Most pedal-able knee armour?

May 11, 2014, 2:08 p.m.

I just picked up some Indys from Dunbar as well (nice guys, btw). I haven't run pads for a few years, but these are pretty unobtrusive. The d30 goo is neat stuff (though I've yet to impact test them). I guess that would equate to a thumbs up.

May 11, 2014, 3:46 p.m.

My POC VPDs 1.0 have been pretty good. I tend to not pedal in armour anymore though. They didnt shred the back of my legs like the 661 Straits did when I wore those.

Once the POCs go, I'll likely go to a plastic capped knee for DH and something like a G-Form for fall pedals

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 4, 2014, 10:54 a.m.

still using the 661 Kyle Strait for XC rides when its too cold for bare knees. also used then many times for more aggressive riding in warm weather

never found them uncomfortable. the slightly more rigid shape of the plastic cap that is hidden inside the fabric layering seems to keep the inside of this pad away from the knee whilst pedalling

this is in contrast to the 661 d3o I also own, which I found too flexible causing rubbing on the knee(no cap inside) and hardly ever wear, when the opposite should be true according to the reasoning behind a d3o style pad?

I have been using the Kyle Straits at Whistler and even when it's a bit hot out I'm not minding them. I used to hate them but either I'm just manning up, I've broken them in or I have the velcro straps dialed in. They have definitely saved my knees and I think they will always be on any rides that are technical (ie most of the stuff in Whistler.)

Wrong. Always.

July 5, 2014, 8:37 a.m.

I miss the fit of the Straits… A bit much for pedaling, but I find I am stuck between sizes with most other common styles/ brands.

GForms are good, but the sleeve sucks. Been searching for a lite, short pair of knee warmers to transfer the pads over to.

Does anyone local carry Dianese?

July 5, 2014, 9:09 a.m.

I picked up the indy's a couple months ago, they're awesome and feel great even for long hours of pedalling, rarely bunch up and they work well on impacts to the knee too. Best of all, they really aren't hot, even on the hottest days. Would purchase again, definitely.

July 5, 2014, 9:57 a.m.

My POC VPDs 1.0 have been pretty good. I tend to not pedal in armour anymore though. They didnt shred the back of my legs like the 661 Straits did when I wore those.

Once the POCs go, I'll likely go to a plastic capped knee for DH and something like a G-Form for fall pedals

I have the POC's too. Been pedaling with them for 2 seasons now. Wish I had the spare C note for the elbows too… I like em.

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

July 5, 2014, 2:42 p.m.

Does anyone local carry Dianese?

I ordered a pair online through chainreaction.com in the large and had them 4 days later. I ordered a large size and found they pedalled very well (based on a single ride doing a large Bridle Path loop). I ordered large based on the measurements available on the dainese site. The area around the straps fit well but there is some open space around the pad and my knees. Am going to try them on Fromme next week as I'll inevitably crash on Ladies ;) and that should give me a better idea as to whether it's the right size or not. If not, I'll have a pair of large and barely used Dianese pads for sale….;)

July 7, 2014, 12:02 p.m.

might be an idea to sew pads into baselayers, like 661 do, then use baggy clothing over that.

http://revanchebikeco.wordpress.com/

Sept. 30, 2014, 3:26 p.m.

Who carries G-Form in Canada now?

MEC.ca doesn't have any pads, and the website lists no CDN distributor.

Sept. 30, 2014, 3:44 p.m.

What's the fucking deal with MEC these days? Their stock of cycling shit blows goats! It's like they think people only ride their bikes in the summer. Pull your heads out of your granola asses, MEC and provide the goods! Fuck I'm mad.

(Today is over-react day.)

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 30, 2014, 4:06 p.m.

Dainese Trail Skins are the ticket (if you can find them). I'll ride for several hours with 4K feet of climbing and I pretty much forget about them. Came from 661 Straits. Medium in both, FYI. Much lighter, cooler and way more compact than the Straits.

Sept. 30, 2014, 4:24 p.m.

Dainese Trail Skins are the ticket (if you can find them). I'll ride for several hours with 4K feet of climbing and I pretty much forget about them. Came from 661 Straits. Medium in both, FYI. Much lighter, cooler and way more compact than the Straits.

Where did you buy? Any idea how sizing compares to race face knees (usually wear a large)?

Sept. 30, 2014, 5:47 p.m.

I looked at those Trail Skins on mtbr. Haven't seen Dianese armour in Canada for years. Not for myself, but for my dad

I assume like all things euro the sizing is going to run small, which will be good for myself, not good for fat asses.

I'm really hoping the 7 Protection fits small.

Sept. 30, 2014, 7:09 p.m.

POC Air knee pad looks interesting for next year

Sept. 30, 2014, 7:18 p.m.

What's the fucking deal with MEC these days? Their stock of cycling shit blows goats! It's like they think people only ride their bikes in the summer. Pull your heads out of your granola asses, MEC and provide the goods! Fuck I'm mad.

(Today is over-react day.)