long travel wagon wheelers

March 24, 2020, 8:18 a.m.

Hi, 

The decision was really tough:) but in the end went for Raaw Madonna v2. 

Reason - could not justify £700 more for G-1. I know you get plenty extra for that bucks, but still...

In process of building the bike, so don't have any riding impressions (and looks like I won't have any any soon because of the lockdown).

Cheers!

March 24, 2020, 8:51 a.m.

Posted by: Bagheera

Posted by: human_touch

Switchbacks are easy as long as they're not on flat ground. Everybody tells me it must be impossible to get that bike through switchbacks, but guess what? It's actually easier. Don't know why, probably because steep inside lines don't seem as steep anymore, so I attack them with more confidence.

Big wheels, more stability more speed going down OR up, riding the banks of corners, ride over stuff or pick lines where  I previously i would have ridden around obstacles

March 25, 2020, 8:01 a.m.

Posted by: Bagheera

Hey, I'm looking for a new bike, shortlisted GeoMetron G1 and Raaw Madonna V2. Ridden G1 on 2 occasions, second time with full setup for my weight and style. Liked the bike, felt very confidence boosting on steep tech stuff. Unfortunately didn't have chance to test its behaviour on slower trails with closed turns and tight switchbacks - I'm bit worried how the slack HA would impact the behaviour there.

As someone riding a long bike with a 63.3 HTA: Switchbacks are easy as long as they're not on flat ground. Everybody tells me it must be impossible to get that bike through switchbacks, but guess what? It's actually easier. Don't know why, probably because steep inside lines don't seem as steep anymore, so I attack them with more confidence.

I've had a few 63' HAs (and one even slacker) and they get around corners fine primarily because the steeper seat angle puts you forward on the bike so In practice It's not as slack as It seems.

April 4, 2020, 4:09 a.m.

Hi, 

The decision was really tough:) but in the end went for Raaw Madonna v2. 

Reason - could not justify £700 more for G-1. I know you get plenty extra for that bucks, but still...

In process of building the bike, so don't have any riding impressions (and looks like I won't have any any soon because of the lockdown).

Cheers!

Good call. THe V2 looks so good - I went to order one but the sold out the next two runs while we were working out which linkage would best suit my set up. I'm actually glad, the cash is handy now with lockdown.

May 1, 2020, 5:42 a.m.

Posted by: JBV

yesterday was new bike day. the Slayer above. one brief maiden ride in the pouring rain, not what i was hoping for after weeks of gorgeous weather but hey, a ride is a ride. it's going to take some time to adjust to, to sort out, all the normal stuff. other than that, well, as you can see it is what it is. utterly insane, fucking bad ass. essentially. i can only aspire to be man enough to tame the beast. this is an 'aspirational' bike. at 52 i've got oh, say about 10 years if i'm lucky of pushing limits. this is the tool of exploration. i reckon.

Nice looking bike. I'm 51 and I have no plans to stop shredding. I know two riders over 75 who are still killing it. Enjoy the Slayer.

Last edited by: Vikb on May 1, 2020, 5:42 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 1, 2020, 8:01 a.m.

Nice ride!! I turn 52 in a couple of weeks. Still shredding with youngsters one third to half my age and keeping up for the most part... you are never too old...

Last edited by: GladePlayboy on May 1, 2020, 8:02 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 1, 2020, 11:02 p.m.

Anybody here have any insight about the Evil Offering, their 140mm 29er?

Just sold my trusty old Reign this evening :'( To a guy that was in his 60's, speaking of old legends.

May 2, 2020, 7:56 a.m.

I ride with a guy that has one. He loves it and ended up selling his wreckoning as it was capable for pretty much everything a mortal needs other than full on DH. 

I’ve only tried it for a quick spin and s as t 6’2” the large felt good and it definitely has a nice feel when pedalling up. 

They sure are pricey though. At the price of a frame I would be looking at the Druid as well.

May 2, 2020, 10:34 a.m.

Cheers, that's just what I was looking for. I'll likely trade up my Trance and pick one up. 

Fit is such a tricky thing with bikes. There seems to be no rhyme or reason between stack and reach numbers. 

Even with a massive data base of geo numbers from riding experience buying a bike sight unseen gives one pause.