Most pedal-able knee armour?

Aug. 25, 2016, 5:05 p.m.

RF soft goods are all crap, has to be the worst quality I have ever seen.

Clothing and gloves yes I'll agree with that, but I have to differ in my experience with my Flank knee/shin guards.

They are awesome. I've had them 2 years with countless crashes at high and low speed. None of the stitching is coming apart at all, the D30 is still feeling great and flexible with none of the "crumbling" that some of my other friends pads have. I can't speak more highly of these pads. The only thing I could pick to complain about them is that if I'm not careful when I strap them on then some of the velcro folds over a little bit and rubs my leg. As long as you line up the velcro properly it doesn't rub at all.

Double thumbs up from me.

Aug. 25, 2016, 8:14 p.m.

Vedder Mtn Bike carries G-Form and Dakine for those in the FV looking they have some RF as well

#northsidetrailbuilders

Aug. 26, 2016, 2:30 p.m.

Clothing and gloves yes I'll agree with that, but I have to differ in my experience with my Flank knee/shin guards.

They are awesome. I've had them 2 years with countless crashes at high and low speed. None of the stitching is coming apart at all, the D30 is still feeling great and flexible with none of the "crumbling" that some of my other friends pads have. I can't speak more highly of these pads. The only thing I could pick to complain about them is that if I'm not careful when I strap them on then some of the velcro folds over a little bit and rubs my leg. As long as you line up the velcro properly it doesn't rub at all.

Double thumbs up from me.

The Ambush stuff (same as Flank just knee only and elbow only) is really good quality IMO. The Indy lightweight stuff is what falls apart too easily. I'm 2 years of using the Ambush knees and elbows in and out of the park and it's holding up well. Lots of offs and sliding on the knees/elbows in trees too, although no major injury type crashes.

Aug. 26, 2016, 3:36 p.m.

Picked up some Alpinestars Paragon knee pads. Barely notice them on long rides. $40 at NS Sports Swap.

Aug. 26, 2016, 8:53 p.m.

So far the Dekine Slayer pads have been bomb proof. Worn 3 times a week since April, haven't broke down at all.

I picked up a pair of these at Obsession. Hoping they work out to be both comfortable and durable.

Sept. 27, 2016, 7:33 p.m.

Slayers are working out well in the comfort category. After 2 or 3 minutes into a ride, I forget that they're even on. They stay up as well as I would expect. If they stretch out, I figure a wrap of hockey sock tape will keep them in place.

Sept. 27, 2016, 10:26 p.m.

I stopped using armour and I swear it's made me a better rider.

YMMV.

"I'm addicted to surfing."

Sept. 28, 2016, 9:39 a.m.

Slayers are working out well in the comfort category. After 2 or 3 minutes into a ride, I forget that they're even on. They stay up as well as I would expect. If they stretch out, I figure a wrap of hockey sock tape will keep them in place.

Been using mine 2/3 times a week since April.
No sliding down, standing up great.
Wash them in cold every 10 -12 rides or so.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Sept. 28, 2016, 1:06 p.m.

TLD Raids. Pricy as but very comfy and don't slide down your legs. Very happy with mine.

Sept. 28, 2016, 2:32 p.m.

I stopped using armour and I swear it's made me a better rider.

YMMV.

I tried that and really enjoyed my 2 months away from the bike, xray, countless physio appointments and tylenol 3's. What a blast!

:alien:

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 29, 2016, 1:11 a.m.

I'm lookin for some dainese elbow pads, anyone know a place selling them? Thanks

superheros
I like bikes

Sept. 29, 2016, 7:59 a.m.

I'm lookin for some dainese elbow pads, anyone know a place selling them? Thanks

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/dainese-hybrid-elbow-guard-2015/rp-prod128989

"I'm addicted to surfing."