Manitou Mezzer Fork

Sept. 5, 2019, 11:11 a.m.

Posted by: Taz123

I wasn't a huge fan of the Auron. See my reviews in the Sticky above. I ended up getting rid of it after the testing/review. From what I understand, the Durolox may be a different story.

I can't say enough good things about the DVO Diamond - stiff and very tuneable for the clydesdale in each of us.

I'm leaning towards buying the DVO Diamond in the spring.  Just wanna see the review on the mezzer first.  Who sells the DVO in town? After exchange/duty could get a bit spendy.

Sept. 5, 2019, 3:07 p.m.

SuspensionWerx at one point carried DVO, I think that they still do. Otherwise, anyone with a Live to Play (Norco) account should be able to order one for you.

You're fee to come take a ride on my bike in October once the Mezzer is mounted and dialed in.

I know that Andrew Major has a Mezzer in hand for testing and possibly an article is on its way on this very site. He picked his up a day (or two) before I was in for mine.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Last edited by: rnayel on Sept. 5, 2019, 3:11 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 6, 2019, 10:21 p.m.

Get ahold of Matt with Evolve bikes - he can spec bikes with DVO and has an OEM line-up.

matt@evolvebikes.ca

Sept. 9, 2019, 10:13 a.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

I'm leaning towards buying the DVO Diamond in the spring.  Just wanna see the review on the mezzer first.  Who sells the DVO in town? After exchange/duty could get a bit spendy.

I'm really happy with my DVO Beryl--it's got simpler internals than the Diamond but same chassis.

I also had the Auron 34 as part of NSMB's test program. I liked it more than the Fox 34 Performance Grip. For my uses, I felt it was on par with my Fox 36 Performance Grip. The Beryl has the same external adjustments as both of the above, but the OTT (internal in the Beryl) offers a really supple start to the stroke and better overall control of the travel. I'm not overly picky about my suspension, but even I can tell the DVO works better.

Sept. 9, 2019, 8:27 p.m.

The DVO's feel great - the negative coil spring (OTT) gives a lot of the suppleness of a full coil fork. I hopped back on my big bike (Fox 36, Grip2) after riding my SS a lot with a Sapphire 34 and I honestly thought the 36 needed a warranty. It feels rubbish off the top compared, although the Grip2 damper is pretty refined. 

The new 170/80mm DVO Onyx SC 29" fork is available in a couple weeks, but with a big trip planned I decided not to wait and have a Smashpot for my 36.

Sept. 10, 2019, 12:09 a.m.

275 Onyx is $785 USD direct from DVO now. 😮

Sept. 15, 2019, 11:45 p.m.

Look here

https://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/manitou-mezzer-1102541.html

I think the positive views of the different users gets pretty clear and that they like it much more than concurrence products from RS DVO and others.

My Mezzer is already ordered and hope to mount it to my mde damper in 2 weeks, when the frame is back. 

As I have owned 2 mattoc pro, I knew it would be a killer fork if they could even refine all of attributes only 1 step.