Modern Slayer versus 2014 E29

Aug. 23, 2019, 8:14 p.m.

Posted by: DemonMike

I guess we will see the weapon of choice for them next year. They may swap back and forth depending on the course. And with the more modern GEO , that does help with the overall handling. I tried a 2019 Spartan 29er , it impressed the hell out of me. My current bike is a 150/120mm 29er and the Spartan was nicer to climb with truthfully.

You probably messed up the STA, bb drop and more by overworking that much

Aug. 23, 2019, 8:48 p.m.

Posted by: Endur-Bro

Posted by: DemonMike

I guess we will see the weapon of choice for them next year. They may swap back and forth depending on the course. And with the more modern GEO , that does help with the overall handling. I tried a 2019 Spartan 29er , it impressed the hell out of me. My current bike is a 150/120mm 29er and the Spartan was nicer to climb with truthfully.

You probably messed up the STA, bb drop and more by overworking that much

It has a 1.5deg angleset and is set in the low position , pretty close to stock. It,s a 2017 Django.

Aug. 23, 2019, 9:41 p.m.

Was the STA fairly slack to begin with? 

Most bikes feel pretty unridable compared to my G16 tbh.

Aug. 24, 2019, 5:11 a.m.

Posted by: Endur-Bro

Was the STA fairly slack to begin with?

Most bikes feel pretty unridable compared to my G16 tbh.

Stock HTA is 68, sits around 66.5 or so , STA is around 74 and a bit , stock is 75.5 or so. The 2020 Django is a more forward geo design. Chatted a bit with the mechanic at the demo day. Super fun bike , just runs out of travel on some trails. It has been fun destroying my PR,s set with a bigger travel smaller wheeled bike.

Last edited by: DemonMike on Aug. 24, 2019, 5:12 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 26, 2019, 9:23 p.m.

My Slayer is working out well enough I got one for my son!

Lucky kid. Ended up with a 2019 full XT with full factory including a coil, carbon bits and Stans Flow. She’s a beaut!!

Sept. 27, 2019, 4:10 p.m.

Beauty, and lucky kid... you get the second one from a Rocky pro or something? Don't remember stealth black being offered?

Sept. 27, 2019, 5:03 p.m.

My sons is a stock 2019. They offered all black this year (but with an air shock). Mine is also a stock colour from 2018 (matte dark grey) but it was a pros movie bike so it’s got orange lettering to make Rocky visible.

Sept. 27, 2019, 5:13 p.m.

Posted by: Ddean

My Slayer is working out well enough I got one for my son!

Lucky kid. Ended up with a 2019 full XT with full factory including a coil, carbon bits and Stans Flow. She’s a beaut!!

Can you adopt me?

Oct. 12, 2019, 11:06 p.m.

I hear you Synchro but I’m looking at it like this:

He’s a good kid - gets in no trouble 

He loves to ride

Most (95%) of the time he is riding its him and I. He is almost 15. 

I cherish this time with him. I fear it’s short lived as most kids his age want nothing to do with hanging out with their dads. He and I spend so much time just hanging out riding - a good activity for him that hopefully will teach him life skills- and he’s an awesome rider and not below the need for an awesome bike. 

It comes down to maximizing his experience of riding with me for as long as I can. If he thinks riding with dad is wicked forever then that will be an incredible win. Whatever it takes to keep him fired up that’s what I’ll do because I will look back (in probably not that long) and say these were the best of days.

Oct. 13, 2019, 12:37 a.m.

He loves to ride

I cherish this time with him. I fear it’s short lived as most kids his age want nothing to do with hanging out with their dads. He and I spend so much time just hanging out riding - a good activity for him that hopefully will teach him life skills- and he’s an awesome rider and not below the need for an awesome bike. 

It comes down to maximizing his experience of riding with me for as long as I can. If he thinks riding with dad is wicked forever then that will be an incredible win. Whatever it takes to keep him fired up that’s what I’ll do because I will look back (in probably not that long) and say these were the best of days.

He loves to ride

It is nice to read something like this! I’d say there are not many opportunities where money is spent as fitting/well as here.

Enjoy your father/son time to the max! I had a father once who also prioritized on riding with me and supported me with nice bikes (and I was a good kid, too) and while I am now sad that he died too early, I have had so many great times with him riding and that still makes me happy often!

You are doing great as a dad!

Oct. 13, 2019, 8:21 a.m.

I hear you Synchro... 

oh for sure, I think it's awesome that you two have something you can connect over

Oct. 16, 2019, 10:21 a.m.

He loves to ride

#dadgoals dude, said it before but hoping this is in my future (along with skiing and ski touring eventually). Quality time outdoors is priceless.

Oct. 16, 2019, 3:18 p.m.

Im sure it will be! 

Just make the high fives and fist bumps non-stop, keep food in your pocket and make sure that the kid is properly dressed and protected and the rest is pretty easy.

And icecream or slurpies or McFlurries after every ride to keep the stoke going. Its like apres' but so much better.

Oct. 16, 2019, 5:15 p.m.

$1 ice cream at McDonald’s in the summer 👌

With the McDonalds app, could sometimes get free fries or a cheeseburger with the $1 ice cream purchase too.