Most pedal-able knee armour?

Aug. 1, 2016, 11:22 p.m.

I've been running the Fox Launch knee pads for over a year and they've been fantastic. They pass the "not knowing they're there" test with flying colours. I pedal up to ride down almost everywhere and I've been impressed since day one. Great price at CRC too.

Aug. 2, 2016, 9:37 a.m.

Anyone try the 7ipd pads yet?

I've had the Flex knees for about a year.

Super comfy but the seams on the trim around the opening behind the knee is coming undone. I keep forgetting to stitch if back up.

They pedal very well and don't move on impact. Mind you, I bought them tight.

The straps over the calf work really well, and there is a layer of fabric over the kneecap area that creates a bit of a trampoline for your kneecap. It totally eliminates raw knees on long rides.

I'd recommend.

Aug. 2, 2016, 9:55 a.m.

http://store.dakine.com/slayer-knee-pad.html

These stay in place and have stood up the best so far. Although everyone's legs are different. These have the best fit for a guy with massive tree trunk legs.
Alpine stars, RF, and POC all broke down way to fast for my liking. Shitty quality seems to be the norm.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Aug. 2, 2016, 11:18 a.m.

http://store.dakine.com/slayer-knee-pad.html

These stay in place and have stood up the best so far. Although everyone's legs are different. These have the best fit for a guy with massive tree trunk legs.
Alpine stars, RF, and POC all broke down way to fast for my liking. Shitty quality seems to be the norm.

I just bought some too. So far comfort is excellent. No chafing and they stay put. I have not tested them yet in a crash. I also have some POC air pads and I get some chafing at times behind the knee but if I rearrange the placement it goes away. I have crashed in these on dirt with no effect to my flesh and they didn't move. I bought the Dakine pads so that I could wash one pair and have another and so that I always a had a dry pair too.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Aug. 2, 2016, 11:56 a.m.

Whatchu guys like for knee armour that can be put on/taken off while not having to remove your shoes? I've been leaving the knee pads at home (even my lightweight fairly breathable Race Face Indy's) because of the heat. I've had some bloody close calls in the last couple of weeks that has me thinking I should ALWAYS have knee protection on the downs even when it's hot and humid out.

I also ride in the California desert sometimes so something with straps to take them on and off and breathable (mostly open back) while still being decent for pedalling would be a winner chicken dinner for me.

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 2, 2016, 12:22 p.m.

Whatchu guys like for knee armour that can be put on/taken off while not having to remove your shoes? I've been leaving the knee pads at home (even my lightweight fairly breathable Race Face Indy's) because of the heat. I've had some bloody close calls in the last couple of weeks that has me thinking I should ALWAYS have knee protection on the downs even when it's hot and humid out.

I also ride in the California desert sometimes so something with straps to take them on and off and breathable (mostly open back) while still being decent for pedalling would be a winner chicken dinner for me.

That means velcro which I can't stand. Plus damages the backs of the pads in the wash. This guy likes the sock system better. Did a big ride Sunday, Seymour, Fromme, Cypress lap. Put them on and off 3/4 times that day, A hassle for sure with the shoes thing but was too hot to wear them all day. Also had a spill on Crippler Saturday morning and the Dakines worked great.

Aug. 2, 2016, 12:22 p.m.

While we're on the topic here…

Just got my wife a killer new steed and she loves it. She's petite, 5'4" but super athletic and in awesome shape. Sports some gorgeous legs too (no pics, fawgettabadit!! LOL).

Wait… Drifted for a second there, forgot what I was posting. OH, RIGHT… Okay, so anyone out there know of decent shin/knee protection combos/brands that are good for chicks?? She's kinda leaning towards the G-Force slip-ons - anyone out there assist their betties with the fitment and function of good protection without added weight, bulk or discomfort??

Hit me up PM not to clutter the board. Or post it here, care not - I just get a sense this is a pretty manly forum so manly things take precedent over asking about womens wear :cougar:

Peace Homies
Dirtier Than You Can Imagine, Le Sanch

"I'm addicted to surfing."

Aug. 2, 2016, 12:43 p.m.

You can't go saying that kind of stuff without posting a pic. It's just…cruel.
;)

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 2, 2016, 12:46 p.m.

That means velcro which I can't stand. Plus damages the backs of the pads in the wash. This guy likes the sock system better. Did a big ride Sunday, Seymour, Fromme, Cypress lap. Put them on and off 3/4 times that day, A hassle for sure with the shoes thing but was too hot to wear them all day. Also had a spill on Crippler Saturday morning and the Dakines worked great.

Ah, valid points. The indy's are so small taht I guess it's no trouble cramming em into the pack. I haven't had a huge crash with them yet though so it makes me think maybe I should just bring the Kyle Straits along (although I find them tough to stuff in there if I've got elbow gear too.)

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 2, 2016, 1:26 p.m.

While we're on the topic here…

Just got my wife a killer new steed and she loves it. She's petite, 5'4" but super athletic and in awesome shape. Sports some gorgeous legs too (no pics, fawgettabadit!! LOL).

Wait… Drifted for a second there, forgot what I was posting. OH, RIGHT… Okay, so anyone out there know of decent shin/knee protection combos/brands that are good for chicks?? She's kinda leaning towards the G-Force slip-ons - anyone out there assist their betties with the fitment and function of good protection without added weight, bulk or discomfort??

Hit me up PM not to clutter the board. Or post it here, care not - I just get a sense this is a pretty manly forum so manly things take precedent over asking about womens wear :cougar:

Peace Homies
Dirtier Than You Can Imagine, Le Sanch

My wife has gone with youth pads with the most success.
Other xs sizes slide down on her chicken legs.

I'm dead when she reads this….

Aug. 2, 2016, 2:13 p.m.

My wife has gone with youth pads with the most success.
Other xs sizes slide down on her chicken legs.

I'm dead when she reads this….

Ya, we're looking at some youth stuff too but a lot of it is thus far "youth quality". Change "chicken legs" to "finger licking good" and she'll love ya for the post LOL.

You can't go saying that kind of stuff without posting a pic. It's just…cruel.
;)

I just can't… Only my fap material, get yer own :coo:

Aug. 2, 2016, 2:20 p.m.

Ya, we're looking at some youth stuff too but a lot of it is thus far "youth quality". Change "chicken legs" to "finger licking good" and she'll love ya for the post LOL.

I just can't… Only my fap material, get yer own :coo:

Here is some info

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 2, 2016, 2:22 p.m.

I quite like these. Very lightweight, but offer good protection and don't slip. Light enough that I can push them down to my calves when climbing and not notice them:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/dainese-trail-skins-knee-guard-2016/rp-prod118469

Aug. 2, 2016, 3:45 p.m.

Hmm…there's something kind of spy vs spy about those. I'm dating myself aren't I.

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 2, 2016, 4:40 p.m.

Hmm…there's something kind of spy vs spy about those. I'm dating myself aren't I.

:grinno: