modding standard shimano shifters to be i-spec?

Jan. 17, 2015, 3:43 a.m.

I hope this is the appropriate forum, I'm new on the forum. I've had sram shifters the last few bikes. I have deore shifters and brakes on my new ripley special blend. I was researching the brakes and they are i-spec compatible similar to srams unified mounting system. anyways, you can lose one of the clamps and mount the shifter directly to the brake lever and save a little space and weight on your controls. I'd like to do this and mod the front shifter to control my seatpost, because the current lever isn't that good.
Shimano has a pdf that vaguely says its possible but the instructions kind of suck.

Have any of you guys successfully converted the crappy mount (m610) to the direct mount (m610 ispec)?

If so is there a good document or video to help learn this technique ?

_ChampfT

Jan. 18, 2015, 7:06 a.m.

I'd like to do this and mod the front shifter to control my seatpost, because the current lever isn't that good.
Shimano has a pdf that vaguely says its possible but the instructions kind of suck.

Ha! You think Shimanos instructions suck? Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaaaaaaaa
Have perused the instruction pamphlet that accompanies your dropper post?
Whooooooooooow………:crazy:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 18, 2015, 7:17 a.m.

http://www.vitalmtb.com/features/How-To-Connect-Your-Dropper-Post-to-Shimano-or-SRAM-Front-Shifter,839