long travel wagon wheelers

Jan. 6, 2020, 2:47 p.m.

You can't even buy the bike though. The website just offers Coffee mugs and Shirts for sale.

Jan. 6, 2020, 2:53 p.m.

Posted by: T-mack

You can't even buy the bike though. The website just offers Coffee mugs and Shirts for sale.

You're right that it's vapourware at this point, hopefully by early spring we'll hear more but you would think something would be happening by now. FFS, the Pinkbike review of Robot Bikes is from 2016: (why can't I embed a link?)

Last edited by: robnow on Jan. 6, 2020, 2:54 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 6, 2020, 3:25 p.m.

Posted by: robnow

You're right that it's vapourware at this point, hopefully by early spring we'll hear more but you would think something would be happening by now. FFS, the Pinkbike review of Robot Bikes is from 2016: (why can't I embed a link?)

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/robot-bike-co-r160-custom-review-2016.html

Jan. 14, 2020, 12:40 a.m.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/raaw-madonna-v2-refined-and-faster.html

Jan. 14, 2020, 6:57 a.m.

Yay that bike screams buyme!!!! Love the finish and the raw alloy look. I can live with over built shock mounts and the fact it,s only made in aluminum. And the fact it,s a design that won,t change in 6mths. V1 one version lasted 2.5yrs , I feel this will do the same. This is what more companies need to do.

Jan. 14, 2020, 8:56 a.m.

too steep

too low

nice though

Jan. 14, 2020, 10:13 a.m.

according to their IG, you can buy them now, just have to contact them directly for details.  guess they're sloooowly easing into production.

Jan. 14, 2020, 12:32 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

too steep

too low

nice though

What is too steep? =)

The seat tube angle is a revelation for long legged and or tall people. 

I´ve spent the year on a V1 Madonna and have now sold off all my other bikes with different geometry. In comparison they are unridable. 

Seriously - as good as the Madonna looks on paper - ride one and you will buy one if it generally is your type of bike and you have rowdy trails (and you've got LOADS of them in BC) ;-)

And then, a full riding season later you'll love it more, because the bearings are still clean and running smoothly and even if you HAD to change them, it is dead simple. On my boutique carbon bikes a bearing swap always felt like a cardiac medical transplant to me ;-)

I totally LOVE this bike!

Jan. 14, 2020, 1:45 p.m.

frame looks sick. tho price ($4k) is a bit steep. cool to see more high end alu options out there though.

Jan. 14, 2020, 1:56 p.m.

Posted by: Znarf

too steep

too low

nice though

What is too steep? =)

I´ve spent the year on a V1 Madonna and have now sold off all my other bikes with different geometry. In comparison they are unridable.

Seriously - as good as the Madonna looks on paper - ride one and you will buy one if it generally is your type of bike and you have rowdy trails (and you've got LOADS of them in BC) ;-)

And then, a full riding season later you'll love it more, because the bearings are still clean and running smoothly and even if you HAD to change them, it is dead simple. On my boutique carbon bikes a bearing swap always felt like a cardiac medical transplant to me ;-)

Oh I'm just a little concerned about the rush to extremes. If seat tube was a degree slacker (I 172)* and bb 340 w/170 the want would be bad. Real bad.

The welding is beautiful.

Glad u lovin' yours.

CM better hurry up w/some deets before I buy a RipAF.........

*Know how road frame st angles get slacker the bigger the frame? Wish mtn bike makers would do similar but in reverse. WEithin reason...

Last edited by: tungsten on Jan. 14, 2020, 2:05 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Jan. 14, 2020, 5:40 p.m.

Posted by: xy9ine

frame looks sick. tho price ($4k) is a bit steep. cool to see more high end alu options out there though.

The US price is $2137 apparently, I guess it'll depend on where ours end up coming from.  The US price makes sense, the Euro price is bonkers to me.

I'd really like a 140mm version of that thing...

Jan. 14, 2020, 7:20 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

The US price is $2137 apparently, I guess it'll depend on where ours end up coming from.  The US price makes sense, the Euro price is bonkers to me.

Euro price might include the VAT.

Jan. 14, 2020, 8:21 p.m.

Best soundtrack to bike vid evar.......... https://youtu.be/BUQaldizeAI

Jan. 14, 2020, 8:54 p.m.

Posted by: DemonMike

Posted by: tashi

Euro price might include the VAT.

Whatever the tax situation (it's included in the EU price, not the US), I sure aren't part of their market at that price.

Jan. 14, 2020, 10:48 p.m.

Posted by: Znarf

too steep

too low

nice though

What is too steep? =)

Oh I'm just a little concerned about the rush to extremes. If seat tube was a degree slacker (I 172)* and bb 340 w/170 the want would be bad. Real bad.

The welding is beautiful.

Glad u lovin' yours.

CM better hurry up w/some deets before I buy a RipAF.........

*Know how road frame st angles get slacker the bigger the frame? Wish mtn bike makers would do similar but in reverse. WEithin reason...

Ok, I hear you :)

RAAW actually has exactly what you demand. Bigger frame sizes have steeper STAs and smaller a slacker one, also shorter and longer chainstays. Maybe not slack enough for what you want though? I find that ideal STA and shoe size influence each other actually, additional to size, leg length, proportions etc.