MEC = Dangerous

May 25, 2009, 8:18 p.m.

Shop local!

I do too much of that too…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

May 25, 2009, 8:19 p.m.

Andrew how long you in the Fraser Valley?

leaving thursday - need to ride at least one night - Tuesday or Wednesday.

My blog - read it!

May 25, 2009, 8:21 p.m.

What, they wouldn't let you trade cases of beer for parts???

No - and I keep looking for the "beer equivalent" pricing. always disappointing that people won't go for my new economic system…oh well - one day you will be able to buy anything with either beer or canadian tire money!!!

My blog - read it!

May 25, 2009, 9 p.m.

beer [HTML_REMOVED] cdn tire money

May 25, 2009, 9:15 p.m.

I don't get MEC at all. Here they are supporting the Sierra Club yet are selling mountain bike gear.

Of course the biking you do should only be done on the Galloping goose trail or the
Sea wall. That's where mountain bikes belong, on roads.

If you want to know how the Sierra club works, move to Kauai for a while.

Fuck the Sierra Club.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

May 25, 2009, 9:33 p.m.

beer [HTML_REMOVED] cdn tire money

exactly - we really need some accurate exchange rates.

My blog - read it!

May 26, 2009, 12:41 a.m.

Fuck MEC and the Sierra Club. When i saw the thread title, I thought it was going to be about their unholy alliance.

May 26, 2009, 6:19 a.m.

what your not going to climb in the summer:evil:

Already have most of that gear… and I tend to work so much in the summer I've no time to climb. :(

May 26, 2009, 7:21 a.m.

I dropped into the North Van outlet on my way through from Courtenay to Abby today and was probably in and out in 25 minutes…and $250! That's like $10 a minute!!! YIKES!

New 510 shoes
climbing harness
biggest eff-off bike lock they sell (it's freakin HUGE - no one's gonna be stealing my bike unless they pack either dynamite or an angle grinder)
copy of Kranked 6

had to leave- my eyes were wandering over to the back-pack area - always dangerous ground…

I swear - if they ever start talking about putting an MEC in the Comox Valley I will lead a protest AGAINST it! I need to eat!!

So you admit you are lacking in mental fortitude.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 26, 2009, 7:26 a.m.

The Arbuckle beer and wine store and A[HTML_REMOVED]W in Courtenay used to take Canadian Tire money. Funny watching someone buy Lucky with CT money. :lol:

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

May 26, 2009, 8:25 a.m.

So you admit you are lacking in mental fortitude.

you know you're a gear monger too - admit it.

the day they issued you your ruck, webbing, compass, boots etc (your KIT) was one of the happiest in your life.

come on - you know its true…

My blog - read it!

May 26, 2009, 8:37 a.m.

you know you're a gear monger too - admit it.

the day they issued you your ruck, webbing, compass, boots etc (your KIT) was one of the happiest in your life.

come on - you know its true…

Ruck march Thursday! :woot:

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

May 26, 2009, 11:13 a.m.

MEC is representing 3 million users at this point ,very close to 1/10th of canada … so there is going to be some overlap

Its a small world ,I believe in designating land use for different users so maybe you lose something and gain something else this isnt going to make everyone happy but thats reality … we used to rip up burnaby mtn on motocross bikes with expansion chambers and no silencer's but I don't believe for a minute that I had or have any right to do that

May 26, 2009, 11:38 a.m.

Its a small world ,I believe in designating land use for different users so maybe you lose something and gain something else this isnt going to make everyone happy but thats reality … we used to rip up burnaby mtn on motocross bikes with expansion chambers and no silencer's but I don't believe for a minute that I had or have any right to do that

I agree, what you are saying is common sense really. And therefore other groups should not be keeping us out of areas that we are legally allowed to use. If we're not allowed, then by all means, get us out of there.

They cross the line when they are trying to make an area off limits to other users - either they don't understand our activities, are afraid to understand it, and/or they simply are elitist NIMBY pricks who want it all to themselves.

May 26, 2009, 12:45 p.m.

I agree, what you are saying is common sense really. And therefore other groups should not be keeping us out of areas that we are legally allowed to use. If we're not allowed, then by all means, get us out of there.

They cross the line when they are trying to make an area off limits to other users - either they don't understand our activities, are afraid to understand it, and/or they simply are elitist NIMBY pricks who want it all to themselves.

Sierra club wants every mountain biker off of every mountain. They start off with
"just" this are or "just" that area for this reason or that. Once they get you out
of one area, they work on the next.

Fuck Sierra club.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons