look at what im buying!

July 12, 2003, 8:59 a.m.

Originally posted by crazyguy
yeah i knwo but my lbs cant get yeti and they couldnt match the price on the wheel so they told me to go online

word, Im just flippin ya shit.

Dumonde Tech is the best lube by far, and yes, white lightning is shit, but not as bad as shimano chains

SOR

July 12, 2003, 9:40 a.m.

Originally posted by WBC
:rolleyes:

I'm all about the lbs support but when you can get product that either your lbs doesn't ever stock, or at half the price your shop suggets, then of course I'm going to go online. In most cases with the lbs, the pimp new market equipment is available but it's in their catalogue and they make you pay to ship it to them, and you pay exhorbitant costs.

For example I ride arrow fastwheel rims, which I ordered online from the u.s. the first shop I found in town that could even get them in said $200 for the rim, or $150 for the free ride model. The next shop said they could beat that, and said $150 for the dh rim plus shipping then taxes of course, so basically $200 again.

The online price for the rim is $69.00 usd. So I picked a few up, and some other gack, for the exchange of course, and about 80$ cdn for the shipping and brokerage coming up here. Even if I had to pay 30 usd to ship it up here by itself it would still have been cheaper than buying from my lbs.

So keep your eyes open when spending bling for many items because most lbs' can't match up with the high volume online guys that have better access to the pimp parts to boot.

July 12, 2003, 9:57 a.m.

most the time my lbs tries to match up deals. But for parts i have a twenty percent discount with no tax so i can normall get things cheaper than what they are online but the wheel would have been around 10 bucks more and my discount doesnt work on frames and bikes so i just bought the wheel along with the frame from go ride

also my shop doesnt carry yeti but there is one shop in town but my shop said they would rather have me go online:lol: