MEC = Dangerous

May 25, 2009, 6:26 p.m.

I dropped into the North Van outlet on my way through from Courtenay to Abby today and was probably in and out in 25 minutes…and $250! That's like $10 a minute!!! YIKES!

New 510 shoes
climbing harness
biggest eff-off bike lock they sell (it's freakin HUGE - no one's gonna be stealing my bike unless they pack either dynamite or an angle grinder)
copy of Kranked 6

had to leave- my eyes were wandering over to the back-pack area - always dangerous ground…

I swear - if they ever start talking about putting an MEC in the Comox Valley I will lead a protest AGAINST it! I need to eat!!

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

May 25, 2009, 6:30 p.m.

Thanks for supporting the Sierra Club!

May 25, 2009, 6:32 p.m.

:lol:

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

May 25, 2009, 6:32 p.m.

Hah, yes but they also support the sport locally too…but I guess it's just too easy to point out negatives than it is positives.

May 25, 2009, 6:43 p.m.

climbing harness
had to leave- my eyes were wandering over to the back-pack area - always dangerous ground…

I swear - if they ever start talking about putting an MEC in the Comox Valley I will lead a protest AGAINST it! I need to eat!!

cough cough valhalla pure outfitters. theres one in courtney on 5th. cough cough

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 25, 2009, 6:44 p.m.

cough cough valhalla pure outfitters. theres one in courtney on 5th. cough cough

I know - I stay away from there too…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

May 25, 2009, 6:51 p.m.

Hah, yes but they also support the sport locally too…but I guess it's just too easy to point out negatives than it is positives.

Its nice to support the local scene, but its kind of pointless when you look at the big picture and that big picture is looking to keep us out of wilderness areas. And that's not local, that's international. But that new shovel and burger makes you forget all about the negatives huh?

So pick your cause, I won't support those who give money to environmental nutjob organizations filled with Monica Craver types.

May 25, 2009, 7 p.m.

MEC's like a drug dealer - they'll get you started with a cheap sport and start pushing the expensive gear once you're hooked.

I'm looking at $3k+ for some ice climbing gear for next winter… :( :D

May 25, 2009, 7:06 p.m.

I'm looking at $3k+ for some ice climbing gear for next winter… :( :D

what your not going to climb in the summer:evil:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 25, 2009, 7:36 p.m.

So pick your cause, I won't support those who give money to environmental nutjob organizations filled with Monica Craver types.

I couldn't put it better. Fanatic's looking for some smuk to open their wallets.

May 25, 2009, 7:38 p.m.

Andrew how long you in the Fraser Valley?

May 25, 2009, 7:49 p.m.

Shop local!

May 25, 2009, 8:04 p.m.

Its nice to support the local scene, but its kind of pointless when you look at the big picture and that big picture is looking to keep us out of wilderness areas. And that's not local, that's international. But that new shovel and burger makes you forget all about the negatives huh?

ya but wayne is it you they wana keep out of the BC or you and your motor … don't they kind of support the self propelled genre ?

and those store's like MEC and VP are only dangerous until you have one or two of everything … at which point you realize there is simply nothing left to live for in life

May 25, 2009, 8:14 p.m.

I dropped into the North Van outlet on my way through from Courtenay to Abby today and was probably in and out in 25 minutes…and $250! That's like $10 a minute!!! YIKES!

What, they wouldn't let you trade cases of beer for parts???

May 25, 2009, 8:16 p.m.

ya but wayne is it you they wana keep out of the BC or you and your motor … don't they kind of support the self propelled genre ?

Well of course. Add to that mountain bikers.

Why is one group trying to dictate to another group how or if they use the wilderness? Kind of like if a hiking group decided that you can no longer access your favourite mountain bike riding area. Same thing. How would that make you feel that another group is trying to decide for you? I am legally using an area that no other user group is using yet somehow its wrong? That's a whole lotta bullshit.

I'm a responsible user through motorized and non motorized means. Just because some other nutjob organization does not like it doesn't make it wrong for me to do so.

I don't get MEC at all. Here they are supporting the Sierra Club yet are selling mountain bike gear.