montreal

May 30, 2013, 4:33 p.m.

Any suggestions for tires for summertime montreal? I just got here with a tireless bike. No idea what the trails are like, but i'm guessing the minions arent the best choice…riding style: up and down. Any respurces for the area, not in french, are appreciated

May 30, 2013, 5:43 p.m.

You can try this forum:
http://www.allezy.net/forum/

It's in french (sorry), but go ahead posting in english, almost everybody there are speaking english too. They can point you to great riding spots and suggest appropriate tires. Do you have a car? AFAIK, most nice trails in Mtl are accessible by car, as they are outside the city.

I'm thinking Hans Dampf will be recommended. I like Conti Trail Kings 2.2 personally and Crossmark 2.25 are also quite popular for the dry conditions.

Good luck! :)

May 31, 2013, 5:12 a.m.

I can do the french with some effort, just being lazy…must get over it. good link. Like you said, lots of votes for crossmarks…
In the meanwhile, rode the GP track last night. This town has a good attitude toward biking, it`s gonna be good.
thanks

June 3, 2013, 7:28 p.m.

Dude just slap some minions DHF front and back and you're gold. Riding here is just in and out with rain so it's always at least a little bit tacky, but rarely full on slop. I ride 2.35 DHF's all year all day everyday