cheaper. Also maybe phone up a few specialized dealers. Some stumpjumpers had mis-spec'd forks (RLs) and there's a chance that they kept them for a small fee instead of shipping them back.

Sept. 9, 2008, 3:48 p.m.

Alright, back to topic…

http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread.php?t=356025

Click play and watch the video, it's definitely worth checking it out despite the German language. The first bike shown in the video, the Liteville 101 4X is pretty much the ultimate 4X hardtail. That thing's a piece of beauty! The frame has proven to be very durable, those guys offer a full 10 year warranty which even covers race usage. Complete bike weighs in at 24lbs, the frame weighs 4.16 lbs.

Sept. 9, 2008, 11:09 p.m.

is the racing there usually pretty chill ?
curious to maybe come out

brokezors