looking for the ultimate travel mug

Dec. 28, 2011, 11:55 a.m.

now you need one of these..

i'm still looking for a good deal.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Dec. 28, 2011, 12:05 p.m.

now you need one of these..

picked up one of these

for a fraction of what those things cost and i'm pretty happy with it

i'm still looking for a good deal.

try the bankruptcy auctions ;)

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Dec. 28, 2011, 12:19 p.m.

picked up one of these

for a fraction of what those things cost and i'm pretty happy with it

try the bankruptcy auctions ;)

I have had a couple Moka pots, and have a stainless Bialetti Venus nwo, there is no comparison..

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Dec. 28, 2011, 2:01 p.m.

I have had a couple Moka pots, and have a stainless Bialetti Venus nwo, there is no comparison..

They're cheap at Bosa. They used to carry bialetti, now they have a new brand made by a guy who left Bialetti to start it.

Get stainless steel.

Moka's make the best coffee.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Dec. 28, 2011, 6:07 p.m.

wow, $50 plus shipping for a used travel mug

Just so you can feel extra Yuppie in the morning as you look down you nose at those who droe in to work.:P

http://www.mykawartha.com/news/article/1266406--police-release-name-of-man-electrocuted

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Dec. 28, 2011, 8:01 p.m.

http://www.mykawartha.com/news/article/1266406--police-release-name-of-man-electrocuted

Its unclear which brand of stainless mug he was holding at the time

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 28, 2011, 8:10 p.m.

They're cheap at Bosa. They used to carry bialetti, now they have a new brand made by a guy who left Bialetti to start it.

Get stainless steel.

Moka's make the best coffee.

huh? I said I'd had two.. a real espresso machine is better.

Dec. 28, 2011, 8:29 p.m.

I have two of these - easy to clean, great seal, no parts to come apart.

If you can find one go for it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Starbucks-Coffee-Travel-Mug-Stainless-16-OZ-RARE-SOLD-OUT-2010-/170752839709?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0[HTML_REMOVED]hash=item27c1a9901d#ht_500wt_1156

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Dec. 29, 2011, 12:20 a.m.

This machine changed my life. And it saves me money every day.

www.vitalmtb.com

Dec. 30, 2011, 3:21 p.m.

how do you guys use yours?

i've had the same stainless one-hitter for years and i find i change things up every 6-months to a year. recently i've taken to filling the coffee chamber with finely ground expresso; pre-loading the upper part with a couple of table spoons of water, so the first bits of coffee to come up don't land on super-heated metal; and drinking the resulting coffee - strong brew but not super caffeinated - with (soy) creamer

i have friends that treat what comes out of the pot as expresso, cutting it liberally with water; others who don't even bother with a bit of water in the upper chamber and drink it straight; some folks pack the coffee in the chamber down and others keep it loose; and some people swear by plain coffee beans, while others only use expresso roasted, and still others will employ whatever is on hand…

thoughts? let's sweat the technique!

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Dec. 31, 2011, 4:30 a.m.

others who don't even bother with a bit of water in the upper chamber and drink it straight; some folks pack the coffee in the chamber down and others keep it loose; and some people swear by plain coffee beans, while others only use expresso roasted, and still others will employ whatever is on hand…

that's my routine
when I pack the coffee down in the chamber, sometimes that chokes the pot though.

anyhow, I recently put the pot aside and bought myself an ascaso dream after having bought a gaggia classic that was defective straight out of the box.
when I returned the gaggia, the new machine I got also was defective, so I gave up, got my money back and bought an ascaso, gaggia should rethink their quality control…

Dec. 31, 2011, 9:48 a.m.

i've had the same stainless one-hitter for years and i find i change things up every 6-months to a year. recently i've taken to filling the coffee chamber with finely ground expresso; pre-loading the upper part with a couple of table spoons of water, so the first bits of coffee to come up don't land on super-heated metal; and drinking the resulting coffee - strong brew but not super caffeinated - with (soy) creamer

i have friends that treat what comes out of the pot as expresso, cutting it liberally with water; others who don't even bother with a bit of water in the upper chamber and drink it straight; some folks pack the coffee in the chamber down and others keep it loose; and some people swear by plain coffee beans, while others only use expresso roasted, and still others will employ whatever is on hand…

I say skip the 'spro, the creamer, [HTML_REMOVED] get back to basics. Well-ground, locally roasted beans that are pressed after dwelling for 3mins ftw. Between JJ [HTML_REMOVED] 49th, one can get beautiful flavours from in-season bean roasted earlier in the week. Then it's just a $25 press pot [HTML_REMOVED] more $$ left in my wallet than messing with expensive, counter-hogging home machine. Use the shop's burr grinder [HTML_REMOVED] get a 1/2lb bag of single origin goodness. Less is more. If you live in the sticks, get your own burr grinder [HTML_REMOVED] never look back. The stuff coming out of El Salvador is pretty amazing right now.

NSMBA member.

Dec. 31, 2011, 6:06 p.m.

..with (soy) creamer

How can you even call yourself a coffee drinker if you pollute a fine cup with that crap?!

Dec. 31, 2011, 6:11 p.m.

I enjoy a good double americano if I go to the coffee shop, otherwise I'm a Bodum (french press) type of guy. 6 scoops locally roasted from Oso Negro (my favorite is a blend with Ethiopian peaberry beans) finely ground that morning per litre of water heated to just under a boil. Let sit for at least 5 minutes and enjoy.

I add a little Organic Cream; no estrogen-induced male breasts from Soy Milk for me!!

Jan. 1, 2012, 11:10 p.m.

KILL ME NOW.

treezz
wow you are a ass